V$ BigSmoke's Bizzare Builds and Life

Soju
Gangster

That is a smooth livery for S15! and all of the buddies there as well, I miss those times!
BigSmoke
Hitman

Soju wrote:
03 Apr 2020 13:28
That is a smooth livery for S15! and all of the buddies there as well, I miss those times!
I'm glad you like it as well! :D Yeah I miss hanging out with everyone as well, I hope all of this self-quarantine is gone by the end of Spring
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
Nightkid
Gangster

Aye , it was my pleasure to meet you for the first time EVER ! :)
RocketBunnyS13
Gangster

Keep on fighting track master!! Hoping I get my E46 and GRB done soon even amidst the quarantine so we can commit epic TRACKDAY BOOL
s t a y c l a s s y
BigSmoke
Hitman

Nightkid wrote:
03 Apr 2020 14:10
Aye , it was my pleasure to meet you for the first time EVER ! :)
Hey thanks, nice to meet you for the first time as well :)
RocketBunnyS13 wrote:
03 Apr 2020 16:17
Keep on fighting track master!! Hoping I get my E46 and GRB done soon even amidst the quarantine so we can commit epic TRACKDAY BOOL
Banzai!! :lol: Get them finished quickly as I finish my own Evo V so indeed we can commit epyncias trackarinatus boolium sessions soon ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
Niatross
Gangster

The S15 looks like the absolute BUSINESS! Still so glad to see it finally living in its own power
And Mobara looks like a very fun track too, gotta visit it myself soon!
As for the new Evo, 600 is PLENTY of power to play with man
That things gonna be a rocketship! :D
BigSmoke
Hitman

Niatross wrote:
09 Apr 2020 20:14
The S15 looks like the absolute BUSINESS! Still so glad to see it finally living in its own power
And Mobara looks like a very fun track too, gotta visit it myself soon!
As for the new Evo, 600 is PLENTY of power to play with man
That things gonna be a rocketship! :D
I'm glad you approve my S15 as usual, can't build it and run it without your (and Marc's and AJ's as well) help after all! ;) Yeah we really should try running at Mobara together one time, I love it already, I'm sure you will as well. And you know what's better than having a 600 BHP Evo? It's having a multi-power mode 600 BHP Evo, so unlike my Silver Queen which roars all the time in all conditions, this one can be a timid car for daily purposes and can be a spirited racer at the same time when needed. That makes the Evo V slightly much more livable in daily conditions ;)
BigSmoke
Hitman

Been a while since the last updatel,with life (and Arknights. Insert "KOKO DA YO!" here) got in the way.
But finally, KOKO DA YO-I mean, here I am with some more actions ready to be delivered as usual!
This time, we delve into the first round of the Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series, this time with the Sivler Queen!
Also, I've got myself into a drift tutorial, as well as several fast, powerful rides across Tokyo Expressways!
What are you waiting for? It's time to get over here and let's delve further into the update! :D

[22 Mar 2020]
Just two days after the Mobara Masters, it's time to run in Tsukuba once more in the Silver Queen. This time, it's the opening round of the Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series, the first racing championship I've attended last year as well as the first racing championship I've entered in my life, also with Silver Queen. With the Hyper Meeting cancelled some time ago and the Mobara Masters done with a different car, safe to say, it's time to celebrate my first anniversary of racing career, and what better way to celebrate it by.......racing, of course. Also, I had to use the Silver Queen this time, since the Evo V isn't completed yet. And speaking of the Evo V, once it's completed, it'll directly replace Silver Queen in daily and racing duties.

And so, as usual, after a proper shower and breakfast, and preparing all the racing equipments and spare undies, I rolled to Tsukuba Circuit in early morning. The streets are noticeably much more quieter than usual, and not just because it's early morning. The Covid outbreak has slowly taking effects here as well, although people are still considerably going everywhere these days. As I've refuelled Silver Queen midway and then finally arrived at the track as the sun rises high in the sky, I received my timer beacons and race numbers as usual.

Atfer installing the beacons in my car and sticking the race numbers, I went off to change into my race suits and have my first call of nature. I'm not sure how many times I've said this, but always remember: Having nature calling for you and your bladder or your intestines mid-race isn't a fun experience.

Afterwards, I spent the time as usual by having some chatter with fellow drivers and spectators. Apparently, the government has planned to do a country-wide lockdown due to, y'know, Covid, but they aren't going to do it instantly. Instead, they'll start with major and capital cities like Tokyo, since most of the known Covid cases are recorded there. For me, a Tsukuba resident, this is obviously a bad news. Since Tsukuba is close enough to Tokyo, that means I can't go anywhere as easily as before, unless I went further. Also, this should have an effect to racing activities around Japan, as I've experienced before by the cancellation of this year's Hyper Meeting.

As we continued our discussion over the lockdown, it is time to attend the driver's briefing. As usual we're given the track rules and driving manner guide. I forgot to mention that just like last year, the first round of the championship is hosted by Victory Circle Club (VICIC). Along with the Circuit Trial Series, they also hosted several of Tsukuba's very own championships, which for this round are the Tsukuba-Fuji Super FJ championship, WAKO'S Super Karts Cup, Junior Karts Cup and Tsukuba Touring Car Championhsip. There's also a supporting event in the form of Audi A1 Fun Cup.

Oh yah, the format of the day is 2x15 minute of free runs, instead of lap-based shootout as you would usually read. Due to the amount of events being held simultaneously today, we will be running after other races has done their qualifying for the first session, and right after lunch for the second one. Also, if you've followed my journey since last year you might already know the race classes being held in Tsukuba Circuit Racing Series, but if you didn't, or if you need to have your memory refreshed, let me explain once more, sicne there has been some tweaks in the rules (and my translation skill has become much better ever since).

At the very basic, Tsukuba Circuit Racing Series only allows street-legal cars and lightly modified touring cars based on them, which conforms to the same rule for the Touring Car Championship. The cars are also only allowed to drive on street legal tyres, which means semi-slicks is allowed as long as they're street legal, but as in the true spirit of time attack racing, no full slicks. And then the classes are categorized based on the car's engine displacement:
  • B1 = <=1600cc 2011 or older cars that isn't sold in new car dealers at the moment. If it still is, it enters B2 class
  • B2 = <=1600cc cars that is on sale and/or FIA/JAF-certified at 2012 or later
  • B3 = FWD 1601cc-2400cc cars that is on sale and/or FIA/JAF-certified at 2012 or later
  • B4 = RWD 1601cc-2000cc cars that is on sale and/or FIA/JAF-certified at 2012 or later
  • B5 = <=3600cc FWD and RWD cars that isn't satisfying B1 to B4
  • B6 = AWD cars and everything else that isn't satisfying B1 to B5
  • PN1 = Touring car racing versions of B2 cars
  • PN2 = Touring car racing versions of B3 and B4 cars
  • AE = <=40KwH electric-powered cars
Note: Turbocharged and supercharged cars's engine capacity are multiplied by 1.7x

Several examples of eliglible cars in each classes (but they're not limited to those):
  • B1 = AE92 and older, Civic EK9 and older, 1st gen Swift, Miata NA and NB, Honda Beat, Suzuki Cappucino, Caterham Seven 160
  • B2 = Post-facelift 2nd gen Swift, base Miata NC and ND, Honda S-660, Honda N-One
  • B3 = Suzuki Swift Sports, Mazda Axela
  • B4 = Toyota 86, Subaru BR-Z, top-spec Miata NC and ND
  • B5 = All Nissan Z cars, all Silvias, non-turbo BMWs and Porsches, all Honda Type-R cars since DC2 and EP3, Mazda RX-7 and RX-8, non-supercharged Lotus, any Golf that isn't Golf R or e-Golf
  • B6 = Evos, Imprezas, Skyline GT-Rs, all Lexus cars, turbo BMWs and Porsches, supercharged Lotus, all supercars, Golf R
  • PN1 = See B2
  • PN2 = See B3 and B4
  • AE = Nissan Leaf, Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Toyota Mirai, non-hybrid Prius, non-REx BMW i3, e-Golf
If your head can't absorb all of the information above, I and the Silver Queen will enter the B6 class, since it's an Evo and it has 2.2L stroked engine. There are around 24 cars today, slightly below the usual 30+ cars that I've usually seen last year due to reasons aformentioned above. Nobody fielded a car in the B3, PN1, PN2 and AE classes, so all that's left is 7 B6 cars including mine, 5 B5 cars, 4 B4 cars, 3 B2 cars and 5 B1 cars. As expected, the B6 class was chock full of Imprezas and Evos, save for one Legacy that stands out between all of us. B5 is filled with 3 S-chassis and 2 RX-8s, B4 as usual is filled with the 86-BRZ twins, B2 is brimmed with Miata NDs and B1 class remains the most colorful with an AE86, 2 EG6s, a Cappucino, and a Miata NA.

With the driver's briefing over, it's time to, well, chill out first as we wait for our turn to race. First off, we watch the Junior Karts, Super Karts, touring cars and Super FJ cars do their qualifying first. I should admit, I'd like to race in any of them as well, but I won't fit in any open wheel cars, whereas I would need another car to participate in the touring car race, and the entry fee itself is double of that of the Circuit Trials. And then there's the fact that touring car racing is a full-contact racing, which means that your car is guaranteed to be smashed and bashed all the time, if not outright wrecked from a big crash. I don't have all the money to fix the car all the time, y'know.

And finally, with all qualifying sessions over, it's our time to rock and roll in our own way. I was selected to be the 5th car to came out from the pits, so I immediately get into the Silver Queen, fire it up, and slowly line it on the pitlane as we wait for our turns to run. Ad thanks to the current lockdown situation and the fact that we ran later than usual, all of us got the most ideal condition from the get-go: Cool spring air with lukewarm surface temperature, and a lot of rubbers laying on the track providing better grip. This way we can push our cars already without worrying about frying the tyres or the engine.

Eventually, it's my turn to get off the pits and into the track. Pit lights went green and I'm off for my first session of the day. Hopefully it'll be an optimal and fast one as usual, given the ideal conditions. And most importantly, hopefully the Silver Queen survives, obviously. It's a lovely day to run around, so I don't want the day to end with both the SIlver Queen out of action due to a crash and I'm injured because of it.

And thanks to less entries as well, the traffic is slightly much more manageable. Nno need to worry about getting stuck behind slower cars quite often. Though I should admit, it's rather amusing to see myself blasting past that one Cappucino racer multiple times. As everyone here woudl agree, I secretly want a Cappucino myself just for the fun and giggles. Will I be actually fit in one however, is another question.

As the session goes and I've set several consistent lap times, I wonder if my time is already good enough and I should return to the pits already. But on second thoughts, it'll be quite a waste of this ideal condition, and I guess I and the Silver Queen still can do better, even if it's just slightly. So Ii decided to continue for a bit more before going back to the pitlane.

My decision to keep going turns out to be correct, as the session ended right after I crossed the line. It's quite a good start, and definitely a great leverage for my standings should the second session started in worse conditions. Unlike usually however, I didn't expect the car to reach podium or anything, since I know the car is quite tired these days. All I want to reach is a sub 1 minute lap time as usual and that's it. I returned to the pit lane, enter the paddock and waited for other cars to come back as well.

With all cars coming back, it's time to see the other race cars starting their first race of the day. First off, the Audi A1s. I don't really like the regular A1s I should admit, but I like the S1 ones, and I'm definitely a huge fan of EKS S1 builds (both rally and rallycross). Turns out, however, that the regular A1 are just as potent as the S1 here, with unexpectedly tight and clean racing all they way around. And then the Junior Karts, Super Karts and Super FJ races are running like as you'd expect: Lightning fast, small open wheel cars duking it out cleanly, although there was an incident in the Junior Karts where an accident caused someone to roll over. Thankfully, it was at turn 3, so the crash happened at relatively low speed, and the racer is deemed fit to race in the second race. And finally, the touring car race went quite tight and rowdy, with several cars going off-track at turn 1, 3 and 6 at the first 3 laps.

At lunchbreak, I overheard some more discussions about preventive actions on the championship and Tsukuba's racing activities should the lockdown come into effect, at least in Tokyo. Many of us considering postponing the upcoming rounds and holding them again at or after summer, while several of us considering outright cancelling several rounds. There are several races that will be held at the lockdown-affected dates, such as the 2nd and 3rd round of the Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series, as well as the 2nd round of the Eastern Kanto Circuit Trial Championship. If they do get postponed or cancelled, that means more time to prepare the Evo V and more time preparing all my other cars, but also less chance to secure my positions in the standings in both championships. At least however, it is assured that attendance bonus on both championships won't be voided in case of round cancellations.

After lunch, I decided to have another call of nature, then immediately went back to the Silver Queen for the second session. Just like the first session, I was called to run earlier, so I immediately wheeled my car to the pitlane once more. And oh, it should be noted that this run will probably be the final competitive run of the Silver Queen in my hands. Air temperature has risen up slightly, and even more rubber is on the track, with a slight mix of dust from earlier races. There are still chances to score fast times, but whether it'll be as fast as the first session remains to be seen.

Pit lights went green and I'm off for my second session of the day, with Silver Queen still as eager and revvy as before. As I went around the track, I spotted some of the remnants of the earlier accidents, in form of tyre marks and gravel trap deformations. It only took some minutes to fullfill the track once more with cars, as I've already overlapped the Cappucino and the two EGs within minutes.

Halfway into the session, I noticed the clouds forming up again, giving a slight hope of track temperature decrease, though I don't want rain at this moment. However, there's also a slight increase in wind speed, which might offset my laptimes later on. Overall however, I enjoyed this session as much as I did on the first one. The traffic however starts to throw more challenges, as I encountered all the B1 to B4 cars multiple times while overtaking them, making hot lap progress hindered multiple times.

Near the end of the session, I decided to give it all once more for the SIlver Queen. Obviously it can't go out without a bang, don't you think? Well, not engine explosion or a crash, obviously. The Silver Queen has sealed itself in the modern legend of Tsukuba time attack scene, and it's time to add a superglue on that seal. May the Evo has a more prosperous career later on, and I'm thankful for the Silver Queen for bringing me to where I am now.

And finally, the second session is done and dusted. As I slow down and went back to the pitlane, I took myself a deep breathe and reminisced over the early days I own this car, back from when it's still riding on steelies and having not a lot of power to begin. Back then I just want a trackable daily car. How did I ended up as a pro racer is quite a peculiar turn indeed, but then again I'm not sorry for going pro and I enjoy it sooooo much.

I spent the rest of the day watching the second races of the rest of the events, except the A1 Cup since there's only one of it. Thankfully, along the races there were no rain, so everyone was able to fight to their fullest. That racer who was rolled over in Junior Karts race 1 was able to make an impressive comeback and almost reaching podium. Both the Super Karts and Super FJ race turned into a slipstream train battle as everyone was going in a single line and rarely going side by side. The touring car race, meanwhile, was filled with a lot of door-to-door battles as expected, with a lot of body dents and tyre marks as a result. Nevertheless, all of the races are quite entertaining.

After some time waiting for the final results of all events to be inspected and announced, they're finally here! Okay so let's get straight into my results. At the first session, I scored 59.576 seconds as my best lap time. At the second one, I scored 59.884 as my best lap. With this, the first best lap time is the one being used for my final standings, which placed me on 5th in B6 class, and also 5th overall. With this, I also net myself 5 points on both class and overall standings. Along with the points awarded to me, I also receive V$500 for placing 5th in class, another V$800 for placing 5th overall, as well as several memorabilias from VICIC.

It's been a great weekend on the track, and this could be possibly the last race weekend I'll have to attend, as well as almost definitely the final race weekend for the Silver Queen. Nevertheless, it's time to have a well-deserved break amid the chaos.

[24 Mar 2020]
With all the motorsports activities being stopped right now and people enjoying cherry blossom (or sakura as you know it) trees blooming despite the Covid outbreak, it's time to get into the final phase of the Evo V build, which are getting a new intake manifold and a turbo kit for it. So without further ado, let's get into the details of what I've got. I decided to fit similar setup from the Silver Queen to the Evo V, which is Hypertune intake manifold and HKS turbo kit.

First off, the Hypertune intake manifold. I fitted the same size with the Silver Queen, which is 77mm. But this time, I've added their throttle body to their option list for that power increase and for better air flow to the engine, bumping the total price to V$2253. If you're wondering, I used stock throttle body on the Silver Queen since it's enough for its power level.

Next up is the turbo. On the Silver Queen I used HKS GTII-8262 turbo since I was on a budget and I don't need much power back then. This time, I stretched my selection by opting to fit a HKS GTIII-4R turbo instead which costed me V$2906. It will be combined with the HKS Type-S Intercooler for V$801. I also purchased some upgrades for the turbo itself, namely HKS Wastegate Springs for V$51 and JUN Turbo Actuator for V$336.

You think the shopping spree stops there? Well, it should have been, but turns out there's one more thing unexpectedly waiting to be purchased. You see, after purchasing all of these stuff, I decided to stroll through used car auction websites to have a look if I can find a unique or peculiar cars for sale. After a year of being here, this has become one of my newest hobbies I should admit :lol: Some time later, I discovered this GMC K1500 for sale. It was offered for V$1000 for some reason: The brake wires and several of the brake systems (except handbrake) are gone into ashes. Other than that, the car appears to be reasonably healthy, and the owner has assured that the transmission is okay, though probably not the engine itself.

Since that K1500 uses the same platform with my Silverado, and it's an AWD model, that gave me an idea: What if I lifted the entire transmission, diff and transfer case and install it into my Silverado? And since my Silverado is on the hands of Megure-san, I can also have him install the new transmissio systems etc. into the Silverado. But then, what's next to the K1500? Do I just throw it away or have it as another project car of some sorts? With this in mind, I texted @Benny to see if he has better ideas.

"Yo Benny, you there?"
"Yea, sup?"
"So I found this, and I have an idea" *shows ad pic* what if we move the transmission, transfer case etc. to the Silverado?"
"Hey not bad actually. Yeah that's great"
"But what should we do to it afterwards?"
"I'm not sure actually. Though I'm thinking over having it as a drifter of some sorts........."
"Hot damn Benny, your mad mind always gave me wonders. Anyways tell Megure-san tomorrow about this"
"Okay good, buy the truck for us will ya?"
"That's the plan"

With the seal of approval secured, I went on to secure the K1500 with only some hours to spare. A phone call with the owner later, we agreed to meet up at his place the very next day. And because I don't think the Sprinter can tow the K1500 due to its weight, I decided to use a towing service to tow the truck instead, and go to the deal location with the Silver Queen.

[25 Mar 2020]
It's time to go for the truck's deal. Woke up early in the cool morning, have a proper shower and brekkie, and call the towing service to go ahead to the location, which is somewhere around the Kanagawa prefecture. And then it's time for myself to go there with the Silver Queen, whih despite all it's been through, still looks fresh and energetic for the long drive.

Going across Tokyo for the deal also means it's time for another highway run with the Silver Queen! Well, it's also probably the final highway run I'll do with it, so I tried to drive it to the fullest as usual. Along the way, I blasted my usual favourite on my speakers. I still remember some of my first highway runs with my car, where because of lack of power, I always fall behind my comrades who has cars with at least 600 BHP. But that doesn't really let me down, because driving with them alone already made me happy, and taking the spectator's seat and watching them blaze the highways in front of my eyes were already an experience for me.

Fast forward today and not only I'm going to build a more potent daily-track car with that exact figure, I'm also planning to build a dedicated highway runner, using the R32 GTS-t Benny gave to me at the end of last year. Well, I could also use the Evo V a la Eiji Kamiya, and it'll sure be at home at both C1 loop and Hanshin loop at Osaka, but the R32 will be subjected to places like the Wangan line, and probably Yokohane line as well if I can control it properly. "Hang on Smoke, why don't have a GT-R instead?" Well because Benny gave me a GTS-t, simple as that. And um, I can't afford a GT-R yet. Also, I hadn't yet to tackle the art of AWD systems swapping, which I assume is difficult to do (which is why I have Megure-san to do it for the SIlverado). And um, I like myself the challenge of taming an RWD R32 in the highways, even though I assume this will result in a whole lot of spot welding.

Finally, after some hours of spirited driving, I arrived at the deal location. There I saw the K1500 towering before me, reflecting the usual American truck traits of being huge and mighty. Completed with these offroad wheels, the truck exudes that utility and powerful vibes to me. But then again, the brakes are technically gone, so I can't drive it right away. I was able to convince the owner by telling him about my Silverado and show the pics of it, and even we had several cups of coffee whilst talking about it as we wait for the tow truck to arrive. I suspect I actually overtook it while on the highway...............

With the deal sealed and the tow truck towing the K1500 to my crib later on, I went back home via the highways once more, blasting this on the speakers. But midway through the trip, I decided that I don't want to immediately go home, and instead of heading to Tsukuba, I decided to head to Tokyo Metro first to spend some more time with the Silver Queen in the calm, cool evening. Driving around the expressway as the sun slowly sets behind me is quite a mesmerizing and enlightening experience. Well, a bit of a shame I only got to live this moment near the end of my ownership of the Silver Queen.

Before I went back home, I decided to chill and have some snacks and coffee at Shibaura PA, near the entrance of the C1 loop. Just like the Daikoku PA and Tatsumi PA (which is actually rather close to Shibaura PA), Shibaura PA is one of the favourite parking spots to have an impromptu car meet. And frankly speaking, these PAs are offering quite unique hanging out experience.Daikoku PA, as you might know it, is located way below the highway around the Wangan line, and is soooo huge that you can find yourself experiencing a JDM heaven when there are lots of car enthusiasts hanging out there. Tatsumi PA, meanwhile, is a bit of an opposite of Daikoku PA location and structure-wise, located near the other end of the Wangan line and built on the top of the highways.

Shibaura PA, as I've mentioned, is located near the C1 loop entry, and is located right below the highway. So it's a great place to chill out while you have some snacks and coffee and listening to various cars passing above you in various speeds. Admittably I'm a bit too early to come here, since the PA is usually crowded by night, but this also means a much more peaceful experience. I think I should come here again with the Evo V, probably with some friends as well. Looks like we could have a ramen cup race here, whoever finished their cup the slowest should pay all the coffees and ramens :lol:

[31 Mar 2020]
After days of playing Project CARS 2, Assetto Corsa, GRID and Arknights intensively, I was woken up by a sudden call from Benny. My head was severely dizzy, since I actually eat less while playing all of these games above. Can't be good for my health and immunity, but eh, gotta find ways to spend my time during the quarantine after all.

"Yo, Edo, you there? I've called you all the time and you don't answer"
"....yeah I'm here, sorry man. I've just wake up"
"God damnit you lazy bum. Listen, I've just landed in Japan-"
"Wait YOU'RE IN JAPAN?!"
"Yeah, my cars has arrived two days ago. And that's where I need your help"
"Ah, you want me to deliver some of them?"
"Just one, don't worry. All of them are already in Megure-san's garage, I only need some to be moved"
"Ah okay okay. Oh, have you told him about the GMC?"
"Oh yes I did. Don't worry about it"
"Uh, the car is still in my place, so I'll send it there after this call"
"Wait why didn't you send it straight to Megure-san? Either way, I'll wait for you there in 2 hours"
"Okay good, sending the cars as well as myself there. See ya there"
"See ya"

This prompts a quick shower, skipping brekkie and another call to the towing service, and I decided to ride along with the tow truck to save costs and so I don't have to drive twice from my crib to Megure-san. While understandably the ride is quite slow, this gave me some time to have some rest before driving and delivering Benny's cars.

Some time later, I and the K1500 arrived at Megure-san's place, where I met Megure-san, his daughter, his crew, and......not Benny, but instead, AJ (@RocketBunnyS13) is there. Apparently, AJ has bought himself an A4 Avant with the help of Benny, who sourced it at Germany. AJ wanted the A4 to be a parts hauler, both for his personal use and for KS crew (him, Muza (@Niatross) and Marc (@topy)) , as well as probably for Marcus (@marcus915) as well, since they usually drift and cruise together. You can read about the A4 in AJ's very own thread.

After some talks with AJ and Megure-san over European cars and how to mod them properly, finally Benny arrived at the garage. First off, he revealed why I had to send the Silverado to Megure-san: He has bought a Camaro ZL1, and he's going to modify it right away with a lot of aftermarket parts, since he wants it to be his personal Wangan runner and he wanted to revive the time when American cars runs the highways and drag strips of Japan.

The stock parts removed will be installed on the Silverado, since both the ZL1 and Silverado uses the LS7 engine. Combined with the AWD transmission from the K1500, it looks like I've accidentally built myself a Pro-4 Stadium Truck :lol: Sadly there aren't any sort of desert racing or stadium truck racing in Japan, and obviously it's quite too fast for casual offroading, but not agile enough for offroad trials. So the only thing Ii cna do with the Silverado would be drag racing, which is actually rather hard to come by in modern-day Japan.

And another thing Benny told me is his 458 Spyder.

"Okay, so your job for the day is to deliver this 458 to our garage"
"Oh wow a 458? But ain't that too-"
"Well you can tame an Aventador, an F12 and a Huayra easily, so why not give it a shot in this?" *Megure-san nods from behind*
"But this ain't Tsukuba man! This is public roads!"
"Did I told you to drive fast? Although, I can understand if you want to"
"Well, I'll just try to keep it in one piece I guess"
"That's the spirit! And oh, one more thing"
"Yea?"
"Whenever I and Ziga aren't here, you can keep the keys, and you can bring it to your crib if you want"
"Whoa! Ain't that too much? Sure I can keep the keys, but bringing the car as well is too much-"
"All I'm saying is take car of the car and drive it while we're away. We just don't want it to be covered in dust"
"Aaaaah okay. Aight, I'll drive the-"
"Wait sorry, another thing"
"........what now?"
"Let's have a drift session, we'll take my W203"
"Ah okay, there won't be any races this weekend so I'm free"
"Where you want me to take you, Tsukuba or Ebisu?"
"I'd say Ebisu, since it's closer to your place"
"Nice. Now drive the Fezza and bring it home, I'll see you tomorrow"
"See ya tomorrow, chief"

And so, minutes later, I found myself buzzing through the expressway once more, this time in the luxurious and screamy wheels of the 458 Spider. As Benny pointed out, I've driven some of the fastest supercars under his supervisions, but that's exactly how many times I've driven these kinds of cars before: Only thrice. So the 458 Spider is another fresh experience for me, and it's also the first one to have open top. Normally for sportscars and supercars, I'd rather have them with hardtops, since it's much safer and all GT racing cars has hardtops. Fun fact: There is only one GT racecar with open top, namely the Spyker C8 Spyder GT2-R.

Now let's move to the 458 specifically. The 458 is introduced by Fezza as the replacment for their equally-spectacular 430 series, with them keeping the NA V8 formula from the 430 and making it even better, more powerful and louder, with the engine having a high rate of air/fuel compression ratio. I don't really know what's the ratio for the regular 458, but Top Gear Magazine UK has verified that the 458 Speciale has an A/F ratio of 14:1. That's even higher than even superbikes and modern engines! As a comparison, superbike engines normally has an A/F ratio of around 10:1-12:1, whereas the 1.6L V6 turbo engines in F1 engines, at least when TG stated the facts in 2015, rarely crosses the 8:1 territory. This however is semi-justified, as turbo engines normally doesn't require high compression and the engine itself is assisted with hybrid systems for more power.

Benny has left his 458 bone stock.......except for one thing: The addition of IPE F1 exhaust. This ramps the loudness of the 458 from already quite loud to basically equivalent with fighting 12 dozens of angry hornets using nothing but two chainsaws, with a sax performer giving you morale support from your back. In other words, VERY LOUD and uncomfortable (in both good and bad way). Even idling in the car already made my belly shakes constantly. At first I decided to open the roof to enjoy the amplified engine sound to the fullest, but after getting off the highway my ears has been badly ringing and I felt dizzy, so I decided to close the roof off in fears of getting my eyes bleeding permanently.

As for the car itself........it's quite a sharp shooter. Weaving around traffic and between lanes felt like playing darts or doing archery while being violently pushed off a cliff by, say, John Cena. The steering felt so alert and responsive, I was afraid I would send it into a spin immediately. It won't be funny if I turn this thing into a fiery million-dollar fidget spinner, but it sure is fun to fling around on the track and/or mountain roads.

With the delivery job done, I took an intercity bus to get back home and prepare myself for the drift session at the very next day.

[01 Apr 2020]
I myself doesn't really like pranks and doesn't like to play pranks to others, so nah, no April Fools for me. Instead, it's time to get myself into a drift day with Benny. Well, if you've followed me for some time, you'll already know that I already drifted several times, even attending Ebisu Summer Matsuri last year. But then again, I don't drift as much as I do time attack racing and grip track days, so I'm not so particularly good at it. To make things worse, my latest drift session got my drift missile, the Meme Machine, rather literally falling apart, and still hasn't repaired properly. So a refresher ride is indeed in the calling for me. Ah yes, you probably has read this at Side to Side from Benny's perspective, so it's time to tell it from mine.

According to Benny himself, this is also how he repaid his track day tutorial he requested to me, where I teach him the proper way of scoring constant lap times and introducing him to the world of time attack racing.......which ends up with Benny wrecking his S2K due to being overconfident at Tsukuba's final corner, causing the S2K to lose its grip in mere seconds and spin into the gravel trap, only to be then stopped by the tyre wall. For some reason, Benny isn't really well-versed in regular grip racing, but definitely loves throwing his car sideways and prefers street racing to legal ones, but doesn't really like rallying, which takes place on public roads. But eh, it's just like how stance-focused people prefer their cars for show rather than performance.

That morning, Benny picked me up in the Merc and we immediately head up to Ebisu. Ah yes, from the choices Benny offered earlier, I picked up Ebisu instead of Tsukuba, since Tsukuba demands more advanced skills and techniques at higher speeds compared to other places, such as Nikko and, well, Ebisu (except Nishi and Higashi layouts). From all my track days at Tsukuba, I literally drifted only once there, with the HR34. There I found out that the HR34 lacks a lot of power to be flinged properly at Tsukuba, and turboing it makes it backfires more often than a machine gun. Granted, the turbo is stock RB25DET ones, and I fitted it on an RB20DE. It looks like Benny forgot that Nikko exists and closer to my place, but then again Ebisu is closer to Side to Side's Japan HQ. And after all, Ebisu is the place to go if you want to enjoy drifting to the fullest.

Some time later, we arrived at Ebisu, and we immediately head to the Drift School course. If you're a big fan of Japanese grassroots drifting scene, you'll instantly know where exactly is this. But if you haven't, it's right on the top of the Minami course, right beside the latter, slower half section of the track. As the name suggests, it's a small lot dedicated to have you learn the ropes of drifting for beginners. I did visit this part of the track during last year's Ebisu Summer Matsuri, and that's also where my Meme Machine got its first damage after multiple wall tap attempts. And that's before I headed to Minami later that day........

First off, just like what I did with Benny when giving him the grip tutorial, Benny gave me a short tutorial on drifting the Merc. Since I've drifted before and the drifts themselves are done at relatively low speeds, I can quickly understand them quickly. There is, however, one huge difference: Whereas I simply just want the car to go sideways and then holding it as I could, Benny throws it sideways near-gradually. Benny also uses more brakes and clutch more often than I did, whereas I alternated between brakes, clutch and handbrakes. I should admit that I haven't set the Meme Machine properly (all I did was slap a turbo, weld the diff, change the wheels and fit a lower spring), but combined with this, this shows a huge difference between what raw power versus proper setup can do to your car.

Speaking of which, this Merc here is a C230, equipped with 2.3L V6 producing circa 200 BHP. So far everything is still left bone stock by Benny, apart from welded diff and these 190E Evo wheels. Whether they're legit or not I don't know, just ask him. "Well, why not learn to drift in an S-Chassis?" This Merc here is Benny's personal favourite, and he wanted it to be his missile car. Whereas for me, I'd like to have one, but not only there have been too many S-Chassis in the scene (and some were unfortunately unfinished and abandoned), I already have two of them, and none of them are drifted (S15 as time attack car, and MS13 convertible as cruise machine). Just like how you can drift an SR20DE (as opposed to DET)-equipped S-chassis, the Merc feels fine and agile to drift even without much power. Probably because the V6 is heavy enough to offset the weight to the front of the car.

Eventually, it's time for me to drift the Merc. Benny gave me the green light to fully send it, but I tried to juggle between doing just that and not sending it into the wall (it's not my car after all), so this time I refrained from doing wall taps. The car felt quite solid in my hands and rather obviously, much lighter and more agile than my Mark II. Steering the back side felt quite natural here, so manjis felt quicker and easier to control. I guess that's also the perks of having a lightweight car instead of a big sedan. Holding the slides, however, requires much more precision.

Much, much later, I was fully able to memorize the movements and controls needed to keep the car sliding and I was doing it just fine. I'm not really sure how many people uses any Mercs as a drift car in the European soil compared to, say, an E30 or E36, but if you want to go off the mainstream choice, I guess I could recommend you this. Maintaining it outside Europe however, might be a question, since I'm not sure if there are many used or aftermarket parts for this specific generation of Merc here. Nevertheless, I didn't expect to enjoy this car as much as I do right now, be it as a common commuter tool or a tyre-burning barbeque machine.

Finally, Benny felt that that's enough for the day, and ordered me to bring the car back to the pits. I was almost unable to stand up after driving for quite so long :lol: After I recovered for a while, we switched seats once more and we went back to Side to Side HQ. At the HQ, we had some talks about our current conditions, as Benny sips some hot coffee, while I grab myself some tea. Benny was kind enough to provide me some more of McDonald's apple pie as well :lol: Guess I should give him an Exusiai sticker after all. Ah yes, point is, Benny will be staying in Japan during the VCovid outbreak, while Ziga (@Lagano) will keep an eye to their collections back home in USA

[06 Apr 2020]
What I've feared at the start of this update has became true: Japan has officially announcing a progressive lockdown for the entire country, starting from 11th April until 6th May. this means all of us got not a lot of time to do anything in Tokyo, or.........pretty much everywhere before the lockdown. This predictably has takken its toll for motorsport activities as well. Here's a rundown to what happen in some circuits.

Tsukuba Circuit, Gunma Cycling & Sports Center (or as you'll know it, Gunsai Touge) and Okegawa Sportsland, being some of the closest to Tokyo, has announced they will cancel all their motorsport activities per the first day of lockdown. Mobara Twin Circuit has also cancelled all 4-wheel activities and major events, as well as 2-wheel major events, with only weekly moto trackdays remaining. Ebisu Circuit also took similar decision, cancelling all major events including their weekly time attack series and the Ebisu Spring Matsuri, with only regular track days remaining at limited times. Nikko Circuit, oddly, only cancels most of their major events, but still have some of them running. Their car and moto trackdays are still running as usual.

Most of the circuits outside Tokyo, such as Maze Sea Circuit, Mikawa Motorland, Bihoku Circuit and Sekia Hill Circuit aren't affected however, and still run their track days as usual. But then again, they're outside Tokyo, which means you'll need to drive upwards of 6 hours just to get there. Bihoku would take around 8 hours from Tokyo, while going to Sekia Hills would take you around 13 hours. As a comparison, it only took 1-2 hours to get to either Tsukuba, Nikko or Ebisu.

And with the Evo V project nearing completion, it's time to take an immediate action.

"Yo Muza, it's Edo here"
"Oh hey man. Sup yo?"
"We need to talk. It's about the Silver Queen..........."

And finally, let's check how my wallet survives so far:
► Show Spoiler

That's all my updates for now, thank you for stopping by and see you soon!
Sieklo
Gangster

Yaay another big update form big! hehe. Nice to see some laps in Silver Quen, and Silverado 4x4 swap :D
Abut Merc, engine maintenance, etc won't be an issue probably rust will be the biggest enemy
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

Yeee, other big update! I'm pumped to see you going to Silverado 4x4 swapped, that will be proper powerful 4x4.
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
BigSmoke
Hitman

Sieklo wrote:
18 Apr 2020 13:03
Yaay another big update form big! hehe. Nice to see some laps in Silver Quen, and Silverado 4x4 swap :D
Abut Merc, engine maintenance, etc won't be an issue probably rust will be the biggest enemy
SimplifyHerb wrote:
18 Apr 2020 13:58
Yeee, other big update! I'm pumped to see you going to Silverado 4x4 swapped, that will be proper powerful 4x4.
Thanks chaps, I'm glad you guy slike the update as usual! Yeah can't wait to see how the AWD swap turns out :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Benny
Associate

Good job kiddo, I don't expect less from you.
As far as crashing my "Fidget spinner " I dont mind it already was in a front end collision it wont be nothing new to it xD. Just kidding don't craah it those body panels are expensive as hell haha.
As soon as japan lifts the restrictions we are going again :D and yea forgot to tell you before we went out, the car doesnt have a welded diff. The car has an open diff but its brakes are electronically controled and it simulates a LSD feel by electronically applying the brakes. But by the time restrictions are liftet it will have a LSD cause I don't trust electronics and it will have somewhat more power hehe. Take care, don't get sick...
Cars in RP:
1985 Toyota Corolla Sprinter Trueno Zenki
1989 Nissan 240SX
1992 BMW 850i E31
2001 Nissan Silvia S15 Type S
2003 Mercedes Benz C230 W203
2008 Lamborghini Galarado Superleggera UGR
2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
2012 Ferrari 458 Spider
2014 Audi A4 Allroad
2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Click here to go to my RP!
Make sure you visit our store as well, press on banner below!
BigSmoke
Hitman

Benny wrote:
19 Apr 2020 08:08
Good job kiddo, I don't expect less from you.
As far as crashing my "Fidget spinner " I dont mind it already was in a front end collision it wont be nothing new to it xD. Just kidding don't craah it those body panels are expensive as hell haha.
As soon as japan lifts the restrictions we are going again :D and yea forgot to tell you before we went out, the car doesnt have a welded diff. The car has an open diff but its brakes are electronically controled and it simulates a LSD feel by electronically applying the brakes. But by the time restrictions are liftet it will have a LSD cause I don't trust electronics and it will have somewhat more power hehe. Take care, don't get sick...
Thanks bossman, yeah please stay safe and healthy as well :D

Visit my RP HERE!
BigSmoke
Hitman

Bumping the thread for a bit of a self-realization

Don't worry however, my next updates will be long and T H I C C as usual ;) There's also the fact that somehow my thread gets buried by other posts very quickly :(

Visit my RP HERE!
marcus915
Associate

there's a lot to take in, but I have to say I'm genuinely impressed you've taken the Silver Queen so far, from the very beginning to now. Dare I say one of the longest running cars on these boards??
hollywood's bleeding
c o o l d o w n
BigSmoke
Hitman

marcus915 wrote:
21 Apr 2020 07:43
there's a lot to take in, but I have to say I'm genuinely impressed you've taken the Silver Queen so far, from the very beginning to now. Dare I say one of the longest running cars on these boards??
Yeah, it's been a long journey with the Silver Queen, already half a year in fact :D As I've always said, I didn't expect to go this far, but hey, here we are in all its glory. Hey you've been here much longer than I am, indeed it's a long runner in the community, but I'm sure there are some of us who had their cars for 2, 3, or even more years :lol:

Visit my RP HERE!
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO daammnn the details you put into the track sessions are insane you should apply for a journalist to some racing magazines it's really wild. uwu turbo kit for evo 5 yuuss and hks + jun goodies and you got a new truck? Ooo that's dope american trucks in jpn are amazing and the plan to upgrade silverado uwu. Ah yea the wangan's parking lots can get so lit and the megure-san really be havin a nice idea for the camaro. Oh i didn't knew there is any gt racing car with no top that's interesting thank you soooo much <3 Ayyy the merc drift sesh had to be wild and fasho is something out of main stream (although in europe there is a off stream trend to use mercs as drift missiles) i miss my c63 lol
► Show Spoiler
-stallion-
Gangster

wow, to be honest, i'm pretty sad to see the Silver Queen go bye bye, but i'm sure it treated you well. And as Marcus said, this was a very long journey with it, and i'm so glad i had the chance to see it in person at the car meet a while back. Really hyped for you man!!
Niatross
Gangster

Like the others are saying, its indeed a bit of an emotional moment to finally bade goodbye to Silver Queen (But hey, at least the new owner is trusted ;) )
Regardless, im sure you wont let that off-set you, theres still the S15 and the Evo 5 (Silver Queen 2? White Queen?) to take its place well enough :D
BigSmoke
Hitman

NotPerfect wrote:
26 Apr 2020 00:10
OwO daammnn the details you put into the track sessions are insane you should apply for a journalist to some racing magazines it's really wild. uwu turbo kit for evo 5 yuuss and hks + jun goodies and you got a new truck? Ooo that's dope american trucks in jpn are amazing and the plan to upgrade silverado uwu. Ah yea the wangan's parking lots can get so lit and the megure-san really be havin a nice idea for the camaro. Oh i didn't knew there is any gt racing car with no top that's interesting thank you soooo much <3 Ayyy the merc drift sesh had to be wild and fasho is something out of main stream (although in europe there is a off stream trend to use mercs as drift missiles) i miss my c63 lol
I think I should actually :lol: I'm quite a fan of Motor Trend's Randy Pobst, I love his articles and his racing activities. He literally would drive anything, from VW Beetles to Porsche Cup cars, which is why I want to be like him. I think Chris Harris also competed in 24 Hours of Nurburgring and 24 Hours of Spa several times. For the Japanese ones, I believe Nob Taniguchi and Max Orido sometimes fills in for Option, and of course we can't forget Best Motoring and Hot Version, which is literally composed of race drivers as the lead journos ;)

So Mercs are equally popular in Euro as grassroots drift car as well? Wew I see :D I don't think I saw a lot of them compared to E30s or E36s, but I'm glad there actually are missile Mercs.
-stallion- wrote:
26 Apr 2020 12:22
wow, to be honest, i'm pretty sad to see the Silver Queen go bye bye, but i'm sure it treated you well. And as Marcus said, this was a very long journey with it, and i'm so glad i had the chance to see it in person at the car meet a while back. Really hyped for you man!!
Niatross wrote:
27 Apr 2020 15:13
Like the others are saying, its indeed a bit of an emotional moment to finally bade goodbye to Silver Queen (But hey, at least the new owner is trusted ;) )
Regardless, im sure you wont let that off-set you, theres still the S15 and the Evo 5 (Silver Queen 2? White Queen?) to take its place well enough :D
Long ago, I thought that I would keep the Silver Queen forever. But as time passed, I was enlightened and opened a can of new possibilities and future. That however means letting the SIlver Queen go. But hey, it's just another chapter of my journey, I'm sure the Evo V will be here for longer.

As for how would the Evo V be called.........hmmmmm, you'll see soon ;) And yes, I'm glad the new owner can take care of her very well ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
BigSmoke
Hitman

Dethroning and Road to Ascendance

Long ago, I thought I would keep the Silver Queen forever.
But as time goes by, I was enlightened by a lot of possibilities.
Nothing lasts forever indeed, and it is time to let the Silver Queen go from my hands to be succeeded by her heir.
And other than that, the KS boys had me going through the lines of law with them, and it was a blast!
Let's have a look by delving into the update below! :D

[06 Apr 2020, continued]
(NOTE: If you've read the last update, you'll know it ended up with a phone call. If you haven't, go read it now)

"We need to talk. It's about the Silver Queen..........."
"Yeah, anything we can help about it? Been a while since we have our hands on it"
"Have you heard the news about the capital lockdown?"
"Wait......yeah yeah I think I have, read something similar some time ago"
"Yeah, and that's why I think it's time to let the SIlver Queen go"
"You're going to sell it?"
"Exactly. I'm going to put it on a motorsport classifieds, does V$30k sounds acceptable?"
"For all it's been through, I reckon so-wait, don't put the ad for it yet"
"Uh, why?"
"I know the exact person who will buy it at any price. Hold the line would ya?"
"Errrr.......okay"

Some time later, Muza (@Niatross) handed the phone to someone else. Apparently, it's none other than Marc (@topy), the Human Lan Evo himself.

"Yo Edo, you still there? Heard you're selling the Evo 3"
"Yeah it's true. I'm letting it go. Does V$30k sounds acceptable?"
"Hey why not actually, considering all that it's been through. In fact I can buy it if you want"
"Oh that's quite nice of you, you can decide the price then-"
"Nonono, I'll buy it at full price. I know what's inside the car and how's it been used, you built it with me after all!"
"Ah yes you're actually right. So uh, it's going to you, yeah?"
"Yep, with one condition"
"Name it"
"Let me change the wheels. I don't like it"
"Well, as long as you don't alter the car too much, I can accept that"
"Great, deal sealed then. Let me know when you're delivering the car"
"Think I can do it tomorrow. Get the cash ready, will ya?"
"Sure sure. See ya tomorrow then"
"Yeah, see ya, and thanks"

Yep, you read that right, the SIlver Queen is officially going away to the caring hands of Marc. And yes, it's true, I bulit the SIlver Queen together with Marc and co. right at the first time I visited their garage, right when their HQ was a small garage near Tokyo's bayside, somewhere near the Rainbow Bridge I reckon, if not some other bridge. There the Silver Queen spent its final phase of initial upgrades, which was the transmission and engine tunes. During the process I was guided by Marc as he built his own Evo X, and I'm quite proud to say I had a hand on his Evo X as well :D

As for the price, I know you're thinking "Why would you set an expensive price tag, Smoke?" As far as I can remember, a pristine, bone stock Evo 3 is sold between 10-20k on Japanese import services and auctions these days. And obviously, race cars are expensive to build, let alone to buy immediately, don't you think? So given the amount of mods I've put into the Silver Queen, as well as the fact that it has turned from a timid, worn Evo 3 on steelies into a time attack hero in one and half a year, I think 30k is a reasonable price tag.

Beside these, I don't want it to suffer the same fate as several JDM icons such as the BN Sports R34 and several ex-D1 cars in Russia, where all of them were cut and modified into other forms until unrecognizable anymore, sometimes eventually unfinished and abandoned in the end. The BN Sports R34 stands out from the rest as it was infamously turned into an ute pickup only to be left unfinished. Obviously, everyone in the internet got up in flames. So yeah, I'd rather my Evo to be unused and stay inside a garage for years rather than severely being cut and molested.

Later that night, I prepared the documents and slips required for the Evo ownership. As I blasted up the finest J-pop tracks I've collected so far, I reminisced over the early days I owned the Evo back then. Back when it still had steelies because the previous owner was a fan of RS models, and it still had a relatively meagre 260-ish BHP. Even the Fujitsubo exhaust that came with it when I bought it is still on the car today! I could've stayed timid and confined to regular track days with the Evo, and consequently remained obscure, but a competitive day at Hyper Meeting 2019 has completely changed my fate and future once and for all.

As I recalled these memories, I moved my body and sung along a bit following the tunes I've blasted as I prep the papers and slips.

Lord, give me one more chance
これが最後かしら
Lord, give me one more chance
どうにかしたいの

今を, 今を, 逃がしたなら
すれちがう
このままで
もう出逢えない

[07 Apr 2020]
It's time to seal the deal on the Silver Queen. And for once, instead of bringing the Sprinter van to tow a car I'm going to buy, I'm bringing it to haul the Silver Queen on its way to the KS garage. After having a quick lunch of instant ramen, I called Marc to notify the car's ready to be delivered to KS garage.

"Hey Marc, car's ready to roll to the garage. You've got the money?"
"Yep"
"And are you there?"
"Everyone's here in fact. They're ready to welcome the car"
"Oh wow, you guys are so kind. Okay, I'm towing the car, see ya there"
"See ya, and take care"

After I fired up the Sprinter and loaded the Silver Queen onto the trailer, I made my way to Tokyo as usual. I don't think the cops would mind over the presence of my Sprinter van, since it looks just like another delivery vans or logistics vehicle, and normally (or at least imo) you gotta keep the rolling at these times. Logistics and delivery are quite vital when we had to seal ourselves from the world, as demonstrated by Hideo Kojima and his Death Stranding game. Moreover, they're one of the biggest economy dynamo in the 21st century, so if you stop them, the entire world will crumble in days.

Anyways, some time later, finally I arrived at the KS garage, with Muza, Marc and AJ (@RocketBunnyS13) already waiting inside the garage. Muza was moving quite a lot of car parts (which turns out to be RX7 and 180SX bodykits, you can read that at his thread), AJ did some weightlifting to keep himself fit, and Marc was munching on Pocky choco sticks. Well, I like them as well actually :D

"So, here it is, the Silver Queen in all its final glory"
"You've got the papers and slips?"
"Yeah, where should I put it?"
"Ummm, put it on the lounge table. Let's do the deal there as well"
"Oh sure sure, we better sit down and relax in the meantime"

I, Marc and AJ went upstairs and sit around the lounge's table to check over the Silver Queen's papers and slips. It is a good thing that we have AJ on our side since he's a lawyer, so we had a bit of legal assistance here. As for the car condition, they (and all of you who read this thread, surely) already know the car's condition inside out, particularly Marc since he helped me build it as aformentioned, so all in all no worries. It's actually a good thing Marc actually has the cash as well, since I'm quite in grave need for money (as usual), and Marc is currently brimmed with them, he can actually purchase the entire KS garage collection :lol:

Finally, after several minutes inspecting the papers and slips, as well as a quick rundown of taxes and what the Silver Queen needs in the meantime, the car is officially sold to Marc and no longer in my hands.

E:"So, all good?"
Ma:"All good, all appears to be reassuring so far. I think we can seal the deal"
E:"Deal it is! Oh AJ, should I tell you one of our agreements beforehand?"
A:"Uh, yeah? You didn't mentioned it to me earlier so tell me"
E:"I allowed him to change the wheel-"
A:"YESS! Finally no more black wheels on it haha! Muza did you hear that?"
Mu:"Hear what?"
A:"He allowed Marc to change the wheels!"
Mu:"YEEEEEEEEEEEE"
E:"Ahaha yeah yeah, but probably nothing else. I'm no longer using WedsSport wheels after all. Don't alter it too much will ya?"
Ma:"Rest assured, we only dislike the wheels, so no worries about the rest. Hey you want a Pocky?"
E:"Sure why not, hand it over. But don't hand it by mouth"
Ma:"Nah we ain't doing that, we aren't recreating an anime scene here"
E:"Exactly. And hey, thanks man." *puffs the Pocky like a cigarette*
Ma:"You're welco-uh, Edo, what are you doing?" *giggles*
A:"THAT'S NOT A CIGARETTE YOU IDIOT AAHAHAHHAAH" *rolling on floor laughing*
E:"Hey that's the point. You can enjoy it like a cigarette without burning your lungs, and it's edible as well"
Ma:"Well, you're right. But you look silly doing it"
E:"Eh, as long as I can keep on living. Smoke tyres, gentlemen, not your lungs"

With the deal sealed and the keys handed to Marc, it's time to leave. And of course, I couldn't leave without saying a goodbye to the Silver Queen (though probably not the last, as I visit KS garage at some times after all). I bowed my head to the car and pat the rear spoiler before walking away.

"Hey, thanks for all the memories my Queen, you're the best and will always be. Be nice to your new owners, will ya?"

As I made my way back home, I had another solo karaoke session while driving the Sprinter van. This time, I decided to sing a song I've always sung back in the early days of my Silver Queen's ownership, which is, fittingly enough, "I'm in Love with My Car" by Queen (yes, THAT Queen. Freddy infamously refused to sing on this one). As the SIlver Queen is no longer in my hands, the lyrics ironically stabbed me deeper in my heart. But hey, it's also a celebration of my early days, soooooooo.................this might be the sweetest form of pain I've ever experienced. Oh well, all for a better future.

[08 Apr 2020]
The Silver Queen may be gone, but some things have come on my doorstep in return. It's time to complete the final pieces of the grand puzzle, that is known as none other than my Evo V! If you forgot what are these, they are the intake manifold and turbo kit, plus brand new intercooler kit as well. Let's go for a bit of rndown on the parts in case you didn't remember it.

As aformentioned at the last update, I selected the same intake manifold setup as the SIlver Queen, which is Hypertune 77mm intake manifold. But whereas I kept the stock throttle body on the Silver Queen since it's safe for the amount of power back then, this time I also opted for their throttle body for more power. For the turbo, I made a significant jump by installing HKS GTIII-4R turbo, which is a huge improvement from HKS GTII-8262 installed on the Silver Queen. And finally, all of those will be paired with HKS Type-S intercooler kit. Sadly, the Type-R ones won't fit Evo IV-VI (they're made for VII upwards), but various forums reassured it won't create a performance bottleneck regardless.

I decided to install all of them without lifting the engine from the car. Well yes, it can be done, but admittedly it's much more difficult to be done compared to if I lift it first. As a result, what can I have done in like 3-5 hours were severely swollen into almost 9 hours, all because I don't bother wasting my energy to lift the engine off the car and to see if the intercooler fits well with the car.

Eventually however I made them all fit with a bit of scuffy hands and a lot of shoutng a la Jeremy Clarkson. I also had to reprogram the Apexi ECU to recalibarte it with the new intake manifold, so I won't accidentally choke it on stock throttle body setup. More power means more air intake after all, just like how we need to breathe more when we exercise or do sports activity. And I'm so glad to report that after all of this, the car starts and fires up normally without any abnormalities.

And finally, all I had to do with the Evo V is to paint it! Now, for the base paint, I already envisioned what I want it to be, so no worries, and I'll fully reveal it at the next update. As for the jobbie, I picked for VS Garage's services as usual, and thankfully they assured me they'll still working during the lockdown, though undestandably they'll work at a shorter time window (closed right at sunset) and will only allow a few customers everyday. I agreed to send the Evo to them at 10th, since they've been booked by a lot of customers at 9th.

All that I can say is that the spoiler blade will be left bare carbon, and the boot will be covered in wrap to protect the carbon. But for the bonnet however, I'd like to ask your opinion. Should I leave it bare carbon as well for that 'track day, bro' and racing aesthetics, or should I cover it with wrap instead for a more timid yet subtle looks?

[10 Apr 2020]
It's time to bring the Evo V to VS Garage to be painted and wrapped properly. As per usual, since I haven't put plates on it (I did register the Evo V and actually has received the plates way back then, it's just I don't want to put it on before it's completely painted), I hauled the Evo V on the tow trailer using the Sprinter van. Along the way to the garage, I noticed traffic density has greatly decreased, not even public transport is seen. All that remains are trucks and fellow vans making their delivery trips as usual.

Some time later, I arrived at the garage and rolled the Evo V in with the garage's crew. It turns out that they're working with less personnel at the moment. No, they're not firing anyone fortunately, but they decided that in order to maintain each other's health during the lockdown, the crew split themselves into shifts, which would work once every two days. This however also resulted in their decision to limit their customers and work hours. And of course, this eventually causes every order to be finished way longer than normally they could be. They expected mine to be finished in at least 2 weeks, could be less or more.

And so, it's time for me to bid goodbye to another of my Evo. But hey, don't worry, this one's only for a while. When I see it again, I believe it'll be much more beautiful and sparkling as it is now. After all, I don't really want to risk these FRP doors and carbon boot to be damaged before I can fully enjoy the car. Repeating the point from before though, I'm still not sure whether I'll have the bonnet to be bare carbon or to be wrapped as well. Carbon part repairs aren't cheap, y'know.

Before I left the garage, I had a small slice of pizza with the crew. They never leave their usual habits after all :lol:

Back at my crib, with fresh cash on my hand, it's time to fullfill some of the mods I've needed for my cars to have them going, mainly engines. While this quarantine kept on going and I can't get anywhere as free as usual, this means more time to get rest and to build my cars. Hell, from all my cars, only some that actually got completely finished, and worse, some were left sitting dead. Exactly how long they've been sitting in my garage varies, from mere months such as my AE86 and R32 GTS-t, to more than a year such as my Tico. So get ready everyone, because it's going to be a hell of a shopping list! ;)

First off, something that I've planned before the Mobara Masters (which means since a month ago): RB26 N1 block for the S15! As I've pointed out when I installed the RB26 engine into the S15, the one I've got in the S15 is an early R32 RB26 block, which was quite notorious for its lubrication issue. Basically, there has been a bit of a design error at the oil pump when these are commisioned, causing lack of oil flow to properly lubricate the engine. And as you can guess, this results in overheating. They've fixed this issue for later R32s and so on obviously, including racing variants, but these improved blocks are swapping hands for quite a handful of cash.

I've half-solved this issue using HKS oil pump, but as this block is quite a high-miler already and it's going to be subjected into hard, frequent racing usage, I felt that it is time to properly refresh the block. And for this, I've chosen the purpose-built RB26 block, straight from the R32's Group A touring car and endurance racing glory. These blocks are not only solved the lubrication issue, it's also stronger in general and allows you to rev it up slightly higher than regular RB26 without any fear of blowing the engine. Perfect for blazing around Tsukuba's final sector, it is. And for this one I've fetched it for V$3744. Ah yes, I also finally decided to fill the empty AC vent holes with HKS direct meters. I bought the complete package (turbo, pressure and temperature) at a grand total of V$469

Speaking about RB26s, I've mentioned this once, but Ii think it's worth mentioning again: The N1 may be the go-to block if you seek for OEM motorsport-proven blocks, but there's one more engine that stands among the rest of RB engines: The 2.8 liter RRR block. The RRR engines are originally intended for Nissan's JGTC racercars, so it's even more stronger to allow more durability. But eventually, after Nissan switched engines to VQ-series for these racecars for better weight distribution (and eventually VK-series), the RRR saw their final stages of life empowering the equally-famous R34 Z-Tune. At this point you'll know just how fast and rare that thing is. Nowadays RRR blocks are extremely rare, and if you happen to find one, prepare to pay an exorbitant price for even a used one.

Moving on into another Nismo-issued item, this time the LMGT1 wheels. No, the wheels won't go into the S15, but instead it's going into the R32. As the R32 is already colored in blue and has the correct bodykit, all it needs visually is simply these white LMGT1s so I can create a similar vibe to the Calsonic R32 racecar. But no, I'm not going to fully replicate it, since mine is a GTS-t and it's going to be a Wangan-focused car instead of yet another track day hero. I've got the Evo V and S15 for that. For this one, since Muza works at Nismo, I can easily secure a deal with him, with end result of V$2500 payment. "Wait Smoke, why don't you order the N1 block from him as well?" Sadly, he informed me that they ran out of N1 blocks :(

And speaking of the R32, it's time to give it a proper treatment as well by giving it, obviously, an RB26 engine, which costed me V$5000. And this time I can assure I'm doing it properly. Instead of an R32-sourced RB26, this time I sourced one from an R33. Just like my R32 RB26 in the S15, the engine is visually rather tired and came with no turbo piping, stock intakes and only half of the wiring. But this time, since I've already known the tricks and requirements to build an R26, rebuilding it won't be a huge issue. In fact, I would use the same exact formula as the S15 since I want to keep it RWD (AWD-swapping it would be very, very expensive). For now though, I'll only purchase the engine, and would get the CD009 transmission much later.

Now into other things that aren't Nissan-issued, finally I'm able to grab some stuff for the Tico. Originally I'd like to fit a D16 in it, but since turns out it's quite hard to find locally, I resorted by fitting a D15B VTEC instead. "Wait why not a B16?" I'm not really sure if a B16 will fit inside a Tico, and after all someone has swapped a D15 into a Tico. Moreover, I think the B16 will be too fast for the entire car to handle. The Tico is wafer-thin after all.........sometimes I wonder why even I bought it at the first place, other for silly stuff and giggles :lol: The engine costed me just V$500, and the 5-speed manual transmission costed me V$289. As for how I'll fit it inside the Tico........well, I'll think about it later, since the mounts has to be custom-made iirc.

And finally, for the AE86, I've decided that it'll go for the Beams 3S-GE route, since it's quite cheap and easy to find and tune. And no, I'm not going to turbo it since it might be too fast for my casual track needs (yes, I've also decided that it'll be another grip car, mainly for AE86-only events), whereas I'm not sure if there are any mint 4A-GE left as well. Thankfully, they're quite chaper than I thought! I scored myself a complete 3S-GE for just V$520, and an equally-mint 6-speed manual transmission for V$500. Additionally, I also purchased a complete mount kit from Xcessive Manufacturing for V$180, as well as their driveshaft for V$385, and a stronger rear housing and speedo drive from Battle Garage for V$135 and V$82 respectively.

I think I could've kept on shopping, but I don't want to burn my money in a flash, and I don't want to burden myself with too much work as they all arrive at my doorstep. I also still need to consider some things for my other cars:
  • Should I keep using KA24DE or should I switch to CA18DET for Kaede (the S13 vert)? Doesn't need a lot of power, needs torque and reliability
  • Should I keep using RB20DE or switch to RB25DE for my HR34? Or should I swap it for a completely new ER34 anyways?
  • What wheels and in what size should I fit to my HR34?
  • If I buy another X110 as a parts car (most likely GX110), would anyone buy it after I part it out?

[18 Apr 2020]
It's been a week since the nation-wide lockdown started. So far, my life goes on as normal, just with less frequent trips outside. My phone rang at lunchtime as I finished my lunch while I'm playing Arknights. God damnit, just when I'm almost finished the final level perfectly.......but turns out the phone call is from Muza, so I accepted it anyways. Oh well, I can start again later.

"Hey Edo, sup yo?"
"Sup. You interrupted my gaming session but that's okay, anything I can help?"
"You know what, one week into this lockdown and I'm quite bored already. I miss the roads already"
"Whoops sorry about that, anyways I'm quite bored between all this......silence and nothingness"
"Hell yeah man, same. Though I'm quite used to this already, this is largely how I live after all"
"Well you're fortunate enough to be able to work from home in the first place"
"How's the others doing?"
"AJ can't go back home to Mie, so he had to sleep with Marc or even stay in the garage"
"Hey at least Marc can keep him busy with stuff" *chuckles*
"Oh yah, I bought something as well the other day, and uh, I'd like to take a ride on it"
"What is it?"
"Well I'll tell you when you're here. Which is why I propose to you an idea"
"Hmmm, okay tell me"
"Let's lurk at night and have a joyride around Tokyo suburbs"
"Hmmmmm.......I'm not sure, how about police presence around there?"
"Tokyo is a huge-ass city don't you think? They can't simply put everyone in one single spot"
"Well you're right. So we play hide and seek with them?"
"Exactly! AJ and Marc is up for the ride too. You in?"
"I guess I'm in, think I can use the HR34 for the time being"
"Nice! See you tomorrow then"
"See ya my man, stay healthy"

So, Muza has asked me to follow him and play against the law for a while. I'm not really the type of man who usually do that (been a long while since my last touge run), but after all I miss hitting the streets as well. And oh, this can count as a practice round for later purposes, particularly when I'm hitting the highway next time with the R32 or the Tico. Well, the cop cars (and pretty much any cars here) are limited to 180 km/h (just a tad over 110 mph if you're wondering), so if you can reach and maintain that speed, you're pretty much a free bird. But would I able to do so in the HR34 or Tico?

Later that day, I discovered that Ebisu and Gunma Cycling Sports Center (or Gunsai Touge if it's a mouthful for you) is the next one to decide to cancel all events there during the lockdown. Maze Sea Circuit also cancelled their events, but only for a week, resulting in the postponing of their next major event, Attack Sentai Gokiganger (I'm not sure how should I translate this), which is a bi-annual time attack event held there. The first one has already conceded at March, where at the same time I was racing at Tsukuba Circuit Trial Series. I wasn't supposed to enter Attack Sentai round at this month either due to it clashing with the Eastern Kanto Circuit Trial Championship, but since the event was eventually cancelled and the Attack Sentai round only suffered a postponing, eventually I decided to join it instead.

And yes, if you're wondering, it's the same Attack series which held their time attack event at Tsukuba, Suzuka, Sugo and many others. This one's just less......promoted, since this one's mainly aimed at amateurs and beginners. That doesn't mean intermediate and pro drivers can't join however, as they got their separate class. Yup, unlike the usual Attack events where the cars are only separated by whether they have force induction or not (except for the Tsukuba round which is much more complicated), this one is separated by the driver's experience. There's only beginner and pro class, with intermediate drivers joining the pros. Obviously I joined the pro class since I'm already had proper experience and car for the job. The registration fee was V$130.

Also, @Benny later texted me about his plans as usual. First off, the GMC chassis. Back then (and probably also now), US manufacturers somehow always had a unique, on-road performance-focused variants of their trucks, such as the GMC Typhoon and Syclone, Dodge RAM SRT10, Ford F150 SVT Lightning, and many others. Based on that, Benny had an idea to slam another V8 inside the car and built the handling components accordingly, so it can be used better for on-road purposes. "So uh, exactly a copy of your Silverado, Smoke?" Well, yeah, but with proper handling components instead of retaining these utility-focused stock assests. And this time, not going to my hands either, as I've said to Benny to keep it in his hands. He's always drunk with power........and probably will never sober from it.

[19 Apr 2020]
It's time to join Muza's attempt to skrit the edges of our local law and play hide and seek with the cops. I decided to get off from my crib at sunset to decrease suspicion around myself, and so I can reach Tokyo, and subsequently KS garage right as night fell. Okay, I don't think there's any curfew hours being defined in this lockdown, but y'know, the Japanese are quite strict when it comes to law. I think you've seen of Tokyo's main district such as Shibuya, Shinjuku and Akibahara going completely dead during daytime after the lockdown started, with only a very few people roaming around downtown. I bumped this song on the HR34's audio and roll on. (Yes, that song has the same beat with "Man's Not Hot". In fact, there are three songs sharing the same beat)

After the sun goes down, with me successfully slipped myself past Tsukuba's cops, I reached Tokyo and begin to floor it along the highways to make hasten my way to the KS garage. The HR34 runs smoothly and not in a rush at all, since after all it's just a 2 liter NA engine. I guess I should've packed the RB25 turbo and manifolds along with me, but if I were to install it, it might backfire nonstop just like the last time I installed it on a drift day at Tsukuba. This thing probably needs RB25DE or even RB25DET already. And since there's a variant that has exactly these, might as well swap it for a new car.......probably.

Finally, I reached the meeting point at the KS garage. AJ and Marc has waited for me in AJ's A5 (apparently Marc didn't feel like driving, but still wants to cruise nonetheless), and Muza showed up in his brand new toy, which is a Merc 500 SEC, a handsome classic youngtimer. A lovely choice, given Muza is still relatively new to collecting European classics (or so I thought). This one is an 80s grand tourer at it's finest, and probably the one defining 80s luxury the best. Chances are, back then, any kind of celebrity, royal figures, businessman, or even........drug dealers has one of these, either kept stock and pristine, or has been enhanced heavily by tuner houses such as Koenig Specials. And this one is a well-kept, though probably not so pristine anymore, and painted in white.

"So, what do you think, beautiful innit?"
"This thing has gone through a lot of things, but yeah, it's still a proper looker. Is it comfy inside?"
"Felt like a sofa, even"

Later on, we start rolling through Shibuya. It was properly deserted as we expected, with only some presences of several pedestrians making their way home from errand runs, and several guards keeping shops and other places that either had to or insisted to open as usual during the lockdown. Thankfully, they seemed to not batting any eyes on us. And oh, we agreed to just cruise and enjoy the sights, as going in speed obviously would raise suspicions on our cavalry.

We continued making our way to get out from Shibuya and into the highway. Muza blasted the most appropriate song in his Merc, AJ blasted another proper song in his, and as for me, I played this instead. And oh, you know those vaporware and future funk graphic arts where everything seems to be in the 80s and covered with neon lights? Well, we're probably experiencing what it was like right now. Cruising slowly in a bright, neon-bathed streets, in luxury cars, with no care given for what happened next day..........

And once we went into the highway, we started to pick up the pace a bit to enjoy the near-empty roads. It was so peaceful, as if we're sailing between the buildings uninterrupted. Muxa even described it as 'like riding on a magic carpet'. And even AJ's A5, which has been lowered as hell, saw no problem skating through the highway at all. Well, that's the master of lowering things to you :lol: As for myself, the HR34 lacks on the top end as I expected, but otherwise nothing too serious hampered me during the ride.

Eventually, we were all already tired to continue driving and decided to go separate ways, and back to our cribs. And thankfully I made my way back home without any interruptions or problems as well. Will I do this again? Well, probably nah. But it sure was fun! :D

And now, it's the moment you're probably not waiting for........seeing how does my wallet survives through this:
► Show Spoiler

That's all my updates for now, thank you for stopping by and see you soon!
Last edited by BigSmoke on 05 May 2020 17:01, edited 3 times in total.

Visit my RP HERE!
spgtwstd
Gangster

Damn Big smoke, you've been busy since I left. Love that 458 you got, and I am sad that you got rid of the Evo III. But hell, you got that Evo V and that ER34. Can't wait to get myself going with a secret car and dominate the track. Would love to go to one of the events you go to just to check it out.
Visit My Life. My RP
My Cars
► Show Spoiler
I'm back.....
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

That proper updated! Sad to see your beloved Evo 3 leaving, but hey Evo 5 still got you.
For Evo, I would leave bonnet carbon.
S13 vert ~ Kept but possible go to rebuild KA24DE, if you want kept N/A.
HR34 ~ Replace to RB25DET, fit about 18 inch and 8.5 between 9.5 width with RAYS, Volks, Nismo, Gram Light wheels. If you want dig deeper your wallet, you could use RB26, there RWD modified RB26 sump that removed front differental.
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
Benny
Associate

Well sad to see the Queen go, but thats the part of growing up.
Hood on the V you should definetly wrap just its up to you will you color wrap it to match the car or what I would suggest is the protective layer that Tavarish did on his "Milion Dolar Show Car" Murcie, and if u want the hood to stay carbon you do a transparent coat and you should be safe, and spraying a part like a hood or door or fender or bumper can be a DIY job no need to go to a pro like coating the whole car on the start!
Keep it up, doing illegal shit is fun, thats why its illegal :P
Lagano
Gangster

The OG Evo 3 couldn't deserve better than going to our Evo expert! And now you got the Silver queen 2.0 which will be miles better, can't wait to see it shred on some track days but i guess that ain't happening so soon. Keeping the stock bodykit and wing i'd say to color match the carbon fiber parts to keep it looking subtle and maybe surprising people on the track. :lol:

I see you got a 3S-GE for the 86, that's my homie! :D Trust me, you're gonna love it so much when the swap is done. And yeah, they're still quite cheap cause Altezzas with that engine are common there after all. For the S13 vert however, the KA24 is just fine since like you said you don't really go fast with it or anything. Also you might find something useful from the 240 we brought here cause it's all stripped out and ready for a SR20. And one more reason to keep your vert stock, it seems like you'll have a whole lot of engine work with the other rides! :P But i'm pretty excited that you finally got a D15 for that Tico, small cars reaching speeds they absolutely weren't built for can be crazy fun.

Like Ben said, something illegal is always fun :lol: reminds me of taking my R32 track car for a spin through the night streets! Glad you're having fun with the bois despite all that's happening.