V$ Straat Builds

StraatJongen
Associate

Hey people! Welcome to Straat Builds :D

Little information about myself before going any further. My name is Reece. I was born in the Netherlands and a few years back my parents and i moved to the US. I got a job after graduating high school. I saved some money up to start a project.

That Project turned out to be a VW Golf. I didnt really want something sorta new, especially because i prefer older cars, so i ventured towards MK2 etc. I bought a MK2 5 Door *supposedly a GTi* It was modified when i purchased it but i had bought some stuff to change out because i really hated the wheels it came on and such.

The specific details are:

1987 Volkswagen Golf GTI?
Engine was previously the 1.8 16v but this has been changed to a 3.2L VR6 24V.
Lowered on AP Coilovers
RS Watanabe Replicas - Unsure on specific wheel name but 16x10 Squared
Golf GTI Leather Seats
Black/Red tail lights
2 Single Headlights Grille
Small Bumpers with GTI Stripe

The plans are keep the 3.2L, However strip it out and regasket it and renew serviceable parts, find a set of MK4 Golf Konig R32 seats.
Who knows? I might contemplate a turbo conversion. I may go to a 3.6L for the bigger displacement if i did go turbo.

Check this space for more updates!
Finances:
$25,000
-$6,000 - Golf
-$1200 for wheels
=$17,800

Current Finances = $17,800
Here's my Roleplay! Click here
RP Cars:
BMW E30 1UZ
BMW E39 525i
Volkswagen Golf MK2 5 Door GTi VR6 Swapped
BigSmoke
Hitman

Oh hey, welcome to the forums! :D That's a nice and relatively powerful MkII Golf you got over there. While you're not the first one to have a Golf (of any ganeration) as a starter, the number of Golf owners here is surprisingly low I should say, and that's why I dare to say you've made a unique choice :D

Good luck on modifying the Golf! Feel free to look around the forums to ask about just anything and to look for inspirations. And oh, since you're based in USA, I think I can have you connected with @Lagano, who happens to be based in USA and also owns a Golf MkII himself (try to guess what engine he put in his Golf :lol: ) :D
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
StraatJongen
Associate

BigSmoke wrote:
14 Mar 2020 19:58
Oh hey, welcome to the forums! :D That's a nice and relatively powerful MkII Golf you got over there. While you're not the first one to have a Golf (of any ganeration) as a starter, the number of Golf owners here is surprisingly low I should say, and that's why I dare to say you've made a unique choice :D

Good luck on modifying the Golf! Feel free to look around the forums to ask about just anything and to look for inspirations. And oh, since you're based in USA, I think I can have you connected with @Lagano, who happens to be based in USA and also owns a Golf MkII himself (try to guess what engine he put in his Golf :lol: ) :D
Thanks for the warm welcome man! I noticed Golf's arent common here, which is a good thing for me haha. I'm down to meet new people, especially if they own anything cool haha.
RP Cars:
BMW E30 1UZ
BMW E39 525i
Lagano
Gangster

Welcome aboard man! As he said i have a mk2 as well, although a 2 door one. Yours is pretty cool with a VR6, it must be hella fast! And if you're close to Oklahoma i might drop by some time. :)
StraatJongen
Associate

Lagano wrote:
14 Mar 2020 20:32
Welcome aboard man! As he said i have a mk2 as well, although a 2 door one. Yours is pretty cool with a VR6, it must be hella fast! And if you're close to Oklahoma i might drop by some time. :)
Thanks man! The VR6 is pretty fast for an N/A, especially with the MK2 not weighing a ton it moves haha. I live pretty close to Oklahoma actually. I live in Fort Worth, Texas. So drop by anytime you want!
RP Cars:
BMW E30 1UZ
BMW E39 525i
dariws
Associate

Hello and welcome!
I really like your MKII,it's simple and clean! Keep up! ;)
BMW E39 530i ● M54B30 231HP ● 2003
BMW E36 328i ● M52B28 193BHP ● 1997
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

Wellcomeeee! Love your Mk2 even same VR6 swap. I'm noticeable you has standard brake system, I'm suggestion to buy better brake system that can brake properly with VR6 swapped.
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
StraatJongen
Associate

SimplifyHerb wrote:
15 Mar 2020 09:42
Wellcomeeee! Love your Mk2 even same VR6 swap. I'm noticeable you has standard brake system, I'm suggestion to buy better brake system that can brake properly with VR6 swapped.
I'm deciding if i fit a Brembo/Wilwood Big Brake Kit or find another OEM upgrade like MK4/5 R32 Brakes. Thanks though!
dariws wrote:
15 Mar 2020 09:07
Hello and welcome!
I really like your MKII,it's simple and clean! Keep up! ;)
Thanks man! Ill make sure the MK2 stays clean
RP Cars:
BMW E30 1UZ
BMW E39 525i
R20WORKS
Associate

Beautiful Golf mk2!

I really like this one, do you have plans to replace sterring wheel?
StraatJongen
Associate

Little Visit...
So after purchasing the VR6 MK2, I posted some pictures onto my Social Medias, not long after that an old friend of mine hit me up which has a surprising turn of events.
He owns a Shop thats pretty awesome and usually specializes in VAG group vehicles, mainly older cars but they do work on some of the newer stuff.
Firstly, he offered me some space since his shop needed some promotion and he also offered me a Job there - Bonus - No a Post on Instagram didnt get me the Job but it did revive an old friendship.

I visited the shop and noticed he had gathered a cool little collection of Vehicles. The only car that stood out to me was an old BMW E30 Coupe - 318i but it had an interesting swap planned but he never got around to fitting it or anything.
After getting used to the place, i had a devious plan, I wanted that E30 badly, i was also his friend so i was gonna get a good deal. I initially asked if it was for Sale which he politely responded with "Yes, I dont want it anymore, You want it?". An offer of $4500 later and i was the proud owner of a non running E30 that had been modified but was engineless for the time being, luckily that $4500 did get me the engine package too. Pretty Cool engine package in my opinion. Toyota 1UZ mated to a ZF gearbox which would be perfect in the E30. 99% of the work was there, it only wanted wiring and plumbing in *after installing it into the Bay of course*.

The MK2 "16v" and the Jetta are both his. The Golf being primarily a Track Car fitted with a 2.8L Supercharged VR6 making around 360hp on 100 Octane Race Gas.
The Jetta "was" his Daily but the Bags blew out so hes currently in the process of removing and replacing the Bags with some new parts. That Jetta has a 2.0 ABF 16V engine fitted with Carbs, its pretty neat.

That E30 is gonna be a cool project to start!
Finances:
$17,800
-$4500 E30 Project 1UZ
= $13,500

Current Finances - $13,500
RP Cars:
BMW E30 1UZ
BMW E39 525i
dariws
Associate

The E30 it's clean as f*ck.Also the fitment is on point.
Congrats mate.
BMW E39 530i ● M54B30 231HP ● 2003
BMW E36 328i ● M52B28 193BHP ● 1997
Lagano
Gangster

Woah that E30 was a steal, love the 1UZ swap! What gearbox does it have exactly though? Might change it in a cheap SC400 i got :D
StraatJongen
Associate

Lagano wrote:
18 Mar 2020 13:00
Woah that E30 was a steal, love the 1UZ swap! What gearbox does it have exactly though? Might change it in a cheap SC400 i got :D
It has the BMW ZF-S6-37BZ, i was told it came out of a BMW Z4, Pretty stout gearbox i must say!
RP Cars:
BMW E30 1UZ
BMW E39 525i
StraatJongen
Associate

~ German Influence ~
Recently I purchased my first BMW! That being a BMW E30 Coupe with the Toyota 1UZ engine. Within the last two days, we've gotten it running and tuned (Not making any more power than stock, i want a fun skid seat time car that isnt for the street, it doesnt need a million HP since the E30 is pretty lightweight and the V8 has some decent torque on tap). After getting it running, I ended buying some RSL Cults to liven up the look of the car. Lemme say, its pretty hot!

Looking at those pictures, you will notice some changes, notably the M-Technic 1 Rear Lip Wing. That was a pretty hot piece that i really wanted. Also changed out my colour coded bumpers for some plain black versions. Black accents and flows better than the Red. I also painted the skirts red and removed the door and panel trims. At the front there is an M-Technic Lip, that fits perfectly. The current suspension is that low it literally sits on the splitter. I am gonna raise it around an inch for drivability purposes. Unless i decide its a stance car and i rewrite the fate of the vehicle entirely.

Now the title of this update means i was influenced and have done something in accordance to that.
I went out.. and bought.. another BMW! I wanted something more modern and a bit comfier to daily. This is because i mentioned i was playing around with the idea of turboing the MK2 VR6... well... I bit the bullet and pulled the engine, currently its waiting pickup from a good friend of mine who wanted a 3.2L for his MK3. I had to find another powerplant, so i picked up a 3.6L VR6 to benefit the boost ill be cramming into this baby. Speaking of turbos, i wanted to up the power significantly and went with a Garrett GTX3576R Gen II. I only want to be going upto around 600hp, so i spoke with Garrett, they recommended me that turbo with an A/R of 0.83, which should help spool a lot, especially with the extra displacement! Speak more about this later..

Now onto the BMW i picked up after the E30.. I went for an E39 525i Saloon. Nothing special i know but i want something sorta nice and i didnt hold out either. I looked around on some forums and spoke with people, i got into contact with a local kid who had a 525i that had an M5 Conversion on the outside and inside. Full M5 Bodykit and Interior. I dont really think its a genuine Bodykit since i could tell it was Fibreglass straight away. However i dont care about that. Its lowered *a lot* and came with some oddball choice for a Euro, 5ZIGEN FN01R-C's in Silver Matt Finish in 18x10 fitment. Its a pretty "stance" oriented vehicle but has a Welded diff which makes for skids. Currently its sat on its ass but thats because i havent had the time to raise, plus i really dig the look of it currently!

So officially that E39 is my daily and my "streeto" vehicle. E30 is finished but wants a shakedown to make sure everything is all good. MK2 is currently receiving a 3.6L VR6 and huge turbo.

Ill see you guys later!

Finances:
$13,500 - Current Finances prior to update
--------------------------------------------------------------------
-$1,834 - Garrett GTX3576R Gen II
-$3,000 - 3.6L VR6
-$3,000 - BMW 525i
-$900 - E30 parts (excluding wheels)
-$1,600 for RSL Cults
= $10,334
Current Finances = $3,166
+ $1,300 for 3.2L 24V R32 VR6
= $4,466
Current Finances after purchases and sold items
= $4,466
RP Cars:
BMW E30 1UZ
BMW E39 525i
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO ayyy damn that e30 really did take a nice turn uwu i adore it absolutely and it's new lip!!! Ah another e39 around here they kind of grew on me now ngl might need to get one too maybe lol. And your golf lineup really does look awesome can't wait for the new turbskie to be put on too!
Lagano
Gangster

And another red BMW! 5Zigens look beautiful on it, i've often seen those mostly on Japanese cars way back from the early 2000's. So it's quite unusual to see them on an E39 but it's a perfect fit ;) E30 got some nice wheels too but you should get slightly bigger tires or raise the suspension, otherwise that front lip won't stay there for long! :lol:
Mikee
Associate

Love your E30! It looks fantastic!
Will you go shadow line? Or you would like to keep chrome?
my roleplay topic

my current cars:
► Show Spoiler
StraatJongen
Associate

NotPerfect wrote:
20 Mar 2020 19:47
OwO ayyy damn that e30 really did take a nice turn uwu i adore it absolutely and it's new lip!!! Ah another e39 around here they kind of grew on me now ngl might need to get one too maybe lol. And your golf lineup really does look awesome can't wait for the new turbskie to be put on too!
The E30 is probably gonna stay like that for a while! It looks too good atm. E39 grew on me recently too haha. The Golf's are pretty awesome haha thanks!
Lagano wrote:
21 Mar 2020 18:19
And another red BMW! 5Zigens look beautiful on it, i've often seen those mostly on Japanese cars way back from the early 2000's. So it's quite unusual to see them on an E39 but it's a perfect fit ;) E30 got some nice wheels too but you should get slightly bigger tires or raise the suspension, otherwise that front lip won't stay there for long! :lol:
5Zigens aren't common place for BMW's and Euro stuff! E30's gonna be raised around an inch, probably run a larger sidewall tyre too to prevent them being smashed to 1000 pieces. That Front Lip is the centrepiece so i dont wanna break it either.
Mikee wrote:
23 Mar 2020 12:30
Love your E30! It looks fantastic!
Will you go shadow line? Or you would like to keep chrome?
When I bought the E30, it came with Shadow Line Trim which usually looks good on darker colour cars like blue, black etc. Red however pops really well with the Chromeline trim!
RP Cars:
BMW E30 1UZ
BMW E39 525i
Soju
Gangster

The E39 looks so clean, I love it