V$ BigSmoke's Bizzare Builds and Life

BigSmoke
Gangster

31 Dec 2019 17:53

(Some pics are taken from Side to Side crew)

Finally, it's time for the final update of the year (and the decade as well)!
First off, I guess you already know what happened......so it's time to tell it from my own perspective.
And right at the new year's eve, I completed Kaede's final piece of mod and celebrate the eve in it!
And oh, of course I get to hag once more with the good boys for one more time!
So what are you waiting for? Let's celebrate by delving into the update below! :D

[26 Dec 2019, later that night]
After a long and intense sim racing sesh, I and Ziga (@Lagano) decided to end the day and get some sleep. But............

"Hey Ziga, you can sleep in my room as well. Not sure if we can share the bunk though"
"Nah nah nah I'll sleep downstairs, sofa is enough for me"
"You sure? At least get some blankets man" *passes blanket*
"Hey that's quite nice of you, thanks"
"Sure, now let me just lock the doo-"
"Wait nonono! I might go for a late night cruise later"
"Oh would you? I might join, but I'm quite tired right now so yeah, go on without me"
"Ah okay"
"Bring us something for breakfast if you do, will ya?"

And so, I was sleeping like a log.

[27 Dec 2019]
But then, some time later, my body felt heavier than usual and it feels like I'm being stretched. I tried to open my eyes, only to see a vague vision of some men. At this point I realized my head is stuffed into something and I was being kidnapped. Naturally I tried to scream and move, but then I heard a familiar voice.

"Sorry bro, mouth gag"

The next thing I know, my mouth was flex-taped and I was shoved into something, probably a car. Aat least those who kidnap me was kind enough to give a oxygen mask, but I simply planned to get some more sleep inside, since I'll probably die in the process and they won't get me alive if I did. And because they simply interrupt my sleep, which is one of several things that offended me the most.

Some time later, I was rudely awakened again, as they dragged my body off somewhere and then put be back against something, probably a concrete wall. After a massive laughter was heard, they removed the bag my head was covered in. As I tried to gather my consciousness, everythign was quite dark but I could see @Benny at the vicinity. As I lamenting the situation I'm thrown in, I began to question just about everything.

"S**t, where are we?"
"We're in the forest, man!" *laughter*
"What, the one near Tsukuba Fruits Line?"
"How should I know? You're the local here, you should've known!"
"Eh f**k it, I could call my friends-" *realized I didn't have my phone* "Ah s**t......"
*laughter* "Well looks like you have to walk home then! Get off here, now!"
*gets up and takes first steps* "Screw you mate, I'll make it-wait..........."

At this point I found out we weren't in the forest at all. The sunrise revealed we were in the Tsukuba Circuit! And there were several cars already parked in the paddock. There were also Ziga, Muza (@Niatross) and Adrianne (@RocketBunnyS13). I instantly lashed at them as I held my laughter.
"Happy birthday Smoke!"
"OI! WHAT THE F**K IS THIS!? YOU GUYS ALMOST KILLED ME FOR GOD'S SAKE!" *giggles*
*laughter* "Surprise, kiddo! How'd you like that experience!"
"NO! I DON'T LIKE IT A SINGLE BIT! And that's too early for my birthday! But what's with all the cars here?"
"That's the surprise as well! Behold, a huge collection of Skylines right in front of your eyes!"
"Oh my......" *laughter* "You didn't have to go that far man! I love this already!"

Alongside Adrianne's R34 GT-T and Benny's R33 which they used to transport myself, there are quite a lot of legendary Skylines gathering around. There's a legit (but stripped from liveries) C10 and C110 racecar from the early Japan GP days, a legit Nismo 400R, a R34 Z-Tune replica, and a custom VR38-swapped R34. Benny and co. allowed me to look around and admire those cross-generation collections.
But the fun didn't stop there. Turns out I got the chance to ride shotgun with the C10, C110 and the R34! Along the ride I was quite happy and giggling like a child with a new toy. The C10, better known as Hakosuka ("Boxy Skyline", due to the obvious bodyshape) for the fans, is quite significant not only to me, but also Japanese motorsport in general. For starters, it's the first Skyline adorned with GT-R badge. For racing purpose the S20 engine was strengthened and powered up significantly, resulting in a proper, fit-for-purpose sportscar and endurance racing dominator, despite only having 160 BHP. It won a lot of domestic races before the domination streak was broken with an equally legendary car, the Madza RX-3.

The C110 was built as a replacement to the C10 and an answer to the RX-3. Sadly though, the 70s global oil crisis means car sales was severely affected, causing major financial losses everywhere, including at Nissan. To keep themselves alive, Nissan had to axe their motorsport program for a while, and this also results in C110 production being halted. There are only 197 legit road-version C110 GT-Rs in this world, some which has been sadly wrecked as well. Speaking of which, I'm sure you already know the C110 was called "Kenmeri" or "Ken-Mary", since the advert of the car features a couple, who was named, well, Ken and Mary. If you want to see these adverts, look no further:
As for the VR38 R34........I don't think it needs any explanations, really. But it's not a new kind of build either. You see, at least in South Africa (I'm not joking!), the Van Zummeren family has done it first. Wade Van Zummeren has an R34 with VR38 inside it, plus HKS 4.2L stroker kit. Usually Wade uses it as drift car, but at times it serves as a hillclimb racer as well. His dad, Martin, also races an R34 as well as a pro hillclimb racer, although Martin's R34 retains the RB26 engine, combined with HKS stoker kit as well. You can see bith of them in action here (Wade's the top one, Martin's at the bottom):

And no, the fun didn't stop there either. After all these shotgun rides, there's one more treat Benny prepared for me.

"How's the ride?"
"AMAZING!"
"I hope you haven't tired yet and eager for more because we still got one more thing"

Turns out Benny asked his good friend and mentor, Megure-san to rent the circuit for the morning and brought several cars he built here as well. Megure-san has tuned quite a lot of cars along his lifetime, and high performance exotics are his forte, whether it's Japanese, European or American. Megure though prefers European ones as these are what made him famous and what paid him the most in return.

M:"Oh, so this is the kid you're talking about?"
B:"Yep, that's him" *glanced to me* "Hey kiddo, say hi to Megure-san here. He has the keys to your next treat"
E:"Ah, um, pleased to meet you Megure-san. Or can I call you Megure-sensei instead?"
M:"......I think I'll be okay with that, just call me Megure please"
E:"Ah, sorry, I always call tuners as sensei. I mean, you've created quite a lot of performance cars"
M:"Aaaah, I see. Anyways, Benny told me to allow you drive these things. See that Ferrari over there?"
E:"Yes-wait, A FERRARI?"
M:"Yes. And I'm sure you know what's next to it"
E:"Oh yes yes, a Pagani Huayra"
M:"Yep, you got to drive that as well. Just bring them back in one piece. And oh, happy birthday"
E:"Um, it's still a week to my birthday, but thank you very much sensei.Does anyone got helmets and gloves?"
And so, I grabbed the keys to the Ferrari and set off. This is the F12, which Benny somewhat called the F12 GTO. Well there was speculations about an F12 GTO, but the car in question ended up as the F12tdf, one of my favourite modern Ferraris. Or this could be one of those special ultra-limited edition Ferraris.......anyways, this F12 has been adorned with quite a lot of expretise by Megure-san, including custom front lip and a rear wing resembling the one from 599XX track day racer. Performance wise he meddled with the ECU and heads, and also fitted a screamy Novitec exhaust. What a machine!
The F12 follows Ferrari's long-running traditional format of V12 engine being up front powering the rear wheels only. This formula also applied to a lot of their famous cars, including the 250 GTO, 550 Maranello, 599, 612 Scaglietti and now the 812. Fun fact: There was a dispute between Ferrari and Italian Motorsport Association regarding the homologation of the 250 GTO for races. As a result, while the dispute was going on, Ferrari refused to represent Italy in motorsports and at one time got rid of their iconic red paint scheme. This results in Ferrari attending the 1964 American and Mexican GPs not as Ferrari, but rather as one of their customer, North American Racing Team (NART). And not only that, they also raced in American white-blue paint scheme instead of the usual red as aformentioned. Their spearhead, John Surtees, sealed the world champion title in the Mexican GP, therefore cementing him as the only world champion who sealed his title in a Ferrari that isn't red.
► Show Spoiler
And speaking of the F12tdf, the name 'tdf' refers to the, you might already guessed it, Tour de France. No, not the bicycle race. Back then, there was a car racing version of it, called the Tour de France Automobile. As you can guess, it's a long race around French cities and countrysides, similar to Targa Florio, Mille Miglia, or Carrera Panamericana. TdF isn't the only bike race that once had a car racing counterpart. Giro d'Italia also once has their own version, called Giro d'Italia Automobilistico. Back then, the 250 GTO won the 1963 and 1964 TdF Automobile, and the F12tdf was made to commemorate these wins. As the acronym 'TdF' was already patented by themselves and UCI, they had to use it in all lowercase.
With the F12tdf laps over, I switched to the Huayra. The Huayra (and Zonda) is a half-Italian, half-German supercar, being designed and built in Italy and powered with Mercedes V12 engine. And a bit of fun fact: Pagani's founder, Horacio Pagani himself is half-Italian, half-Argentinian. His dad is an Italian who lives in Argentina. Pagani himself went to Italy back in 1982 to work for Lamborghini. A decade later, Pagani found his own car company, and struggled for another seven years to built the first Zonda. So far there hasn't been any official Pagani effort in racing, but there has been some customers who raced Paganis with Horacio's blessing and assistance. And of course there's also the Zonda R and Zonda Revolucion.
The Huayra is Pagani's second car after the Zonda, which has ceased production for long (unless you offered them an ubiquitous sum of money to build a one-off for you.......). It's named after Huayra Tata, a deity in Incan mythology, which is hailed as the god of wind. It makes sense why they call the car with that name: Not only it's more aerodynamic and flows better visually than the Zonda, it's also the first Pagani to have an active aero, via the flaps at the rear which help you control the car as you turn.
The hot lap was quite fun as I was able to push both cars to their limits, and I'm glad I can bring them all home safely. Though I'm not sure if driving those only in a tee and tracksuit is a good thing :lol: At least they're kind and concerned enough to lend me a helmet, gloves and boots. And as if the surprise occasion wasn't completed yet, Benny approached me once again after I went off the Huayra and recovered myself.

"Hey, remember that R32 GTS-t I showed you back then?"
"Um, yea, a bit"
"You see that blue R32 over there?"
"Yea, what about it?"
"That's the GTS-t now, and it's yours to keep. Free of charge"
"OH REALLY? That's too kind of you, but I can't-"
"Just. Take. It. There's no space in our garage anyways and we've modded it to your taste"
"Damn man, I'm not sure how could I return the favor"
"Ehh, just work on my cars that is all. Oh one more thing, Muza open the trunk please"

The trunk was fullfilled with apple pies and egg tarts, two of my favourite snacks back in my homeland. They really overkilled the surprise, I could literally live on these for a month! And with Muza handing the keys to the R32, it's now officially mine.
So far what Benny and co. had done to the R32 is giving it a fresh Bbayside Blue paintjob, fit Gram Lights 57TC wheels and fresh factory brakes, get all of these GT-R bodykits and give the RB20DET a proper intercooler kit. Now though, one question arises: What should I do with this car? I've got myself quite a lot of daily runners, two track weapons, a grassroot drifter (that only went sideways thrice), a proper drift misile and one stancey boi. I could try a expressway racing build, but not only I don't really like street racing, the RB20DET are obviously not really up for the job, and I don't have any money for another RB26.......yet.
With the prank and surprise session over, we headed back to our cribs. And since there are quite a lot of pies and tarts inside the car, Muza told me to drive carefully so I won't destroy them. What is this, an advancd version of Takumi's tofu delivery? :lol:

[31 Dec 2019]
It's the final day of the year! We all planned to spend the new year's eve together tonight at KS HQ, and this time, I won't bring the Silver Queen. Instead, I'd like to bring Kaede instead and enjoy the frosty Tokyo evening together with everyone. But first thing first, I gotta complete one thing I missed from the shopping list: A wooden steering wheel for Kaede. Time to check the local Super Autobacs if there's one!
Fortunately there was one Momo Heritage Indy on the store, priced at V$240. There was Nardi Torinos as well, but I like the Momos better. And also because I mainly use Momo steering wheels as well in my cars. After I went back to my crib I quickly install the steering wheels and rewire them so the horns can still work on the new wheel. After some hours of rewiring and installing the wheel, here it is. Suits the car's laid-back character better don't you think?
Later that night I went to the KS garage early. Marc (@topy), Muza and Adrianne are already there, but Ziga and Franklin (@FranklinAnderson) weren't there yet, so we decided to spend the time remaining by going to downtown Tokyo and buy everything we need for the new year celebration. Spirits were high as we all ride around Tokyo inside Kaede with open top, blasting various music inside the car as we stroll around the ever-crowded Shibuya.
And finally, after Ziga and Franklin came to the garage, we all waiting for the year and decade to switch as we all light up fireworks, grill up BBQs and pass around various drinks along the night. 2019 has been a huge and awesome year for me, and definitely the year where my dreams come true and I ascended to a higher reality. Here's for an even better and faster 2020! :D

And finally, the final wallet calculation of the year!
► Show Spoiler

That's all my updates for now, thank you for stopping by and see you soon!
Last edited by BigSmoke on 02 Jan 2020 06:28, edited 1 time in total.

Benny
Associate

31 Dec 2019 18:50

Well Kiddo I am glad you had a blast, and I am not a single bit sorry for kidnapping your fat ass :P
Cars in RP:
Lamborghini Aventador
Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T
Toyota Supra A80 (EU Spec)
Nissan 180SX

Click here to go to my RP!
Make sure you visit our store as well, press on banner below!

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

01 Jan 2020 12:32

LOok like, you having blast time at track, and you are damn lucky having R32, I'm sure your driveway getting full with vehicles. You need garages one day. :lol:
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13457
RP location; Osaka, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RP's My previous owned vehicle:
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

01 Jan 2020 13:04

Benny wrote:
31 Dec 2019 18:50
Well Kiddo I am glad you had a blast, and I am not a single bit sorry for kidnapping your fat ass :P
Well how does lifting 95 kgs of meat and bones feel to ya? :lol: Either way thanks for everything! :D
Buzzsaw wrote:
01 Jan 2020 12:32
LOok like, you having blast time at track, and you are damn lucky having R32, I'm sure your driveway getting full with vehicles. You need garages one day. :lol:
I should invest in one indeed, I can't let my cars scatter around my driveway and the lot across my crib :lol:
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

NotPerfect
Gangster

01 Jan 2020 17:58

OwO ayy damn you had a big blast on your bd that's sick !!! Ayy i've got the same nardi for my 180 uwu really be lookin cleeeaan and ayy happy new year :D

Roleplay cars :

Mitsubishi Colt 1.6 - One day
BMW 3 series E36 316i - Seat time drift car
Nissan 180sx #1 - No engine YET, pro drift car
Nissan 180sx #2 - ???
Nissan S13 - D1GP spec drift car
Mercedes-Benz W204 C63 AMG - 1.5k auction car, daily

R o l e p l a y

Lagano
Gangster

01 Jan 2020 18:06

That might've been a bit rough for you but hey, at least it was fun and hella worth it. Happy new year my man!! :D

BigSmoke
Gangster

02 Jan 2020 07:14

NotPerfect wrote:
01 Jan 2020 17:58
OwO ayy damn you had a big blast on your bd that's sick !!! Ayy i've got the same nardi for my 180 uwu really be lookin cleeeaan and ayy happy new year :D
I told you it's still a week to my birthday, but hey thanks :D
Lagano wrote:
01 Jan 2020 18:06
That might've been a bit rough for you but hey, at least it was fun and hella worth it. Happy new year my man!! :D
Happy new year as well, and thanks :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

alex876
Associate

04 Jan 2020 15:43

S chassis looks great bro
ROLEPLAY

BigSmoke
Gangster

04 Jan 2020 16:41

alex876 wrote:
04 Jan 2020 15:43
S chassis looks great bro
Hey thanks man :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Niatross
Associate

06 Jan 2020 12:08

I was expecting you'd whip out an AK47 or smth and noscope all of us bc we absolutely made mincemeat of ur personal space that day :lol:
Hope u like the R32 tho! i made sure it gets top treatment over at Nismo Omori with the paintjob and service etc. :)

As for Kaede the vert, that thing looks fresh as ever with the beige interior and the wooden wheel only compliments it more!

BigSmoke
Gangster

07 Jan 2020 16:05

Niatross wrote:
06 Jan 2020 12:08
I was expecting you'd whip out an AK47 or smth and noscope all of us bc we absolutely made mincemeat of ur personal space that day :lol:
Hope u like the R32 tho! i made sure it gets top treatment over at Nismo Omori with the paintjob and service etc. :)

As for Kaede the vert, that thing looks fresh as ever with the beige interior and the wooden wheel only compliments it more!
No, I should've whipped out a railgun :lol: But hey thanks! And aaah I see, that explains the high quality paint job and fresher look :D

And I know you'll like the idea of Kaede having beige interior! ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

BigSmoke
Gangster

11 Jan 2020 18:19

Birthday Presents
(some pics are taken from Franklin's RP thread)

Time for the first update of the year! But first, a little bit of rewind to the final week of the last decade.
Turns out I'm not the only one receiving a brand new car as a gift! :lol:
And there's also the first trackday of the decade, and finally the S15 build progress continues!
As usual, let's find out what happened by delving into the update below!

[Rewind to the night of 26 Dec 2019]
Before I went to sleep that night, unaware of the upcoming terror at the next day (read my previous update to see what kind of terror it was), Franklin (@FranklinAnderson) messaged me and Ziga (@Lagano) on our separate phones. It looks like he needed help on a project, but what is it?

"Ay Biggie, keepin' busy I hope"
"Eh not really, I'm gonna sleep, but sup yo"
"Ah I see, but hear me out. I bought an R33 GT-R"
"Oh wew, you added another R33 to your collection"
"Nah, it's not for me"
"Eh?"
"I heard Muza (@Niatross) wanted an R33, so I'm going to buy him one"
"Hey that's so kind of you, I should say. But uhh......what does this has to do with me?"
"Let's get straight to the problem. It's been crashed"
"Ouch, any pics? You can't just give him a heap of scrap"
"Hold up" *sends an image of the R33*
"Ah thank god it's not a major loss. Yeah a little bit of straightening and it should be fine"
"Exactly!"
"Now though Biggie, since I've purchased the car, I need you to buy parts for it"
"Wait WHAT? Only me?"
"Nah of course not, everyone's involved as well, including Muza"
"Wait, you've told Muza as well?"
"That I need his help on assembly? Yes. That the R33 is going to be his? Nope"
"Aaaah okay that makes sense now. But you see, I'm currently saving for my own car as well"
"Oh come on, it's just a small part!"
"How small is it?"
"Dash assembly and steering wheel. I'll link it to you for the price" *sends used car parts link*
"Ah okay, V$600 seems plausible, but no more than that please"
"Wait, one more thing. Could you help me to register the car as well afterwards?"
"Sure, that I can do, since you're in Osaka and I'm the most fluent in Japanese between us all"
"Thanks Biggie, goodnight man"

After the rather lengthy message, I went off to sleep. And by this point you'll know what happened afterwards :lol:

[28 Dec 2019]
I went off to Osaka to pick up the interior parts and help Franklin assembly the R33. Since I've got a brand new (and FREE! Once again, read previous update) car courtesy of @Benny and co. at the previous day, which is an R32 GTS-t, I decided to take it for the long run immediately. So far, driving it around urban areas (by taking myself back home with it after Muza passed the key to me) felt quite nice, with the car receiving refreshing treatment thanks to Muza and his Nismo crew, with the RB20DET being rather rev-happy and delivering sufficient torque everytime I asked for it. Now though, it's time to see how far I can push the RB20 on faster and more demanding conditions. Time to kick up some music.

"Um, Smoke, you sure that's a GTS-t? Isn't that a GT-R?" No, that's a GTS-t. If you actually think this is a GT-R, didn't I've said read the previous update? :lol: As you can see, it's not a bone stock car........well, partly. The R32 has received the famous Bayside Blue paint from the R34 catalogue, new re-upholstered seats, new factory period-correct brakes, these GramLights 57TC wheels, those GT-R bodykits, and a proper intercooler kit for the RB20. Everything else though (including the brakes), is still bone-stock. That means there's a chance of the car riding like a jelly in high speeds, which is something you absolutely don't want to happen.
Speaking about the RB20, it's one of the cheapest entry to the amazing world of RB machines. They're normally residing inside an R31, non GT-R R32, base R33 and R34, Nissan Cefiros, Nissan Laurels, Fairlady Z31, and, of all things imaginable, New Zealand-spec Holden Commodore VL. The RB20 is quite famous as a cheap engine for all your grassroot motorsport needs, be it grip racing, drifting, drag racing. In fact the RB20 served once as a race engine as well, powering R31 GTS-R Group A racer along its lifetime. If you're an avid drift scene follower, you'll know Alexi/Noriyaro's R32 has RB20DET as well. If you're bored of droney or rorty inline 4 engine sound in your daily car, RB20 is a great choice as well, as y'know, the sound is not that different from that sweet RB25 or RB26 sound.

Problem is, if you're looking for competitive, high-power engines, the RB20 is not the answer. It simply can't go for higher power figures (which is usually agreed at 500+ BHP) without turning itself into a big box of molotov grenade. At this stage an upgrade to an equally cheap RB25 is recommended. Or if you're an Aussie, either that or RB30, since it powered the Aussie-spec Commodore VL. This is also the exact reason why the R31 was easily got curb-stomped and steamrolled in touring car races around the world. To solve this, Nissan created a new car and a brand new engine, which you'll know as the R32 GT-R and RB26DETT engine.
As I approached the expressway, I opened the taps on the R32 and RB20DET. According to Muza, other than the intercoler addition, the engine is stock but still brand new, so it could muster around 215-220 BHP, which is a nice figure way back then, but rather lacking for today standards. Still, could be worse: The base R32, the R32 GXi, came with a CA18i (yes, you read that correctly and it exists) and only produces 90 BHP. Even your average family car nowadays can top that! :lol: On the other end of the spectrum, the R32 has a limited edition version created by Autech. It's only available as an auto sedan, but it's equipped with AWD drivetrain and RB26DE. Yup, just like a GT-R, minus the twin turbo and with more doors. And yet, it only produced 217 BHP. You can top it up with a regular R32 sedan and some bolt-on mods!

Just as I expected, the RB20 performed smoothly, but being a bone-stock engine it's quite quick to reach its peak. Granted, it's not an RB25 or RB26, but being an RB engine, this felt rather weak for me. If you're a sensible driver or you just want to hear that glorious baritone sound, an RB20 is enough. But as I've said, if you're a thrill-seeker or speed freak, you'll need to upgrade to an RB25 or RB26. The intercooler works at least, which means I can floor it all the way without worrying about overheating, though I had to hold back once the engine touches the redline. At least though, the suspension is stable and healthy, making the car sit rock solid with not a lot of roll everytime I changed lanes.
After some hours of nursing the RB20, keeping myself awake and picking up the R33 parts at Osaka suburbs, I arrived at Franklin's garage, where everyone was going to start the work for the day. The crew for the day cosisted of me, Franklin, Muza, Benny, Adrianne (@RocketBunnyS13), Marc (@topy) and Dominika (@Nightkid). At this point I only realized Franklin told me to buy a non-airbag version of the dash and steering wheel, which made me worried a bit as we worked on the R33.

"Hey Franklin, a question"
"Yeah, shoot"
"Is this the non-airbag dash? And why?"
"Well......" *points to the ripped airbag inside the R33*
"Ah yes that makes sense. Right, I'll remove them and get this on"
"Great, put the airbag outside the car later"
"I guess you know what they say........we'll die like a real men. I don't want any head injuries though"
With the restoration job finished hours later, we bid our goodbyes and returned to our cribs. As I made my way back to the crib while preventing the RB20 from topping up too much, I began to shape my plans for the R32. Bodykit-wise it's already fitting what I wanted it to be (OORP: There aren't much alternative kits in the mod anyways). For the wheels, I might swap it with Nismo LMGT1s, so it'll resemble the Group A racer version. As for the engine and trans.........
Option 1
Just give it an RB25DET plus slightly improved stock RWD 5-speed transmission. Or if I could, I could try fitting the RB26DETT exhaust manifold and turbos to form an RB25DETT. Not sure how it'll end up, but I'm confident this is possible.

Option 2
I guess you've predicted what this one would be: An RB26DETT! For the transmission, it would be either Z33 6-speed transmission to keep things simple and cheap, or if I've got the money and knowledge to install it (I know AWD conversion is difficult), a proper Getrag 5-speed trans plus the entire HICAS AWD system

Option 3
This one is reserved should I wanted it to be a mad machine. You see, an RB26 is quick enough, but how about an RB30? Granted, they're only available in SOHC form by standard, but it still can be combined with RB26 or RB25 head, therefore forming an RB30DET or RB30DETT. It's not a really new formula, as at least there are two similar builds that have been done. Might use Z33 transmission as I can't imagine how difficult it would be to fit HICAS AWD to an RB30.
And also depending on the power figure at the end of the project, I might need to strip and cage the car......I'd say once it went past 500 BHP.

[31 Dec 2019]
As you've read at the previous update, I went to KS garage to celebrate new year's eve together. After I, Muza, Adrianne and Marc went out for a while to Shibuya in Kaede the vert, Ziga and Franklin finally came to the garage. And of course, Franklin brought the R33 to the garage. It's looking quite gorgeous now, far different from when we all first saw it, repainted in factory deep marine blue paint.
After some time of chit-chats, we realized we brought back nothing from Shibuya, and both Ziga and Franklin must be hungry.

Mu:"Well I should admit we were outside some time ago, but we brought nothing back here"
Z:"Aww maaaan"
F:"Oh hey, how about we go outside once more? Is that okay with you?"
E:"It's okay for me. The traffic though......hey AJ, do you know any shortcuts?"
A:"I do, but given the occassion today, we can't expect much"
E:"That's what I'm saying. I don't want to celebrate new year in the midst of a traffic jam"
Mu:"Well I don't mind either. As long as it isn't snowing hard"
Z:"Right, let's go then, I guess waiting here won't help matters"

And so, we went out once more around Shibuya, with I, Adrianne, Marc and Ziga inside Kaede, while Muza and Franklin are inside the R33 behind us. As I've predicted, traffic was quite crowded, but we're still able to move freely downtown. After some time going around downtown looking for a proper place to have dinner, we finally stopped at a restaurant and had a big feast of yakiniku. Hilarity ensues as we trid to flip the meats, shrimps and squids only using chopsticks, and we almost ran out of butter in the end :lol:
After the big feast, we were trapped in traffic on the way back, but nevertheless we made it back right on time before the countdown to new year starts. As I and Ziga prepped the fireworks, Franklin prepped for his surprise. And finally as the decade changed, Franklin handed the keys to the R33 GT-R to Muza. It's now officially his, and it's now the first addition of the year to the KS garage.

As we enjoyed the first hours of the decade, we partied some more as the skies were filled with fireworks from all directions. I wonder how will Franklin go back to Osaka though?

[01 Jan 2020]
Since Benny wasn't coming to our celebration the previous night, I decided to give him a nice call to celebrate the new decade.

"Hey Benny, it's Smoke. Happy New Year bossman"
"Eh, I don't really celebrate new years, but yeah, happy new year to everyone as well"
"Oh you didn't? Is that why you weren't with Ziga last night?"
"Exactly. It's just another year and another day for me"
"Ah don't be such a downer bossman. Anyways, you wanna go for another trackday?"
"Eh? Another one?"
"Kind of. I think I can improve your driving a little bit more. Get ZIga as well, I'll get Muza and AJ"
"Ah, okay, sure.......what should I bring there?"
"S2K. Should be an effective learning tool since we got no AE86s or Miatas"
"Good idea actually"
"Right, see you tomorrow"
"See ya"

Yep, I planned to extend the celebration a bit by having another trackday. We can't do it this time since it's snowing outside, so I opted to wait for the next day to be sunny, or at least not being snowy. After Muza and AJ agreed to join us as well, I spent the rest of the day hitting my books and various websites as I build the track training regime everyone will go under. My focus though is on Benny, since at the last trackday I can catch up with him at corners despite him driving a much faster car.

[02 Jan 2020]
I woke up a bit earlier than usual, so Ii could have a rather peaceful preparations as usual and a proper breakfast. You know the drill: Get some shower, don a denim, t-shirt and hoodie, get into the racing shoes, and prepare the gloves and helmet. For breakfast I tried something new, which is.......a loaf of toasted bread plus a sunny-side up egg and a cup of tea. Simple, but effective to go for at least a quarter day.

As I almost finished my brekkie, Ziga called me.

"Ay Smoke, you there?"
"Uh yeah, finishing my brekkie, you already on the way?"
"We already at Tsukuba man"
*spits tea* "S**t that was quick! Right I''ll be there"

And so, I finished my tea while lamenting the fact that I had to spit some out, then roll out to Tsukuba in my Silver Queen as I blast this track. For today though, I'm not driving on the track, as I'll be riding in various cars instead. Just like at the last trackday, Muza and Adrianne drives their M4 and A5 respectively, while this time Ziga and Benny are inside Benny's S2K.

As I arrived at the track, apparently everyone has waited for me. Fistbumps and brohugs were shared, and we discussed the plan for the day. Since Muza and Adrianne already know what to do around Tsukuba, I simply let them loose and drive as long as they wanted, though once again I warned Adrianne to go faster. As I've said previously, the focus here is to introduce the track better to Ziga and Benny, and particularly to refine Benny's track skills.
So as Muza and Adrianne set their own laps freely, first off, I took up Ziga for a ride. Ziga has entered several time attack competitions and basically an all-rounder racer (he also does drag racing and drifting), all I need to do is point out and refine Ziga's braking point judgement in the S2K (some are slightly late, some are too early). He did well and quite smooth, and as a result when he ride on without me, he easily score a fast lap.
Benny seemed to be quite excited that as we done our laps, he immediately wanted to drive the S2K. But not before I could tell him what's wrong with his driving..........

*getting excited* "Right, my turn to ride-"
"Ey ey hold up Benny, what do you think you're doing?"
"Well, taking my turn to drive?"
"Nope, not yet. Let me tell you your flaws first so you have an idea what to improve"
".......ah yes, that's why I come here"
"Right, let's switch places first"

And so, as we ride around for a while, I told him some of my pointers, aside from the braking spots.

"Your braking point is pretty much correct, but there's one fatal flaw that you have that I can see"
"A fatal flaw? What is it?"
"When I was hanging in the back on your R33, I can see you try to hug the apex-"
"Well that's how race drivers do isn't it?"
"Yes, don't cut me just yet. What I'm saying is it wasn't smooth enough. Your exits is wrong almost all the time"
"Wrong? What do you mean?"
"You kept the car on the inside at the exits"
"Well that's how street racing goes!"
"That approach will work on street racing because you got oncoming traffic on the other side of the road, and-"
"Then why it's wrong?"
"Hold up damnit I'm not finished YET! It'll work in rallying as well since you'll likely driving AWD cars and using handbrake"
"Okay, and?"
"Technically speaking, motocross racers use this technique as well by riding to the outisde, flick the bike and go to the inside line"
"So why it's wrong then?"
"Why, 'cause this is neither of those three! There's no oncoming traffic! Tell me, have you see Formula 1 cars cornering?"
"Of course I do, why?"
"You'll notice they tend to use the outside line when exiting the corner, yes?"
"Oh yeah yeah, I do"
"They do that to maintain momentum and speed. In your case, not only you lost a lot of speed and time, it's rather dangerous in multi-car racing"
"Dangerous?"
"In best case you'll be simply overtaken and you need to catch up. On worst case however the car behind you can clip you"
"What do you mean by clip?"
"In short, they'll either nudge your rear bumper or slam into your doors. Worse, they can accuse you of harsh blocking"
"Isn't blocking allowed anyways?"
"Yes, but that's not how you do it. In touring car or rallycross racing it might be slightly acceptable, but outside that, get ready to be penalized"
"Makes sense actually"
"Additionally, in your technique the momentum can be covered by a step of clutch, but you do know clutch can wear right?"
"Well, yeah, you're right I should say. So in short, what do you suggest?"
"Turn smoothly, use more track width in exits and exit smoothly, don't overcook it.The key is out-in-out"
"Roger that"
With the tutorial lap over, I handed the S2K keys back to Benny and watched him run alone from the sidelines. I'm quite glad to see Benny learning quickly as he progressed through every lap, and slowly start to score decent laps, though his steering input is a little bit rough, and sometimes he forgot to use the track width at the exits. I'd say the tutorial went well! :D
But then, as Benny went on to finish another of his lap, the inevitable happened. As he approached the final corner, which is a fast corner (and one of the deciding factor in time attack and regular races), he lost the rear of the car, causing him to spin at high speed and spraying his S2K in a gravel bath, prompting a red flag on the session. Since the crash happened in an instant and the car appeared to be damaged, I immediately rushed to the scene by riding on the track's tow truck together with the track marshalls.

As I hopped off the truck, I began to look for Benny.

"Benny! Oi! Are you alri-oh......" *spots Benny smoking in the gymkhana lot behind the catch fence*
"Yo, I'm good"
*bangs the fence* "OI! I TOLD YOU NOT TO OVERCOOK IT FOR GOD'S SAKE!"
*chuckles* "Sorry, kid"
*sighs* "Nah nah, I'm sorry for shouting at you. You almost made me had a heart attack there"
"Eh, it's okay"
"Well, I'm glad you're okay. Could've been worse. Oh yah, add that to your note: Curb your enthusiasm"
"Yeah. Right, tell them to tow my car back to the pits"

We spent the rest of the day by removing gravel from Benny's S2K's floor, and assessing the damage as well. Thankfully it's much better than I thought, as it only suffered exterior damage as far as the eyes can see. The rear left quarter panel was scratched (though I'm sure there should be small dents as well), and the rear bumper was detached and lightly cracked. Even the car was still able to start and run! The total assessment of the damage though has to be done by Benny himself in the end. With the minor fixes done and Benny declared okay by the medics, we bid our goodbyes and went back to our crib.

[04 Jan 2020]
It's my birthday...........but as I've mentioned in the previous update, the boys already gave a (huuuge) gift to me. But that's okay though, since even MORE of my birthday presents has come to my doorstep! :D Specifically, they're all the suspension parts and transmission parts for the S15. With only a month and a bit more before the S15's supposed debut race, I really had to move fast to make the dream build come true. Alongside the suspensions (and handling upgrades in general) and transmission upgrades, it's still missing some engine upgrades, better turbos, proper rollcage and um, a livery.

There's one huge problem though: There are quite a lot of parts I've ordered (want more details? Go back one page to the bottom most update) and if I install them by myself, it'll take a lot of time and energy due to the lack of tools available in my arsenal, the size of some components and the complexity to install most of them. And I'm sure it'll end up with myself causing more scuffs and wounds in my hand than usual, or even worse, I installed them incorrectly. But then I have an idea.

After some heavy lifting of the parts, all of them turned out to be fit enough to put inside the Merc Sprinter van. And of course, I can tow the S15 as well at the same time as I haul these parts. And then there's also KS garage that has a better supply of tools and several car lifts to make the job easier. But I wonder if they got any other cars in the works? I mean obviously I can't work on the S15 if they also got to work on their cars. With this in mind, I asked Marc if I can use the tools and the car lift in their garage, since as far as I can remember he's the one who got to build a car, which is a Mustang.

"Yo Marc, it's me Edo"
"Oh hey there Edo, wew I don't think you'd call me after all"
"Eh, yeah I should admit this is the first time I call you"
"Anyways, anything I can help?"
"Oh yah yah, say, is there anything occupying the car lift in the garage? Your Mustang perhaps?"
"As far as I can remember.........there's nothing up there. My Mustang is in the back of the garage at the moment"
"I do remember Muza's Porsche not receiving any treatments so far, how about his R33s?"
"Nah, all of his cars are still on the ground as well"
"How about AJ?"
"He doesn't work on anything at the moment. Let's get straight to the point, shall we?"
"I guess you already read my mind. Can I borrow the car lift and your tools?"
"Oh sure sure, go on. For the Evo V?"
"No, the S15. And since it's an S-Chassis I could consult to all of you as well"
"Ah, makes sense. I'm no S-Chassis master but AJ is. Right, tell me when you're going to use the lift"
"Two days from now. Ah I gotta go man, and thanks for the green light. See ya"
"See ya"

That's the lift and tools sorted. Now, to load everything onto the Sprinter and try not to break or bend any of them............

[06 Jan 2020]
Paycheck and Shop salary time! The usual V$1125 paycheck and V$1448 from decent December sales at the shop went into my wallet. With the parts already loaded into the Sprinter from the last two days, it's time to tow the car and go to the KS garage. Frankly speaking, I just love how the Sprinter can load a lot of things easily, no wonder some people turn it into a camper van! Although for now there's a little bit of worry of my parts being slightly dented from contact with the van's body. I mean the road isn't always smooth you know, and there's also stuff like speed bumps and the ultra-cursed potholes. I could change the suspension but naaah, they're perfect for the job already.

What can I do though is adding a wooden panel and flooring to reduce the bumping. Wood is softer after all, and can actually make the interior cooler. It's not going to require a lot of space either.......or so I thought. And I think I can sleep comfortably there, as probably it won't bake me alive at daytime :lol: I think I should get a brake upgrade as well, but not a BBK since it'll be an overkill(?) and won't be good when you need to do a panic brake and all your luggage went forwards quickly. And probably a new set of wheels as well. Now I'm not saying I'm gonna fit a TE37 or VS-KF on it like a madman, but the stock wheels are certainly a bit bland, and needs a small touch of refreshment.

After connecting the tow trailer to the Sprinter and lining them up in front of my crib, which turned out to be one of the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life, it's time to load the S15. It's a bit difficult to start the S15 due to it not being used for a very long time, but eventually the RB26 came back to life with a loud thrum and it's ready to be towed to Tokyo. Speaking of which, look at the massive size difference between the Sprinter and S15! And yes, the S15 hasn't been painted yet, I've said I'll save it for the last. No point to paint it before it receives rollcage. After the S15 gets strapped properly to the trailer, I pumped up another of my playlist collection and set off.
After a lengthy slow drive from Tsukuba to Tokyo, mainly because there are quite a lot of things the Sprinter has to haul and I don't want them to be broken, finally I arrived at the KS garage. After another million-point turn to park the Sprinter and get the S15 off the trailer, we start pushing the S15 back and load it to the working bay where one of the car list is. As we push it back and handing me the tools, we had a small chatter.

A:"So this is your S15 right now? Quite a progress, I'm impressed"
E:"Yep, it's almost halfway done. I need to be quick though, it's almost time for the event it's intended for"
Ma:"Hang on, what's under the bonnet? I'm sure that's not an SR"
E:"Well that's an RB26-"
A:"What? That's an engineering disaster! Unacceptable!"
E:"Hey hey calm down, I'm fitting it a bit further back. Gotta get that Audi Quattro-ish handling"
A&Mu:"But Quattro is an AWD car!"
E:"I'm rather sure the WRC racer almost always had a rear-biased torque distribution for the tarmac and dirt setup"
A:"I guess I can get that bit a bit, but still, why not keep the SR?"
E:"Err, twin turbo from the start that is all, and why not? Someone slammed a 2JZ into an RX-7 for time attack as well"
Mu:"Ah okay then, but you're the only one to blame for dismal lap times"
E:"Eh, I'm not looking to topple Under Suzuki, and that's why I fitted CF hood aside from having the engine a bit rearwards"
Ma:"You sure the CF hood will work?"
E:"Yeah, it's aerodynamic-"
Ma:"Yep, but it'll overheat the engine quicker as well. Get a vented one my man"
E:"I can't find one! One that is aerodynamic enough that is. But eh, let's find together shall we?"

After a rather lengthy search, we found something that suits what I wanted: Seibon DV-Style carbon bonnet. The best thing is, the item is currently under discount! I bookmarked the page to make sure I won't miss it on my next shopping list. For mow though, it's time to pump another track and work on the car.
After some lenghty hours of working, screwing and unscrewing, almost drilling my own hand, struggling to reassemble and fit the arms correctly, almost having a gear oil shower, etc., finally everything has been installed to the S15 neatly. After loading the removed parts to the Sprinter van and lowered the car to the ground again, I took some pics of the S15. It's getting even closer to my vision of its final form.
With the work over, we returned the S15 to the trailer and strapped it back. But before I went back to my crib, I had a little bit more of chatter.

E:"Uh, guys, is it okay if I need help for spot-welding here?"
Ma:"Sure, why not. We've done that a lot of times"
E:"And one more thing......Muza, was your A70 has weld cage or bolt-in cage?"
Mu:"Welded one. It was designed by Mackay, but yeah I welded it"
E:"I'm gonna need some help welding as well. For the materials and design, I can source you one, don't worry"
Mu:"Ah okay, cool"
Ma:"Wait I thought most motorsport events here allow bolt-in cages. Why not get them instead?"
E:"Nope, I want to do it properly"

For the design, I'm trying to get the design based on the rulebook of 24 Hours of Lemons (no, not Le Mans). Despite them racing near-wrecked or simply junk cars, safety standards for the event is quite strict. The race doesn't allow bolt-in cages, and thankfully they've got an extra-detailed guidelines about building the cages from scratch, which is why I chose it as the guide to build my rollcage.

With the build and discussion activity done, I bid goodbye to the crew and soaring the night as I went back to my crib.

[07 Jan 2020]
With the handling and transmission upgrades sorted, it's time to return to the main focus of the build: The engine! WIth some help of Muza and Marc and including the aformentioned Seibon bonnet, here's what I bought for the S15. Sadly, I found out that I've got not enough money to buy a proper turbo kit (but at least the intercooler has been sorted). Delivery would take 1-2 weeks:
Now, to wait for the parts to arrive and saving for a proper turbo............and of course, there's also the spot welding, rollcage build, and finally livery wrapping to be done. Even though if I can't build it right on time, I'd be happy to complete the S15 build in general.....it took me almost a year to do this! :lol:

And this is also why I haven't got rid of Silver Queen yet, particularly since the Evo V hasn't finished yet. I don't want to miss a lot of time attack events just because my build hasn't finished yet. Only when the Evo V gets done and turned a lap on the track do I let the Silver Queen go. And the there's also a huge train of build list behind it: The HR34, the Silverado, the Tico, the Sprinter, the new R32.........oh and I also have a lot of parts to be sold, but I'll save that for the next update.

And with the first update of the year done and dusted, let's see how my wallet started the year:
► Show Spoiler

That's all my updates for now, thank you for stopping by and see you soon!
Last edited by BigSmoke on 12 Jan 2020 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

FranklinAnderson
Gangster

12 Jan 2020 02:21

Great update yooooooooooooooo!
Working on the R33 was a lotta fun! The new year party and all of the stuff that we did in the yeat, it was incredible
Also, i picked up a non airbag dash and steeting wheel because muza probably will take them out eventually and probably some racing seats with harnesses and a rollbar, also airbag systems are too complicated.
Also if u ask, i went back to Osaka in plane, but this isn't the last time that i will go to Tokyo or Kanto region, i have a surprise, maaaaaaaaaaybe i'll go to kanto region and stay there, maybe not, idk (i already know but let's give it a bit of mystery hehe)
I'm glad that we did such amazing things, hopefully this 2020 will be as good or better!!!

And remember, AIRBAGS are for pussies, WE DIE LIKE REAL MEN! (that also count with static, but instead of die, we scrape like real men!)
Last edited by FranklinAnderson on 14 Jan 2020 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Current Money : $93965

Roleplay info below...
► Show Spoiler
Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

12 Jan 2020 08:28

Yooo dude, epic update! I'm feeling craving to take my Ducky (ECR33) to track.

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

13 Jan 2020 05:32

FranklinAnderson wrote:
12 Jan 2020 02:21
Great update yooooooooooooooo!
Working on the R33 was a lotta fun! The new year party and all of the stuff that we did in the yeat, it was incredible
Also if u ask, i went back to Osaka in plane, but this isn't the last time that i will go to Tokyo or Kanto region, i have a surprise, maaaaaaaaaaybe i'll go to kanto region and stay there, maybe not, idk (i already know but let's give it a bit of mystery hehe)
I'm glad that we did such amazing things, hopefully this 2020 will be as good or better!!!

And remember, AIRBAGS are for pussies, WE DIE LIKE REAL MEN! (that also count with static, but instead of die, we scrape like real men!)
Aaaaah glad you returned safely. Here's for a great 2020! :D
SimplifyHerb wrote:
12 Jan 2020 08:28
Yooo dude, epic update! I'm feeling craving to take my Ducky (ECR33) to track.
Thanks! And why not, please do! :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Sieklo
Associate

13 Jan 2020 11:06

WoW, What an update! R32 looks gorgeous! Maybe you can give me lesson on track when I will come to Japan :P
And thanks to you I will take JCW to the track! :D

SimplifyHerb
Gangster

13 Jan 2020 15:24

BigSmoke wrote:
13 Jan 2020 05:32
Thanks! And why not, please do! :D
I will, when Ducky finish brake upgrade and awaiting new alloys wheel.

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler

BigSmoke
Gangster

14 Jan 2020 05:34

Sieklo wrote:
13 Jan 2020 11:06
WoW, What an update! R32 looks gorgeous! Maybe you can give me lesson on track when I will come to Japan :P
And thanks to you I will take JCW to the track! :D
Thanks my man! :D Sure sure, I'll guide you through Tsukuba if you want ;)
And of course take the JCW to the track my man, she deserves it! :D

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

Niatross
Associate

17 Jan 2020 06:09

Wreching on project S15 was indeed a joy! Im quite hyped to see it demolishing tsukuba soon, and more importantly i wanna know how it fares against its own sibling-rival, Silver Queen the Evo 3!

Speaking of Tsukuba, new yearly tsukuba sessions were just as joyous! Aaaand same goes for cruising with Kaede and the whole BCNR33 fiasco that just went down :P

As for your R32's engine confusion, i would say go for an RB25DET NEO swap from an ER34 GT-T
Those have stronger internals and are good for some modest power. Stock block handles upto 500hp if im not wrong
However if you want more, RB26DETT is definitely the way to go. 30DET could work too but its a bit overkill and the lower displacement of the 26 equals more responsiveness. And given that 26's are known to perfectly handle numbers like 800hp, you'll be just fine! :D
Oh and a little side note, i have spare 18" LMGT1's laying around. if you want em,lemme know and we can work out a homie-deal!

BigSmoke
Gangster

18 Jan 2020 16:11

Niatross wrote:
17 Jan 2020 06:09
Wreching on project S15 was indeed a joy! Im quite hyped to see it demolishing tsukuba soon, and more importantly i wanna know how it fares against its own sibling-rival, Silver Queen the Evo 3!

Speaking of Tsukuba, new yearly tsukuba sessions were just as joyous! Aaaand same goes for cruising with Kaede and the whole BCNR33 fiasco that just went down :P

As for your R32's engine confusion, i would say go for an RB25DET NEO swap from an ER34 GT-T
Those have stronger internals and are good for some modest power. Stock block handles upto 500hp if im not wrong
However if you want more, RB26DETT is definitely the way to go. 30DET could work too but its a bit overkill and the lower displacement of the 26 equals more responsiveness. And given that 26's are known to perfectly handle numbers like 800hp, you'll be just fine! :D
Oh and a little side note, i have spare 18" LMGT1's laying around. if you want em,lemme know and we can work out a homie-deal!
I'm glad you enjoyed working on the S15 and having yet another trackday! :D Obviously main target is to surpass the Silver Queen, since this thing is a full-on, proper racecar as opposed to SIlver Queen which had to live a double life.

I guess I want to go the RWD Z33 trans RB26 way. I've read further discussions and found out a lot of people having difficulties mating RB30 block with RB26 head. And once they did, there are a lot of confusions and complains about lower-end torque, which compared to the top end ones could be as far as the earth and the skies.

Ey ey ey are the LMGT1s in white? I'd like to save for it after I sorted my S15 ;)

Visit my RP HERE!
Visit my old RP HERE!

• Information