V$ BigSmoke's Bizzare Builds and Life

Nightkid
Gangster

23 Oct 2019 18:32

God damn , one year already ?! I still remember the day you´ve appeared on the forums just like it was yesterday !( am i that old ?! ) Also hmmm another EBO?! :ˇ))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*EDIT* page 2 yaay
BigSmoke wrote:
23 Oct 2019 15:39
365 Days and Beyond

October 18th 2018 marked my first foray into the roleplay world at VS forums (the old one that is), where I begin as a humble man with a high-miler Evo III which costed me half of my starter budget. And from there, things just went........escalated. From a trackday enthusiast with a low weekly salary and a sole daily and track toy into a semi-pro time attack driver with weekly salary more than twice from what I started with and a staggering collection of nine cars. Oh how time flies so quickly...............and yet, it's actually just 365 days and a bit more.

If you still haven't got the idea of what's going on, it's been officially one year (and some days) since I started this bizzare, adventurous and colorful roleplay thread. If you want to see how I started back then, head over here! Or if you can't be bothered of doing a simple click on your mouse or phone screen, let's see how Silver Queen looked like when I bought it.
Although it's the GSR model, the previous owner fitted it with steelies to resemble the RS model for some reason. It was like, a third-hand or even fourth-hander car. It has run some distances along its lifetime before it landed on my hands, and obviously the transmission and engine internals are rather tired. Even so, some mods installed on the car like the Fujitsubo Muffler and radiator expansion tank remained until today.

Back then I don't even have a vision or plan on how long I'm going to keep this thread running. A month? 2 months? Half a year? A year or two? It was just far from my grasp, added with the fact that there are a lot of people who started way earlier than I did, and not a bit of them stopped after just one to four weeks.

But in the end, here I am, still going on strong after 365 days and a bit more. Writing those updates actually kept my right brain on fire, fuelling my thoughts and inspirations, keeping and training me to be a creative human being. Having a roleplay thread opens a new way for me to express my vision and opinions about everything that is happening in this world, and also giving me new insights and knowledges about motorsport and car ownership in general. Yeah, now I know just how hard it is to own and modify your car in real life. It's like playing Motorsport Manager, but instead of owning a motorsport team with some assistants at the start, you're literally on your own........

Except when you have friends on your side! I've met a lot of friends ever since I started this thread and kept on creating connections ever since. Friend of mine introduced me to his friend, then to another of his friend, and another........it's like a swarm of viral internet content. Not only I get to befriend people around the world, I get to see their ideals and visions as well! The world is a huge place, but sometimes, distance is just an illusion when we have a strong sense of friendship and brotherhood, even if it's just a virtual one. Even they gave me new hobbies like checking out used car prices, which I never did before! :lol:

I hereby thank you for all of you who has followed my journey, whether if you've followed my chronicles form the start, or if you've just joined into the fray of storyline. People come and go as I kept on running and telling my stories, and there are a lot of people who I once seen often that is now inactive, mostly since reality ensues and they have to kept on living in real life. But it's okay, since after all I still have one as well. I appreciate and salute those who come, stay and went away as I'm keep going. There are a lot of people I'd like to thank, some of them aren't active anymore, and it'll be a hell lot of time to list them, so I'll just say thanks to everybody! :lol:

If you've just started your roleplay or still continuing yours, I say don't give up, keep on developing yourself, explore new things, make connections, and most of all, be creative. There are some times in my updates where I didn't get a lot of responds, or just downright none at all. But that doesn't made me stop. As I figure what did I do wrong, I try new things and topics to keep people interested while trying to give them some new insights as well. I mean, I know not all people likes trackdays or going fast, so I balanced things out with working on my cars, or going sideways, or viewing other's rides. Well you don't have to go all-out and create long narratives like I did, but hey, there are reasons why novel stories like Sherlock Holmes series, Harry Potter series, Tom Clancy series or even Twillight series are some of the most sought-after literatures in the world, y'know.

And oh, my thread at the old forums stopped at post #425. It is only some more posts to go until the next milestone of 500 posts! :D And yes, that means another paycheck raise. So I'll try to keep myself active on the forums to see this become reality. Normal service will resume at either this or next week. But before that, a little bit of teaser.............

That's all my updates for now, thank you for stopping by and see you soon!

Buzzsaw
Gangster

23 Oct 2019 19:20

Wait what? You are on 2 page, now I'm very happy boy being no more lonely as 2nd page user. :lol:
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13063

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RP's History owner of vehicle.
► Show Spoiler

NotPerfect
Gangster

23 Oct 2019 19:52

UwU a whole year passed? Damn although the car didn't see that many visual changes uwu rpf1's
► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

BigSmoke
Gangster

24 Oct 2019 04:10

Nightkid wrote:
23 Oct 2019 18:32
God damn , one year already ?! I still remember the day you´ve appeared on the forums just like it was yesterday !( am i that old ?! ) Also hmmm another EBO?! :ˇ))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Been a long time indeed, yea? Also yapin another Evo! :D
Buzzsaw wrote:
23 Oct 2019 19:20
Wait what? You are on 2 page, now I'm very happy boy being no more lonely as 2nd page user. :lol:
Page 2 gang page 2 gang! :lol:
NotPerfect wrote:
23 Oct 2019 19:52
UwU a whole year passed? Damn although the car didn't see that many visual changes uwu rpf1's
Yeah, it's been a while and it doesn't have any visual chages apart from the seats and wheels :lol: It's already looking cool stock for me
► Show Spoiler
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Japonic
Associate

24 Oct 2019 15:51

I like your ER34. One day I'd like to see it up close. :D

BigSmoke
Gangster

25 Oct 2019 05:11

Japonic wrote:
24 Oct 2019 15:51
I like your ER34. One day I'd like to see it up close. :D
Oh sure sure, feel free to do so :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

BigSmoke
Gangster

27 Oct 2019 18:15

Training Regime

Well, the time has come for the Evo V to show up, so say hi to the next heir of my garage!
And even though there's no time attack events for the rest of the month, I still get to taste some track actions!
And oh, finally I hit a touge route again with the Silver Queen after a looong time!
Time to jump into the update and see how it all unfolds! :D

[19 Oct 2019]
With the end of the year getting even closer, this means I've got even lesser time to do any developments on my next time attack challenger, so an action has to be done. But first, obviously I haven't obtained the car I want to develop.....silly me :lol: If you guys have followed my thread lately, you'd know that I'm looking for Evo V. So it is time to hit the classifieds and get cracking! I'm expecting for the prices to stay stagnant ever since the last time I delved for Evos.........

As I've explained some time ago, I'm specifically looking for an Evo V, rather than VI or newer. The Evo IV is even cheaper, but for some reason it's one of the least favorite among the Evo generations. Meanwhile, Evo VI upwards still has a sky-high prices, since they're all fan-favorites. The fact that Evo has been phased out from Mitubishi's line-up recently doesn't help matters either. Minus points for Evo VI since they tend to be an alternative for those who failed to get the TME version, therefore cranking the price even further.

Technically sepaking, the Evo IV itself was a huge upgrade over the Evo III that I have, but the Evo V was several steps even further. Evo VI simply refines the formula set by Evo V into an even better car. Since Evo IV-VI uses the same platform, akin to Evo I-III and Evo VII-IX, visual and possibly running gear parts are interchangeable. And even better, this extends to the engine and transmission department, since Evo IV-IX has the same structures for them. That's a lot of parts to play with! :D

Later on I found the perfect candidate for my project. This Evo V got manual transmission and, to my delight, low miles, with only 90,835 kms on the odometer. That's not even a third or even a quarter of the distance my Silver Queen has covered along its lifetime! Why did it spent its life as a garage queen I'm not really sure, but all in all it looks quite great. Everything is bone stock apart from the Momo Tuner steering wheel and Enkei RPF1 wheels. And better still, it's located in Yokohama, which means delivery costs is cheap. I know I know, I have a tow van to pick it up or even I could pick it up and drive it away......I'm just a bit lazy to pick it up myself :lol: Overall the Evo V costed me a nice V$5760, with an additional V$100 to tow it to my crib. Delivery should took two days.
► Show Spoiler
With the development subject obtained, it is time to plan my first upgrades. Back when I started developing Silver Queen, I started on the wheel and comforts first, since uhhh......the radio was broken (replaced with DAB receiver since) and I don't really like steelies. And I don't think people still produced body kits for Evo III......it already looked cool in stock form after all. But this time, since the Evo IV-VI generations are still used and competed for various purposes worldwide, obviously aftermarket parts are still produced for them. The Evo V actually looks cool in stock form as well....but this time, I could use some weight reduction. Let the diet begin!

First off, the bonnet. Rallytech has full carbon fiber bonnet for Evo V and VI stocked for V$624, though they suggest to get a hood pin set to complement it. Whether I actually need one remains to be seen, but so far it looks promising, so I bought one. And then moving to the back side, I bought a carbon fiber trunk for Evo VI (yes, as opposed to V) from hillclimb masters Monster Sport. I always thought they only specialized in Suzuki cars......after all, they're famous for their SX4, which was one of the modern king of Pikes Peak. Turns out they're doing performance parts for Mitsubishi as well! Man I really want to have a chatter with Nobuhiro Tajima himself......ah anyways, the trunk costed me V$838. I picked the Evo VI ones as opposed to Evo V, since the Evo V has an extra set of lights on its trunk, which the Evo VI doesn't have. While this might lead to me frantically looking for a solution to disable the extra lights wiring, count that as another weight reduction.

Moving up a bit, I also ordered a carbon fiber wing blade from EvoBits for V$200. "Hang on, why not the entire wing?" I still need a sturdy wing base, and so far I didn't find one that is made of carbon fiber. In the meantime the wing blade itself may only cut a smidgen of the overall weight, but I'm sure it would give a bit of aero benefit as well. And finally, the doors. Sadly there are no carbon fiber doors available for Evo IV, V or VI, so I had to do with FRP doors. Thankfully RevZone has them for 2900 AUD, which is around V$1450. The one they made would suit the stock door panels and windows, so perfect for daily usage. With the exception of the wing blade (cause they look cool unpainted), I plan to either repaint or rewrap the Evo after applying these parts. But now, time to wait..........

[21 Oct 2019]
There are two huge things that come to my crib at the moment: My weekly paycheck of V$940, and.......the Evo V! At last, it's arrived at the doorsteps (well not literally :lol: ) of my crib. I was so excited I ran off my crib when I saw the tow truck coming with the Evo. After I received the keys to the Evo V and the tow truck went away from my crib, I inspected the Evo V in better detail.

Exterior wise it's all great and magnificent, just a little bit dusty and dirty. Underneath the car there are some light surface rust, but that can be solved by either sanding it or......just replace it right away. No worries, then! :D Oh and as I've mentioned before, the Evo V has adjustable rear wing blades, a first among the Evos at that time. I ended up toying with the adjustment for some time :lol:
Interior wise, it's all good as well, AC works just fine and, to my delight, the radio works! Seats are slightly comfier and softer than I expected......the only problem is they're quite dusty. A huge cloud of dust puffs up as I sit on the seats, prompting me to let out a huge cough as I tried to catch my breath back. (And yes I know, wrong steering wheel in the pics. Forgot to change them before taking screenies).
All in all, everything's fine like a Gucci bag! Just a small amount of TLC required for it, mainly cleaning the car and changing the fluids for the car. I can't wait to work on the car, and hopefully the works will be done quickly so I can shift my focus back to the S15 as soon as possible. Oh, speaking of the engine and transmission, try to guess how the interchangeability of Evo IV-IX engine and transmission components has to do with my plans ;)

And oh, I guess I've told you that the Evo V featured an adjustable rear spoiler blade, the first amongst the Evo generations. I was sooo fascinated with that feature, I spent some time learning and toying with the Evo V's spoiler blade like a toddler with a new toy :lol:

Later that day, I received a call from Ohira-sensei. I wonder how did he and his garage survived the recent typhoon attack? And also, is it time already to sample their Mirage time attack project?

"Edo-kun, are you there son?"
"I'm here sensei, anything I can help?"
"Do you got any plans this weekend?"
"Ummmm bsically I haven't got any, since there's no races held for the rest of the month"
"I see.....that's great. Listen, it's time"
"For wha-OH.......the Mirage? It's raceday already?"
"Well of course not" *giggle* "But yeah, it's ready to be tested"
"Oh great! So where and when?"
"Friday, midday at Nikko. I believe it's grip trackday there"
"Eh? Not at Tsukuba?"
"No, not yet. We gonna test the handling first"
"Ah I see, still great though. I've been there-"
"Oh good then. I'll see you right on the track then"
"See you at Friday sensei"

Oh it is time then! And quite a great track selection I should say. I can't wait to get my hands on the Mirage! :D

[25 Oct 2019]
It's time for test day! I giddily went off to Nikko with my Silver Queen, since I think the Summer Yume crew has arrived there first. It's quite a sunny day with mild breeze, perfect for toasting rubbers under the sun quickly. I didn't bring my race suit, as usually long sleeves or hoodies are enough for trackdays, but I did brought my racing helmet and gloves with me, as well as donning my race boots. Safe to say, they're some of my favourite items in my life :lol:

Some time later, I arrived at Nikko Circuit right as lunch time comes in. I saw their Mirage, but not the crew themselves. I'm hungry anyways, so in an instant I went off to park the SIlver Queen near the pitlane. The track itself was vivid and alive, with lots of cars either going for grip or drift runs. From cars like Cappuccino and Alto Works, to common time attack cars like the EG6, EK9, S15, ZN6, various Imprezas and Subies as well as a couple of R32 and R33 GTS-ts were present at the track. A couple S13, S14 and JZX100s were also there to go sideways later that day. Even I saw two Toyota Proboxes duking it out at one time!
As I expected, everybody was slurping bowls of ramen at the track's canteen. The crew present for the day were Ohira-sensei, Yuuta, Kei and Mishima. Goro and Nato were left at the shop to keep the shop safe and the business to run for the day. As I greeted them and had a rather long chatter as we enjoy our lunch, I had a seafood ramen with bottled tea on the side. It's quite delicious, you should try them sometime :D

Speaking of Proboxes, it's quite an unexpected rise in the JDM world, but recently, tuning and racing Toyota Probox vans, or its passenger car counterpart, Toyota Succeed, has been a trend amongst Japanese tuners and enthusiasts. The Probox and Succeed uses the 1NZ-FE engine, which usually you can find in the likes of Toyota Yaris, so ideal for long-term use. Usually they're utilized for track day and grip racing purposes, or alternatively, as a lowered stance boi (and you don't even have to slam it!), or simply a modded daily runner.

For trackday and grip purposes you might already see them similar to the Dajiban culture, which uses imported Dodge vans to grip and tear around various circuits, including Ebisu. But unlike those Dodge vans that needs to be imported in order to obtain it, Proboxes and Succeeds are (a) everywhere and (b) cheap to obtain, therefore making this segment of tuning world rises quickly. Even Probox racing has got their own league, in the form of All-Japan Probox-Succeed Championship, or JPSC.

To give you an idea on how serious this culture segment has become, Even Trust/GReddy and Blitz has their own Probox, obviously featuring their expertise on various aspects on the car. Both of these acted as their shop car and also racecar, and bonus points for Blitz's Probox since it's still streetlegal. You can read about Trust's Probox here and Blitz's Probox here. And oh, there's also already tuning shop that is dedicated to tune Proboxes and Succeeds, such as MJ Japan. You can read about their demo/racer car here.

Right, enough talking about Proboxes, we're way off the thread. After fullfilling our bowels with ramen broth, we set off to work. As this is the Mirage (and Summer Yume)'s very first outing, we were surrounded by several enthusiasts. They were quite interested with the NA 4G63 setup we used, though whether this is actually effective remains to be seen. Seeing that I've got almost nothing to do, Mishima told me to rent the VBox from the main office and have myself warmed up. And what a better way to warm up than to score lap times with my Silver Queen? So I decided to pick two VBoxes.
And oh, I could hear some of you saying, "But Smoke, is it really possible to do a grip day at Nikko? I thought it's a drift circuit?" Well I'm glad to tell you, yes, grip days at Nikko does exists! But indeed it's more famous as drift circuit, as well as motorcycle circuit. Despite that, Nikko sometimes does grip trackdays as well. And just like Tsukuba which has their own time attack championship series, Nikko has their own 3-hour endurance series, with proper driver change and pit rules. Cool stuff innit? You can read more about it here.

Speaking about time attack, the current track record is held by Yellow Factory EG6, with the time of 35.962 seconds. Well Nikko is short after all, but with a lot of RWD machines running around Nikko everyday, you might be surprised that the current record holder is an FWD car (with a proper aero kit, mind you). The RWD record is currently held by the famous Sakamoto FD, with a time of 36.743 seconds. The AWD record meanwhile is held by BFM X Marusho Evo with the time of 37.417 seconds. And there's one more record that I'd like to brought up, which is the backwards track record. Yup that's right, someone set a lap record while running in the opposite direction. Said record is held by Koichi Kono in his FD3S, scoring a time of 41.468 seconds. You can see the lap record list here.

After installing the VBox in my Silver Queen and the crew's Mirage, I went off to my Silver Queen and drove it to the pit exit as I wait for the pit lights to turn green. And oh, speaking of which, the last time I ran here, I set a best lap of 40.364 seconds. I'm not looking forward to improve it, but it'll be a great news if I did.
Light turns green and I set off to do some hot laps. Initially I went.....just normal, not too slow but absolutely not pushing as usual. Weather is nice, asphalt temperature is hot enough to cook an egg, and wind is calm. Why autumn has to be this hot I have no idea.
But eventually my usual competitve self woke up again and I was running like hell again, gunning the Silver Queen in every corner. It's true what they say, speed and thrills are addictive :lol: And with a car as fast as this, it's even more enjoyable.
After some laps I ended my warm-up (which is now should be relabeled as piping hot) laps, with the best time of........funnily enough, 39.696 seconds, almost a second better at my previous attempt. That's what you get when spirit, passion and adrenaline took your consciousness over at the same time :lol: I went back to the pits to check out how's the crew doing on the Mirage.
Turns out they've almost done, and as I stepped off the Silver Queen, Kei notified me to come over their spot and get ready. I did some more stretches, drink a bottle of water and get a bit of massage from Yuuta before entering the Mirage. Ah yes, the plan for the day is to have me get in the car first to guide Yuuta around the track, as well as assess the setup for Yuuta. Sounds like a good plan, I should say.

Later on, I was back on the track with the Mirage, trying to tame both the understeer that naturally comes with FWD cars, as well as lift-off oversteer. This required much more dexterity than I thought. On the Silver Queen, which is AWD, I can go aggressive as the torque distribution was mainly set rearwards. Here in the Mirage you'd really have to feather it, but you can't be sure if you're going fast enough this way.
And later on I found the major problem: The brake bias were set too far forward, as I found out when I suffered a major lock-up at the final sector. At least I still could save it, but this also means lots of rubber wasted away plus uneven tyre heating. A good thing I didn't rip the whole thing off.......
With the assesment done and a best lap of 47.326 seconds, I went back to the pits. Back to the crew, I suggested to them to change the brake bias a bit rearwards, get the front diff to lock less and lower front tyre pressure. With a brand new front tyres, later on Yuuta went off to the track to test the new setup and to see how fast he can be. Meanwhile I, Ohira-sensei, Kei and Mishima went off to the back of the pit wall to see him running up close.

In between he observations, I talked to Ohira-sensei about the evacuation activities and endurance race I've done, which you can see at the previous update. Turns out Ohira-sensei and crew was lucky enough to be inside the garage while the storm happened. All Ohira-sensei did was drive his Galant up into the working bay, close the garage doors and camp with the others inside the garage. Well it still got hit by a minor flood in the end, but all in all everything was safe, but as Mishima said to me, "the garage reeks of mud and oil waste. Absolutely spectacular"

Yuuta's run in the Mirage was clean and smooth. I reckon the setup worked well........
Until eventually he had a giant lockup at the same spot as I did. This time though, Yuuta failed to recover and he had to veer the Mirage into a gravel bath. After said lockup he went back to the pits to check the damages done to the car, whch fortunately there were next to none. His best time before the lockup was 48.735 seconds.
As the crew fixed the Mirage a bit, I, Yuuta and Ohira-sensei discussed about our driving so far. I reckon that Yuuta could be faster if (a)The brake bias moved rearwards even more and (b)Yuuta could be a bit braver. After motivating Yuuta a bit over his driving ("You gotta run faster and more precise my man. That's how top level racers and chefs around the world does it!"), I let him drive the Mirage again since I'm a bit tired. I went back to the pit wall with the crew with some more bottles of water in my side.

Even though at first Yuuta still had to adapt to the new setting (to the point he made a huge lift-off oversteer at the first corner), eventually he got the hang of it! His driving style is much more smoother and flowing as time passes by, and the locking issue has been minimized. Though there are still some of it, it doesn't violently sway the rear of the Mirage as I and Yuuta experienced earlier. Even he managed to beat my time, with the final best of 46.832 seconds. I shouted "We did it!" as I jumped cheerfully and shared high fives with the entire crew.
Finally, Yuuta went back to the pits. I, the Summer Yume crew and some other enthusiasts welcomed him back with a standing ovation and a lot of cheering. I can see the potential inside him very well....I wonder how fast he can be if we put him straight into an Evo IV :lol: But for now he still has a lot to learn, point that is capitalized by Ohira-sensei later.
As Ohira-sensei handed me V$500 as the payment for my test driver duty for the day, he gathered everyone for one last discussion before the crew went back to the garage, and I went back to my crib.

"It's been a great test day today, thank you all for your hard work. Edo-kun, Yuuta-kun, I have a plan for you two"
"What is it sensei?"
"Come to the garage tomorrow morning, let's have another drive"
"Another test, sensei? I could do-"
"No, this isn't a test day. Just a casual fast drive"
"Um, a trackday?"
"Well......not really. Just come to the garage tomorrow, I'll explain it when the time comes"
".....sounds not so convincing sensei, but I'll come, don't worry. Got nothing to do anyways"

Still puzzled over Ohira-sensei's plans, I bid goodbye to the crew and went back to Tsukuba. I wonder what is he actually planning to do?

[26 Oct 2019]
Still trying to guess what is Ohira-sensei planning, I went off to the Summer Yume garage anyways. As I arrived at the garage, I saw Ohira-sensei's Galant in clean, pristine condition, as well as the Mirage being almost fully restored. As Ohira-sensei handed me and Yuuta a bottle of tea, he gathered us for some talks. Finally, time to discover what is he planning.........

"My boys, it is time"
"Okay sensei, what are you suggesting to us yesterday?"
"We're going for a drive. A touge drive, that is"
"Hey that's great, I'm definitely in. But what about Yuu-"
"The Mirage is still road legal, don't you remember?"
"Ah yes yes you're right. Which touge by the way?"
"Have you ever visited the Tsukuba Fruits Line?"
"OOOOOH yes yes yes! I've been there several times, and you've told me you were once raced there"
"I'm glad you still remember my stories. Anyways, I want to drive my Galant there once more"
"Oh really sensei? I always want to see you drive around actually-"
"And I want to see you drive around the route as well"
"Wew, so we got to see each other" *laughter*
"And I also want to train Yuuta a bit further. Skills, dexterity, reactions, everything"
"I think this is actually a great idea"
As we prepared ourselves for the ride to the touge spot, I shifted my attention to Yuuta.

"Yuuta, have you ever seen bossman driving?"
"Not yet, aniki, I can't wait as well!"
"I know right? This should be an interesting drive. Ah tell me, how did the car felt yesterday?"
"A bit rough and tight at the first run, but after the second run I think I've got it"
"I'm glad the setup worked well. Hopefully it'll work as well for today's drive"
"Hopefully so. Ah, aniki, have you driven around a mountain pass before?"
"Oh yeah yeah, though it's been a long time since. How about you?"
"Ah, I never done this before. Is there anything I should be aware of?"
"Hmmm, a lot. Yourself in particular"
"Eh? What do you mean?"
"Um, keep yourself alerted of your surroundings, don't push too hard, and let the car flow with the road"
"Aaaah I see I see"
"Simply don't get sleepy and too fast that is all"

Later that day, we arrived at the start of the Tsukuba Fruits Line Touge. The route spans from the off-limits of the Tsuchiura city to the outskirts areas of Ishioka city, where we are at the moment. If you're a huge fan of Initial D, you'll know that this touge is the home turf of the Purple Shadow team, which consisted of two blazingly fast seniors: Dr. Toshiya Joshima, or better known as God Hand who drives an S2K AP1, and Kozo Hoshino, or better known as God Foot who drives a Millenium Jade R34 GT-R. Fun fact: Kozo is a nod and reference to Kazuyoshi Hoshino, Nissan's works driver back in the day, who later found and owns the Impul aftermarket corporation. His son, Kazuki, still actively racing today for his dad's racing team in Super GT.

Before we get into the action, we decided to have a bit of rest at the top of the route. The traffic was almost nonexistent, the weather was nice and sunny, with cold breeze running down the road and our skins. The air is clean and fresh, truly a treat for our lungs and engines. Man I wish I could simply camp on the parking lot for the weekend...... :lol: But really, a drive around the mountain passes is the best for some, and it doesn't need to be fast. Simply admiring the view while driving slowly will evoke your senses and stimulate your mind, perhaps would also bring your mind to something or someone that you love, makes you think "Ah, I wish you're here right now"
Aaaanyways, after some time enjoying the fresh air, it's time to roll. First off, we go downhill, which I usually does. I so want to chase Ohira-sensei down the mountain, but since overtaing is quite difficult here, he told me to lead anyway, with Yuuta chasing him instead as a test. Well I do't mind really, open roads ahead is always welcome.
As I started to go downhill, I blasted this song from my speakers. I tell you what, that songs is the perfect choice to blast at a touge route. Tempo's not so fast, but intense, flowing and cheerful enough to accompany your ride along the mountain. Ohira-sensei and Yuuta soon joined the pack on my back.
We approached my favourite corners of this pass. This one has gutter inside, but the there's also the rock faces after it. And there's no railguards on the outside. You either play safe while passing it, or try to hug the gutter with the risk of either hitting the rock, lauching your car off the hill, or even both.
The winding route continues downwards, with sometimes the road splits up into a two lane blacktop, and sometimes rejoins into a single lane again. You really have to be careful to pick your way around here. Thanfully though I didn't see any traffic so far, otherwise it'll be difficult to navigate around with their presence.
Surprisingly enough, despite the power and wheelbase difference that my Silver Queen and Ohira-sensei's Galant has, Ohira-sensei was still able to catch up with my Evo. He's really still got it, it turns out! I guess had if I was facing his younger self, it's actually possible for me to get passed by him. It just amazing to see him keeping up with my Silver Queen. In the meantime, Yuuta had to fight against understeer again as he tried to avoid plunging the Mirage and himself down the hills.
Another of my favourite corners came near the end of the route. After another road openings, you'll be faced with a chicane spread on a two-lane road, with no armcos protecting the apex of the latter part of it. You can try and dip your front wheel at the apex.....at the risk of the entire car could clip the entire corner, eventually you can't return it back on the road.
Some time later, we arrived to the finish line of the route, which is a small temple with a parking lot nearby. Continuing the route will bring you to Tsuchiura city. First to arrive was me and my Silver Queen, then Ohira-sensei and his Galant, and finally after a bit while Yuuta and the Mirage.
We decided to stop for a while to assess our driving while have a rest. I can only get away from Ohira-sensei at the first and final sections of the route, while Yuuta pretty much struggling to keep up as he fights his own fear and understeer. Somehow he didn't really want to do some more lift-off oversteer, but eh, that's understandable. It the first time he's doing this after all.
Some time later, it's time for us to go back home to Tsukuba. Ohira-sensei though opted to have some personal chatter firt with Yuuta, so he allowed me to go back first. And since I never run this route as a hillclimb route, might as well try it right now. I'm sure the Silver Queen has the power to go up the road again. I fired up the Silver Queen and went back to the road as this song blasts through my speakers.
Going up the mountain pass really has it's own challenge. Yes, the grip levels are much better than going downhill as your car presses the road much better thanks to the gravity, and you can trust the tyres much better, but the corners themselves.......if you're not sure where you're going, get ready to crash. In downhill route at least you can see a bit or even half of the apex of the next corner. Here you're almost completely blinded.
But soon I've went back into the groove. The fact that I've ran the route downhill several times helped me memorizing the corners rather well. So in order to go uphill quickly you only need to reverse your memory......though some of my thoughts are aided with a bit of guesswork as well. Still, this made me confident to give it the beans.
And in the uphill run, attacking my favourite corner is much easier, since you can spot the gutter quicker than if you're running it downhill, so you can quickly drive into it. Hugging the gutter helps with the grip as well in this case! Truly a great experience.....I already felt like a pro hillclimber :lol:
It's been a while since the last time I hit this touge route with the SIlver Queen, and upon going it in the opposite direction I really wanted to try to do it again. It's even more fun than I thought!
And finally before going back to Tsukuba I decided to stop once again in the parking lot where I, Ohira-sensei and Yuuta stopped earlier to enjoy the cold breeze and great views. I'd say I really wanted to do this again with some friends, if I could. Or......how about camping with friends near or even at the parking lot? :lol:
And oh, later that day I found out that bossman @Benny has gifted me a set of Volk ZE40s in 18 inch size. This turned out to be my reward for helping him sourcing one of the S13s he bought recently around the Japan soil. This should go well with the Evo V, I can tell you :D What would he do with the S13 though remains to be seen, so you should follow the progress here!

With the update done, let's see how all my purchases has impacted my wallet:
► Show Spoiler

Last edited by BigSmoke on 31 Oct 2019 05:24, edited 2 times in total.

FranklinAnderson
Associate

27 Oct 2019 18:53

DUDEEEEEEE! FINALLY YOU DID IT!
Congrats for the new Evo V! And for the successful test of the Mirage!
I'm excited to see what you will do with this thing!
Keep it up!
Current Money : $38935

Roleplay info below...
► Show Spoiler
Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)

Buzzsaw
Gangster

27 Oct 2019 19:54

I'm sure Evo V bit of loves, and you will be proud it. :)

I hears the rumours about Evo V front CV shaft bit shorter, so just careful when you was planned to lower Evo V. I could be wrong.

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

NotPerfect
Gangster

27 Oct 2019 22:08

Ayyy owo new evo? Niiccee the more evo's the better, and uwu time attack mirage at nikko? That's gonna be future me at one point maybe. A touge run ???? Very big yes yes
► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

Nick Shovkin
Associate

28 Oct 2019 01:35

Nice EVO! And I agree with Buzzsaw about CV shaft. Someone also told me about this when I wanted to buy myself the same EVO!
► Show Spoiler

Soju
Associate

28 Oct 2019 04:19

The new Evo looks pretty nice! And all of the MMC gang looking so cool! :)

BigSmoke
Gangster

28 Oct 2019 06:08

FranklinAnderson wrote:
27 Oct 2019 18:53
DUDEEEEEEE! FINALLY YOU DID IT!
Congrats for the new Evo V! And for the successful test of the Mirage!
I'm excited to see what you will do with this thing!
Keep it up!
Thanks man! Ah I guess you should've known what am I going to do with it ;)
Buzzsaw wrote:
27 Oct 2019 19:54
I'm sure Evo V bit of loves, and you will be proud it. :)

I hears the rumours about Evo V front CV shaft bit shorter, so just careful when you was planned to lower Evo V. I could be wrong.
Nick Shovkin wrote:
28 Oct 2019 01:35
Nice EVO! And I agree with Buzzsaw about CV shaft. Someone also told me about this when I wanted to buy myself the same EVO!
Thanks boys! I don't think I'm going to lower the Evo that much, but nevertheless thanks for the top tip! Might going to change it with either one from Evo VI or an aftermarket one :D
NotPerfect wrote:
27 Oct 2019 22:08
Ayyy owo new evo? Niiccee the more evo's the better, and uwu time attack mirage at nikko? That's gonna be future me at one point maybe. A touge run ???? Very big yes yes
Thanks man! Yeah, I'd like to see you run yours some time ;)
Soju wrote:
28 Oct 2019 04:19
The new Evo looks pretty nice! And all of the MMC gang looking so cool! :)
Thanks my man! We truly relive the 90s at that moment :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Lagano
Associate

28 Oct 2019 22:11

That Mirage seems like a fun little track weapon! Not as fast as your Evo by any means but it's more fun to drive sometimes. :) They're both great for a touge run too, and it's good to see the old man with the Galant still running with you guys! Hard to believe the Evo 3 has been around for one year, it was epic but i guess it's time for an upgrade now. And as soon as you got the Evo 5 you already replaced so many parts with carbon fiber, i like it haha.

BigSmoke
Gangster

29 Oct 2019 08:05

Lagano wrote:
28 Oct 2019 22:11
That Mirage seems like a fun little track weapon! Not as fast as your Evo by any means but it's more fun to drive sometimes. :) They're both great for a touge run too, and it's good to see the old man with the Galant still running with you guys! Hard to believe the Evo 3 has been around for one year, it was epic but i guess it's time for an upgrade now. And as soon as you got the Evo 5 you already replaced so many parts with carbon fiber, i like it haha.
It's quite fun to drive I should say, felt like a touring car racer :lol: I guess I gotta work on the Tico soon so I can have some FWD fun as well :D

Also ikr? Almost hard to believe he's still got it, but after all it's his home turf, but indeed he's quite fast for a veteran.

When I worked on the Evo 3 there aren't many weight reduction options available. Now that I already got an Evo V, it's time to do a better job of it :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

r0tary
Associate

02 Nov 2019 21:11

Love the evo's, especially the Evo V, what a beast ! :D

The mirage/colt is looking good aswell, you should turn it to a track car !

Buzzsaw
Gangster

02 Nov 2019 23:23

r0tary wrote:

Mirage wasn't his car.

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

03 Nov 2019 04:54

r0tary wrote:

The Evo V is still far far away from finished but hey, thanks! :D
As for the Mirage..........
Buzzsaw wrote:
02 Nov 2019 23:23
Mirage wasn't his car.
Yup, Mirage isn't mine, I just got to drive it along with my Evo 3 :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

BigSmoke
Gangster

03 Nov 2019 19:49

Double Header

It's time to start the development of the Evo V! First thing on the menu will be some good dose of weight reduction!
And for the first time since..........probably summer, I broke my wallet again and had to live the low budget life again.
And oh, time attack action continues as usual, this time I have to attend two events in the same day!
Let's see how it all unfold in this update, shall we? :D

[28 Oct 2019]
After receiving my paycheck (which I've taken in the last update), I almost forgot to register for the next time attack event. The event is the final round of Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series and the fourth round of the Eastern Kanto Circuit Trial Series. There's an immediate prblem with these two events: Both events are held at the same day, wich is at November 2nd. Fortunately though, both are held at Tsukuba Circuit and both are hosted by the same organizer, which is TMAC. But to get better details since I want to attend both, I had to call TMAC to see how I can participate properly.

Turns out that these two events are held together intentionally, to increase number of participants. And coincidentally there are some racers who will atted both events as well. All I had to do is to pay for both events. As for the race structure itself, everybody will be running together as well and the lap time set for they day will be counted for both events, so I don't need to run three-four times along the day. Quite a satisfying solution isn't it? And oh, I paid V$205 for the Tsukuba Circuit Trial, and V$170 for the Eastern Kanto Trials, yielding a total of V$375 to be paid.

Oh yeah, by the way, these should be the only time attack events I attend for this month. There's another one in the end of the month actually, but that'll be at Sodegaura Forest Raceway for the fifth round of the Eastern Kanto Circuit Trial Series. I'll skip that to give time to develop the Evo V and S15. I'm technically already fullfill the requirement to be included in the final classifications of the latter championship anyways.

[30 Oct 2019]
The parts that I've ordered for the Evo V has arrived, yay! As I've stated in the previous upgrade, this order focuses on weight reduction, so there will be lots of carbon and FRP parts that'll be installed today. And oh, there's another thing to be installed as well, which is a set of Volk ZE40 gifted from my bossman @Benny. These will go for the Evo V as well.

The only problem at the moment is (a)I forgot to order one more thing for the Evo V and (b)There's no tyre in my garage to wrap the ZE40s in. So to solve this, I had to go to my local Up Garage with my Silver Queen to buy these things. We'll get to these later on. Speaking of which, it's been a while since the last time I visited this shop........
So the things I picked up for the Evo V are Craft Square mirrors, the same as the one on my S15, for V$456. This should act as yet another weight saving and aero device........next up there's Top Secret Bonnet Pins for, well, the bonnet for V$159 to tie and secure the new carbon bonnet. And then I don't really like the amber front fender lights on the Evo, so I bought a white ones for V$30. Finally, to wrap the ZE40s in, I bought a set of my favourite tyres that I run on the Silver Queen, Advan AD08R for $520.

Back to my crib with a very loaded Silver Queen, I giddily started the weight reduction ops on the Evo V as this song blares from my phone (NOTE: If you know what song is this, screaming "JIBUN WO!" is allowed). First off, removing the additional carpets from the floor and the trunk. The latter one reveals an extra space for spare tyres, which is handy for extra luggages as well. It's going to be a daily after all, which is the same reason why I didn't remove the back seats. And since this car has Momo Tuner steering wheel when I bought it, which I've used on some other cars I owned, I swapped the Momo Tuner with the Momo Model 69 steering wheels I installed in my Silver Queen, since I like it better. Then I installed the Craft Square mirrors, as well as the front fender lights.
Next up, the heavy artillery-ah sorry, I mean the heavy parts: The bonnet, wing blade, trunk and doors, as well as the wheels. The stock trunk was heavier than I expected, I almost lost control of my balance when I lifted it. Had if it slipped off my hands, it could either flatten my foot of belly and cause damages to both itself and myself :lol: Thankfully the replacement carbon trunk was much, much lighter. Assembling the wing stand and wing blade over it was actually quite easy as well. The doors are rather heavy as well but they're much easier to remove and carry around. The harder bit was reassembling the window glasses and door panel. No, I don't want lexan windows as it'll be overkill and I still want to enjoy that wind breeze sometimes. At least I didn't use Jeremy Clarkson's door removal technique, which you can see below :lol:
► Show Spoiler
As you can see, I haven't painted the doors and mirrors yet. That's because I saved painting (or wrapping?) for the last bit, where I'm going to repaint the car. The doors, mirrors and trunk will be repainted as well, while the wing blade will stay bare carbon. Now though, I'm split between keeping the bonnet bare as well or repainting it as well. Leaving it bare will add that 'track day, bro' visual vibe pretty well, but then it'll be more prone to tears and scuffs. Covering it with paint/wrap will make it less outstanding and much calmer and mature, but also would add another layer of protection to it. Tell me, what should I do over the bonnet?

In the meantime, later that day I listed eveything I uninstalled the car for sale. I listed the stock hood for V$400, the stock trunk for V$750, the fender lights for V$30, stock wing blade for V$120, all the carpeting for V$20 and the stock mirror for V$100. And oh, since I used an Evo VI trunk rather than the Evo V ones, I sold the extra tail lights from the Evo V trunk separately for V$60.

[01 Nov 2019]
Finally I received my first monthly shop salary! As you've read in my intro, I've worked at Side to Side auto parts store since the opening of the new forums, and that means another source of income for me indeed! Along October there were some customer coming to the shop, and boi we've been flooded with a lot of parts requests. This results in very, very healthy shop income and of course a huge amount of salary. From the October sales I received V$2235 as my salary.

Ah by the way, feel free to come to our shop, we have a wide array of wheels, tyres, fluids and many more from various famous brands such as BBS, Volk, Work, Advan, Toyo and many others. We can also help you to source various parts for your beloved cars, especially Nismo parts if you're a Nissan owner! We can also help you sell parts you want to sell, or even cars as well if you want to trim your garage! ;)

Right, enough advertisement for now :lol: with the fresh splash of cash I received, I started my next orders of the Evo V. This time I'll be focusing on chassis strengthening and handling improvement. And these things, I should tell you, successfully broke my wallet. Are you ready to see another long-ass shopping list?

First-off, the chassis strengthening part: Next up, handling upgrades: And finally, some other things: Speaking of the thermostat killer, Evo IV upwards has a thermostat which regulates the engine oil flow during usage. They will open the oil circulation more often when the oil temperature reaches 85 degree Celcius, or in simpler terms when you're doing a hard driving, e.g. circuit usage. The problem is, they'll restrict oil flow when the temperature is beyond that, causing oil tenperature to raise during normal daily usage. As you all know from my updates, I used my Silver Queen for both daily and racing usage, and so will the Evo V as well. The Thermostat Killer does what it exactly says: It disables the thermostat so the oil flow will be uninterrupted and flows wide open everytime you use the engine to ensure better engine cooling at daily and racing usage.

Later that day, as I sipping a cup of jasmine tea while listening to this song, Benny called me on the phone. Other than my (and everyone else's) first payday, what does he have in mind at the moment?

"Hey Edo, enjoying your first cash?" *chuckle*
*laughter* "Oh yeah bossman! More money is always good!"
"Enjoy your first salary, kid. Ah anyways SEMA is coming and I need you to be stateside"
"Oh, another US trip?"
"Kind of. It's not that long, I just need you and some of the gang for our stand there"
"Oh we're opening our stand at SEMA? Holy! That's quite a move!"
"We're also going to meet our sponsors and customers there"
"Oh wow, I don't even think I would going to be in this deep end of business......."
"You know the drill. Just be a decent and polite man as you do, and everybody will be happy"
"Well that's easy. Ah anyways when I should be there?"
"We'll start at 5th so I expect you and everyone else to be here by at least 4th"
"I think I could manage that, thanks bossman"
"See you stateside my boi"

I always see those over-the-top, state-of-the-art build of SEMA on the internet but going to see them firsthand isn't really what I have in mind, let alone bringing some of ours there! And for the third time of the year I'll be running on the land of the free as well.......I mean, being there once in my lifetime already made me happy for life, now I have to be there for the third time! :lol: This year's truly a huge year for me.

[02 Nov 2019]
IT'S YET ANOTHER RACEDAY! Both events are held after lunch so I still got time for brunch. After brunch, I packed my racing suit and helmet, as well as spare undies and dry t-shirts and went off to the track. The weather was nice: Open roads, blue skies, not being too hot and not too dusty either.....track conditions should be similar, a good day for setting lap times Ii should say :D

As I arrived at the track and received my race numbers and timer beacons, I installed the beacons and stick the number up. Then I went off to the locker room to change into my race suit and then went back again to meet the other drivers. There are around 40-42 drivers today, and some of them are doing double duty for both championships as I did. Every single of us were thankful for TMAC's wise decision of (a)we only have to run with a single format and (b)our laps will be counted for both events. As we wait for the time to pass on, we had lunch while watching other non-competing cars have a trackday.

With lunchtime over and driver's briefing coming up, we left the canteen to go to the conference room for the driver's briefing. In the driver's briefing, we agreed to run the 2x15 minutes one-lap shootout format that is usually ran by Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series, rather than Eastern Kanto Circuit Trial's 1x5 lap format. It is also agreed that those competing in the Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series will run first, with I and my Silver Queen running 8th overall. The rest of the driver's briefing discusses about flag rules and track limits as usual.

Ah yes, I haven't told you about the classes. Both events still uses different class segmentation. The Tsukuba Circuit Trial uses this classification:
  • B1: <=1600cc road-legal cars, e.g. EK9, EF, EG6, MX-5 NA and NB, Cappucino, Caterham Seven 160, Honda Beat, old Alto Works
  • B2: <=1600cc road-legal cars that can be FIA/JAF-certified for racing use, e.g. base MX-5 ND, base Swift, S660, N-ONE, March Nismo, current Alto Works
  • B3: 1600-2400cc FF road-legal cars that can be FIA/JAF-certified for racing use, e.g. top-range Swift, current Corolla
  • B4: 1600-2400cc FR road-legal cars that can be FIA/JAF-certified for racing use, e.g. 86, BRZ, top-range MX-5 ND
  • B5: 1600-3500cc 2WD road-legal cars, e.g. Civic Type-R EP3 upwards, Silvias, Skyline non-GTR, RX-7, RX-8, Z33, Mini JCW, 208 GTi, non-turbo 911, Cayman, non-supercharged Lotus
  • B6: Any road-legal cars that doesn't satisfy B1-B5, e.g. WRX STi, Lan Evo, Skyline GT-R, Ferraris, McLarens, Lambos, Golf R, turbo 911.....basically AWDs and supercars
  • PN1: <=1600cc FIA/JAF-certified racers, see B2
  • PN2: 1600cc-2000cc FIA/JAF-certified racers, see B3 and B4
  • AE: Fully electric cars with power output under 40 kWh, e.g. Leaf, e-Golf, i3 without range extender. No Teslas, sadly.
Turbo and supercharged cars capacity are multiplied by 1.7 and rotaries are multiplied by 1.5 to make them easier to be classified and segregated.
Anything not satisfying any of those (e.g. prototypes and open wheel racers) will be classified in Closed class and is not eliglible for championship points.
While the Eastern Kanto Circuit Trial uses a different and simpler classification:
  • NT1: <=1600cc Road cars, including MX-5s of all generation, but no VTEC/MIVEC/Similar sytsem allowed
  • NT2: <=2000cc 2WD and 4WD Road cars
  • NT3: >2000cc 2WD and 4WD Road cars, as well as rotary-engined cars
  • AT: Anything from above-well, pretty much anything with automatic transmission
If you can't figure it out, I'll be racing in the B6 and NT3 classes aside from the overall contention. In the Tsukuba Circuit Trials I'm sitting in 7th overall, tied with 6th place which leads the B5 class championship, and in 5th overall in the B6 class. For the Eastern Kanto Series, I'm sitting at 6th in class and 8th overall. Since this is the final round of Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series and I'm going to skip the next round of Easter Kanto series, I'm looking forward to improve my position in the standings. And oh, for the first time ever there's a competitor in the AE (a Nissan Leaf) and AT (an Evo VII GT-A) classes! :D

With the drivers briefing over, we went back to our cars to get ready for the first session. After a bit of waiting, it's my turn to set mine. I drove my Silver Queen to the pitlane and wait for the pit lights to go green. Track is dry, and temperature is pretty much lukewarm.
Lights went green and I'm off for my installation lap. There wasn't much grip to be found so far, either because there hasn't enough rubber on the track despite the track day activity......or because I forgot to grab new tyres for the Silver Queen. Yeah, that's what you got for neglecting your car's basic needs I guess. Nevertheless track is just a bit dusty and the car felt energetic.
As I approached the final sector, I regulate my breathing, took a deep breath and prepare myself for the hot lap.
START!
The first half of my hot lap went smooth, but also a bit slower than usual. Probably because of the lack of grip. Hopefully this can be solved later when track temperture gets lower.....or would it be? Nevertheless surfing around in the Silver Queen feels great as I want it to be.
The run on the backstraight went normal as well, but I guess I can really feel the tyres burning over the straight as well. Oof.
FINISH!
With the first hotlap session over, I relaxed myself a bit as I went back into the pits.
With everyone finished their first hotlap, we had some time to rest. I went off to the toilet to fullfill my call of nature, then went back to the paddock to exchange notes and discuss our lap times with other drivers. As I've said multiple times already, having nature calling for you mid-race is the worst thing that can happen during races. If you're pretty unlucky and got no choice, well you can relieve yourself mid-race......and yes that means wetting your pants :lol: But of course pro race drivers won't let this happen to them.

The paddock atmosphere was friendly, cheerful and relaxed. I know that the pro leagues of motorsport tend to have a bit cold and strict paddock life, and I know exactly why, but here I really love it. After all we're all enthusiasts united in a huge place :D Even some of us took our time to check the other driver's cars! I took my time to check the Leaf for a while, since I've seen electric race cars for some time in my laptop screens, but I've never seen one right before my eyes. And it's based on something you might not expect! (Well okay Nissan themselves has a Leaf-based racecar, but it serves as nothing more than a demo silhouette car rather than a full-fledged racer) The owner, as you'd expect, is a motorsport and alternative energy enthusiast, and he decided to make a racecar based on a Leaf after seeing some rallying around the world, including Japan where the national rally championship has its own alternative energy class as well. Now tell me......should I try to race a Prius here? :lol:

It's time for the second run of the day, and everybody has went back to their own cars. Once again I enter my Silver Queen and roll into the pit lane to get ready for my next run, and also the final run for the day. Oh, and also the final run of this year's Tsukuba Circuit Trial season. It's the decider, ladies and gentlemen!
Lights went green and I went off for my final installation lap. The track conditions has been improved, with more rubber on the tarmac and lower wind and tarmac temperature. An ideal and heavenly conditions for those who seek that optimum time.
As I reached the back straight again, I regulated my breathe again and took another deep breathe as I'm going to set my final hotlap for the day.
START!
The run went a bit faster, but overall still smooth. For the sake of my tyres I didn't push as hard as usual when I enter the first corner and the hairpin. I still need my tyres for at least two races.....and of course to go back home :lol: Nevertheless at least the tyres are degrading much slower than before. Quite a blessing for everyone I should say.
The run to the backstraight was even faster than I expected, and it's helped a lot by the cool afternoon wind. I'm expecting a much better time.
FINISH!
With the second hotlap session of the day and the fnal hotlap of Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series done, finally I'm returning to the pits for one more time. And hereby Ii've finished my first racing championship in my lifetime......I can't wait to see the final results!
Finally, everyone has finished their runs for the last time. I took the time left as we wait for the provisional results to be announced by going one more time to the toilet and then grab a bottle of mineral water to replenish myself before I uninstall the timer beacons and return them to the stewards. Whatever the results are, I'm glad and grateful to finally be able to enter and participate in a racing championship on my own for the first time in my life, and I'm almost able to complete the enitre calendar as well! I'll definitely come back for more next season......with a different whip ;)

And finally, the results for the day!
For the first session I scored 1 minute 00.236 seconds, much slower than I expected and for the first time in my competitive career, being outside the usual 59 seconds mark. That's a bit worrying to be honest, but thankfully I was back on form on teh second run, magically scoring 59.682 seconds. That's (barely) enough to secure 5th place in the B6 class and NT3 class, as well as 6th overall for Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series overall and 7th overall for the Eastern Kanto Series overall.

For the championship standings, the results are enough to seal 5th place in B6 class and winning the 6th place overall in the Circuit Trial Series, winning just one point from 7th place who won the B5 class championship. As for the Eastern Kanto series, I'm still in 6th in NT3 class and 8th overall. The bad news is, I'm now tied with both 7th and 9th placers, and there ae still two more round to go, with me skipping one of them.

Alongside memorabilias from TMAC and JASC, I also received quite a lot of monetary rewards. These will be paid at Monday next week, with the details as follows:
  • 5th place in B6 class, Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series Rd. 5 = V$500
  • 6th place overall, Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series Rd. 5 = V$600
  • 5th place in NT3 class, Eastern Kanto Circuit Trial Championship Rd. 4= V$500
  • 7th place overall, Eastern Kanto Circuit Trial Championship Rd. 4 = V$400
  • 5th place in B6 class, Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series final classification = V$2000
  • 6th place overall, Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series final classification = V$4000
That's a lot of cash splash innit? :lol: After attending the podium ceremony later on, finally I went back home and had a long rest before going back to the American soil next week. Along the trip back home, I blasted this song again inside the Silver Queen (Screaming "JIBUN WO!" again is allowed, even if you actually did at the beginning of this update). That song's lyrics does describe my feelings at the moment: There are some moments in our life which will change and shape ourselves later as we go. I should say this is one of them :)

With the update over, let's see how my wallet impacted, excluding the monetary prizes that I haven't receive yet (will be received at the next one):
► Show Spoiler

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Sieklo
Associate

03 Nov 2019 20:25

Damn! Love your story man :D
The more I read your thread more I want track car, but first i want to finish HR hehe
Keep up the great work! Can't wait for more updates form track events :D

NotPerfect
Gangster

03 Nov 2019 20:54

OwO damn you don't even wait for anything with the track days do you? And finally some evo v goodies looks like evo iii will have time attack sibling (not sure if you said what you're gonna do with evo or not, probably did but i'm just -5iq). This time it didn't go so good but hey 5th place isn't bad either i would probably not even finish the race lmao :P For the wallet oof V$200, how you're gonna pay bills xD?
► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

Niatross
Associate

03 Nov 2019 21:00

over in Tokyo we have @topy with an Evo 8 and a 10, while you have a 3 and a 5
Y'all should meetup at tsukuba soon, would make for some EPIC evo shenanigans (and quite some battling may i say)

BigSmoke
Gangster

04 Nov 2019 05:52

Sieklo wrote:
03 Nov 2019 20:25
Damn! Love your story man :D
The more I read your thread more I want track car, but first i want to finish HR hehe
Keep up the great work! Can't wait for more updates form track events :D
Thank you very much :D
There are two more time attack events this year so don't worry :lol:
Can't wait to see your HR34 rolling on the road as well! ;)
NotPerfect wrote:
03 Nov 2019 20:54
OwO damn you don't even wait for anything with the track days do you? And finally some evo v goodies looks like evo iii will have time attack sibling (not sure if you said what you're gonna do with evo or not, probably did but i'm just -5iq). This time it didn't go so good but hey 5th place isn't bad either i would probably not even finish the race lmao :P For the wallet oof V$200, how you're gonna pay bills xD?
I'm gonna do the good ol' classic trick of living off instant ramen and onigiri :lol:
The time attack events I attended this year are quite intense and basically raining cats and dogs of them, I didn't realize I almost did the same amount of routine as F1 drivers back then :lol:
And oh the Evo V will replace the III so yes, it's gonna be both TA and daily car
Niatross wrote:
03 Nov 2019 21:00
over in Tokyo we have @topy with an Evo 8 and a 10, while you have a 3 and a 5
Y'all should meetup at tsukuba soon, would make for some EPIC evo shenanigans (and quite some battling may i say)
Yeaaaa let the generation games part 2 commence! :D And do it fast since the Silver Queen will be gone after the Evo V has finished

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Benny
Associate

05 Nov 2019 14:40

Nice bro, keep it up man....
Also stop by the garage in december, we can do some work on your V when we relax from my project :D
Cars in RP:
Lamborghini Aventador
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
Toyota Supra A80 (EU Spec)
Nissan 180SX

Click here to go to my RP!
Make sure you visit our store as well, press on banner below!

Buzzsaw
Gangster

05 Nov 2019 16:41

I'm betting Evo 5 would improved your lap best time compared Evo III due weight and more support aftermarket. Ouch, your wallet need loves. :lol:

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

06 Nov 2019 03:01

Benny wrote:
05 Nov 2019 14:40
Nice bro, keep it up man....
Also stop by the garage in december, we can do some work on your V when we relax from my project :D
Thanks bossman!
Hmmmmm I'd consider that offer, that's quite nice of you :D
Buzzsaw wrote:
05 Nov 2019 16:41
I'm betting Evo 5 would improved your lap best time compared Evo III due weight and more support aftermarket. Ouch, your wallet need loves. :lol:
Hopefully the V can shave 1-2 seconds from the III! And I guess it's not only my wallet that needs some love......my bowels and intestines might need some as well due to instant ramen overload :lol:

With this reply we've achieved yet another huge milestone............I'm announcing what it is very soon ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

topy
Associate

06 Nov 2019 19:23

BigSmoke wrote:
04 Nov 2019 05:52

Yeaaaa let the generation games part 2 commence! :D And do it fast since the Silver Queen will be gone after the Evo V has finished
Imma show y'all why the last gen shouldn't be understimated

BigSmoke
Gangster

06 Nov 2019 19:32

We are Reaching
500 POSTS MILESTONE!!!
(Well Technically 425+75)

This milestone's theme song:
► Show Spoiler

自分を 世界さえも 変えて しまえそう な | There are moments that can change me and the world itself
瞬間は いつも 直ぐ傍 に | Even if the world itself is always running beside me

These things above are the very first bars (and also the chorus bar) of this milestone's theme song. I modified half of the bars a bit at the end of the latest update, which becomes 'There are some moments in our life which will change and shape ourselves later as we go'. I have to say, creating this (well, the original) roleplay thread one year and around half a month ago is one of them. Along my adventures and life both inside the roleplay and in real life, there are a lot of things that has changed me, both my roleplay self and real life self.

"Wait up Smoke, there are only 70-ish posts here, how can you claim there are 500 of them?" Well, if you're brand new here, I'm sure at this point you'll know that this forum is brand new as well, and there's an old version of it, which is thankfully being archived by The Godfathers so we can access them anytime. The archived forums contains not only the downloads that hasn't been migrated here (it's a long and tiring process y'know, just like......our real life itself. Rome wasn't built in a night, let alone migrating and restructuring downloads), but also the archived remains of most of our roleplays back then.

Back then there are a lot who literally stopped after just one post for various reasons, but there are also those who successfully kept on going to several hundred posts. Even we have someone who broke the 1000 posts mark......we'll get to that later. After we all migrated here, most of the active roleplayers chose to continue our stories and adventures, while some decided to start from scratch, which I don't mind and I actually approve since that's a sign of improvement and willingness to try :D I'm also waiting for those who had their own roleplay threads and haven't continued theirs at the moment to keep on going and join the roleplay family once more :D

As for myself, my thread at the old forum stopped at the #425 post mark, which you can view right over here if you want a solid proof of it. Or if you're new and you want to follow my journey from the very start, head over here to experience my life and journey as the time goes. As you might find over here, my posts are extremely long, and um, so does the one over there, so take your time :lol:

Interlude theme:
► Show Spoiler

As I've said back then, when I started this roleplay, I don't have any single vision or thoughts on how long I could keep my roleplay thread running.....was it just a week? A month? Two months perhaps? Half a year? A year of two? But now the answer is clear: As long as I have time, ideas, ability to think clear and imaginative, and patience, as well as those who love and care for you, both here and real life, I can always keep going like a rock or metal band personnels (or even electronic music like Kraftwerk or Daft Punk, which are my favourites), who still kept on rocking energetically even on their elderly years. I'd like to keep myself rocking on through the years as well! :D

With this roleplay thread, I have a lot of fuel and resources to inspire my own self, and to keep on training myself on writing and creating ideas for my stories. And not only that, as I've stated in the 1 year milestone update, I acquired the new hobby of searching used cars websites, as well as various car parts websites and race track websites. Often my days are passed with me sitting on my laptop, checking prices for cars or components.....or simply checking prices of obscure/less-known JDM, EUDM and USDM cars, whether there's a mod for it or not :lol: I tell you what, Japan and UK are used car heavens :D

Fun fact: Finally I can utilize my Japanese skills again thanks to this roleplay! I used to learn Japanese properly back in my real life high school days, but ever since I failed my proficiency skills test, I haven't utilize my skills quite often. To add salt in the wound, I failed at the basic level, which roughly equals to a native Japanese elementary and middle high schoolers. To be fair, I can read hiragana and katakana, as well as understanding their grammar, but it's kanji writings that hurdled along my way. The fact that (a)Kanji hieroglyphs requires a lot of writing strokes, order and direction to memorize (you may not mess them up, or else it could change the meaning) and (b)They could have more than one meaning doesn't help at all. A good example of this are 火 ('ka'), which can either refer to 'fire' or 'Tuesday, or 月, which can be read as 'tsuki' (moon) or 'getsu' (Monday), and of course the good ol' 何, which can be read as 'nani' or 'nan', both of which means 'what'. A reversal of this for example are mountain ('yama'), which can be written as either 山 or 岾, or 'ikari', which can be written as 慍 ('anger') or 碇 ('anchor). Nowadays I learn Japanese indirectly from music, anime (what else do you expect?) and various streams, namely D1GP, Super GT, Super Formula and Super Taikyu streams (although D1GP, Super GT and Super Formula now has English streams as well. Here's hoping for Super Taikyu to get one as well next year!).

Thanks to these things, now I also had the idea of how hard it is to buy and maintain cars in real life, as well as having more knowledge of car culture, motorsport activities and automobile economy activities. In return, I can also incorporate any of them to compose my roleplay updates, an effort you've definitely have seen so many times here and also in the old forums, e.g. basically every single time attack event updates ever, and also the Ebisu Summer Matsuri Update, as well as the recent Hagibis Typhoon update.

Roleplaying also gets me to connect with more and more people, earning new friends in the process. As I've said before, the world is a huge place, but sometimes, distance is just an illusion when we have a strong sense of friendship and brotherhood, even if it's just a virtual one. This way I can also appreciate any kinds of cars, as well any kinds of builds and car culture's subcultures. Back then I don't really like low and slow-focused cars like stanced cars or VIP cars (despite the forum's name), and not so well-versed in both drift and drag racing. Thanks to my friends I gathered along the way, I come to appreciate them and even tried to emulate those kind of builds.......of which the result can be seen in the form of Kaede the vert. In return I also tried to introduce the world of grip racing as you'll usually find here, usually in form of time attack racing, rallycross, touring car racing and sportscar racing (the one I like the most), both sprint and endurance. Coincidentally almost all of us usually found our common grounds in trackday and rallying. We all love them oh so much! :D

I hereby would like to thank you once more for all of you who has followed my journey so far, whether you've followed me all this time or if you've recently joined my bizzare life, or also if you've just came back from a hiatus. People come and go as I kept on running and telling my stories, and there are a lot of people who I once seen often that is now inactive, mostly since reality ensues and they have to kept on living in real life. But it's okay, since after all I still have one as well. I appreciate and salute those who come, stay and went away as I'm keep going, since after all these things happen in real life as well, to the point we might not remember who used to be our neighbour or who was our high school or college friends. Anyways there are a lot of people I'd like to thank, some of them aren't active anymore, and it'll be a hell lot of time to list them.

As for my message for those who have just started.....I'll just repeat my previous one and adding it a bit: If you've just started your roleplay or still continuing yours, I say don't give up, keep on developing yourself, explore new things, make connections, and most of all, be creative. And don't stop just because people rarely seen your thread. There are some times in my updates where I didn't get a lot of responds, or just downright none at all. But that doesn't made me stop. As I figure what did I do wrong, I try new things and topics to keep people interested while trying to give them some new insights as well. I mean, I know not all people likes trackdays or going fast, so I balanced things out with working on my cars, or going sideways, or viewing other's rides.

Well you don't have to go all-out and create long narratives like I did, but hey, there are reasons why novel stories like Sherlock Holmes series, Harry Potter series, Tom Clancy series or even Twillight series are some of the most sought-after literatures in the world, y'know. Also some famous people and groups definitely have their hard times: It took Colonel Sanders almost the entire of his elderly days to formulate that famous KFC secret marinade recipe while trying to keep on living by selling those fried chickens door-to-door. Rovio (those who make Angry Birds video game series) and Square Enix (those who make Final Fantasy video game series) won't exist today if they stop cranking new ideas as they're almost going bankrupt. Fun fact: The Final Fantasy series are named like that since......it was literally Square Enix (Squaresoft back then)'s last idea at that time, a do-or-die RPG game project. Had been the project didn't yield much profit, they were about to be disbanded. But you know what happened next? The game sold like hot cakes, and to this day there are no less than 15 main games from the series, as well as various spinoffs (including one racing game!) and several movie adaptations. Well what am I saying is keep on improving and create new ideas, be creative, and find a way to attract people :D

As per the RP rules, there are one more milestone that I can achieve, which is the 1000 posts milestone. So far there are only one person that has achieved it, which is @Soju who sealed it some time before we are moving to the new forums. The next closest person to the 1000 post mark is @marcus915, which as of now has 959 posts combined. If you're interested over the old forum's roleplay statistics, I've assorted it for you right over here.

Normal service will resume soon, but for now that's all that I can say. Here's to the next 500+ posts, keep following that damn train (and you don't have to use a 2-stroke dirtbike this time), enjoy this chill closing track and see y'all soon :D And oh, I'm also adding some tracks right at page 1 as the thread's theme song, check it out if it suits me and you well ;)

Update closing theme:
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by BigSmoke on 06 Nov 2019 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

BigSmoke
Gangster

06 Nov 2019 19:33

topy wrote:

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

topy
Associate

06 Nov 2019 19:38

BigSmoke wrote:
06 Nov 2019 19:33
topy wrote:

Imma Za Warudo the whole event mark my words

NotPerfect
Gangster

06 Nov 2019 21:19

Ayyyy big smoke <3 congrats on 500 posts damn that's a lot. Ah i don't even know what to say keep it going we need more updates !!!!
► Show Spoiler

r o l e p l a y

Nightkid
Gangster

06 Nov 2019 22:55

500 posts already aye ? Congratulations m8 , i can´t wait to see moar stuff in the future :) :shock:

BigSmoke
Gangster

07 Nov 2019 04:25

NotPerfect wrote:
06 Nov 2019 21:19
Ayyyy big smoke <3 congrats on 500 posts damn that's a lot. Ah i don't even know what to say keep it going we need more updates !!!!
Nightkid wrote:
06 Nov 2019 22:55
500 posts already aye ? Congratulations m8 , i can´t wait to see moar stuff in the future :) :shock:
Thanks everyone! :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Lagano
Associate

07 Nov 2019 07:42

And we have one more with 500 posts :D Keep it up my man, and i hope for many more fun times with you and the boys!

BigSmoke
Gangster

07 Nov 2019 10:58

Lagano wrote:
07 Nov 2019 07:42
And we have one more with 500 posts :D Keep it up my man, and i hope for many more fun times with you and the boys!
Thanks bossman! Looking forward for more adventures in the future with everyone! :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Niatross
Associate

08 Nov 2019 21:09

WEW lad 500 posts already, Congrats my man!
Keep the Tsukuba domination coming. Lets get to that 1K!! :D

BigSmoke
Gangster

09 Nov 2019 09:19

Niatross wrote:
08 Nov 2019 21:09
WEW lad 500 posts already, Congrats my man!
Keep the Tsukuba domination coming. Lets get to that 1K!! :D
Thanks my man, it's time to break more lap records, more money ( :lol: ), but no windows and absolutely no hearts as we start our journey to 1K! ;)
Yo holy s**t suddenly I have a sticker idea.......

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

alex876
Associate

11 Nov 2019 14:03

Evo is performing well,good job
The good stuff

BigSmoke
Gangster

11 Nov 2019 23:31

alex876 wrote: