V$ Soju's RP Build

Soju
Gangster

Hibernation

The harsh Korean winter is almost around the corner, so I had to get prepared before the snowstorm hits the area and somehow affects my cars.

I decided to store the two lowest cars (BCNR33, JZA80) to my home garage and leave the ECR33 to Mr. Lee's garage for more parts overhaul and visual upgrade.

Also, the front lower lips of the stock BNR34 bumper has been painted with the same body color, as the black stock ones didn't quite go well with the Nismo-esque exterior.

The SSR wheels on the BCNR33 was temporarily removed and replaced with R33 GT-R stock wheels with snow tires, just in case when the R34 breaks down and needs some time to get it fixed.

So it's basically a Plan B for the all-wheel-drive car which is quite helpful during harsh winter.

As you can see, I made Supra's ride height about half an inch higher than the previous setting to increase the stability and prevent the bottom from rubbing the road surface.

But unfortunately Supra will be stored for a while until the snowstorm goes away.

So basically this is my winter plan! Also, speaking of ECR33...

It's currently in this condition with lots of VW Harlequin inspired paintjob, and pretty much whole panels are replaced except few are still original.

I've acquired this PS Duce R33 full kit from local Facebook market for about V$800, because the previous owner was tired of scraping and damaging the bumpers.

I had to move the license plate to the right because the front intake could be blocked, and mostly it doesn't look that great.

Also, one of the hardest find, was the ECR33 Aero Grill for V$ 200, which came with only a handful of trims. Pretty lucky find!

I sold the AVS6 for V$ 2000 to Mr. Lee and he wanted to fit those to his RPS13, and I haven't decided which wheels to put next.

Probably OG TE37s or maybe one of those chrome SSR hotboi wheels?

Also the interior goodies arrived safely before the holiday season.

The VERTEX Forever steering wheels and the BRIDE VERTEX racing seats are installed for better aesthetics, and much better driver stability while driving.

It's still a wet season so I didn't decide to respray the whole car, but it will be repainted as Nismo 400R White.

Some might think retaining the two-tone would be better, but with those PS Duce Kit and the original paint scheme aren't my bread.

Also I've planned to get a livery that matches with @11000rpm's JZX in Japan for future drift matsuris!

Also, stuck in snow is not a great feeling after all ;) Coming Soon!
► Show Spoiler
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO Uh oh man damn the winter at least you have awd boi, meanwhile i'm here with my colt. Uh i guess it's time to get somethin somethin. Actually on the stockies 34 looks like it's oem tbh lmao. And damn the ps duce really be shinin and gj on finding the grille it's lookin on point. All you need nwo is some gannadors, hotboi rims and livery lol. Keep up the good work :D
Nightkid
Gangster

Will the BNR34 survive the harsh winter ? Find out in the next episode of keeping up with Soju !
Haha lmao JK , the paintmatched front lip looks and also flows with the rest of the car much better now ! Oh and the BCNR33 and JZA80 are looking good as usual :)
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

I could stuggestion for carbon lip but, paint lip look good enough. If you''re adding more black and carbon, you could call Bumble Bee R34. :lol:
Previous username; Buzzsaw.
My Roleplay Link: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=13562
RP location; Yokohama, Japan

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
RocketBunnyS13
Gangster

All of these posts further solidify your being the R-CHASSIS K I N G
s t a y c l a s s y
Soju
Gangster

Holiday

Before the snowstorm really hits the shores, I decided to change the shoes and socks of the Supra yet again.

I sourced barely used Advan GT 18 inch wheels with used A048 tires for V$ 4000, which was a racing spares for a weekend trackday racer.

TE37SL is aesthetically more pleasing to me, but 5 spoke lightweight wheels are another nice stuff that I really love.

Well putting a semi-slick tires during winter sound like a crazy plan, but I mentioned before, it will be used only when I want to (when the road is dry).

Besides wheels and tires, nothing has been changed. And guess where the TE37SL went to!

I brought R34 with 11K's help and took out the stock wheels, replacing with the TE37SL.

It reminds me of the previous white ER34 I owned quite a bit ago. But now it's a genuine BNR34!

To spice things up more, Nismo parts I ordered from Nengun arrived, which is a Z-Tune front bumper and the fender set.

Well the carbon version was pretty much out of the price range, so I had to take some sneaky shortcut. Probably gotta sell these and replace it whenever possible!

Decided to work on the cars during the whole holidays, and merry christmas!
► Show Spoiler
NotPerfect
Gangster

OwO ayyy damn the supra looks really nice on the advan's really sets it all nicely and the semi slicks mmm. Now the 34 ayy finally some nice wheels and not stockies lmao, but ah the nismo + z-tune looks really amazing good job ! :P
► Show Spoiler
Niatross
Gangster

BNR34 with TE37SL's and Nismo ZTune body is pretty much an iconic combo!
Same can be said for Advan GT's on JZA80

GOOD SHIT :D
Soju
Gangster

Recently I started working on the ECR33 again, this time aesthetics-wise.

Mr. Lee and 11K came back from holidays and started to work on the projects we had.

It's pretty sad to see the two-tone go away, but the paint condition on this 20-something year old car was pretty much a mess.

I decided to paint it same color as my BCNR33, quite simple but really easy to prepare some wrap or decal preparations.

Also, there are some period-correct goodies added to this build. Something like nice sets of wheels and mirrors :)

First of all, I got the ganador mirrors for the R33 model. Lucky to find one since it's long gone for a long time. Copped for V$ 800!

No more R33 stockies! I got the used pairs of Advan Model 6s and the tires set for V$ 1500, repainted with the same body color and the original logo work will be done shortly.

I can say the aesthetics of this project is mostly done, and the thing I need to take care of is the performance.

I need to practice how to handle the heavier boost of the single turbo setup, and probably need to take care of the suspension more.
► Show Spoiler
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

Damn, R33 with BN kitted, it still look cleaned and freshed!

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
NotPerfect
Gangster

owo ayyy the 33 looks soo nice white on white and gentlemen ganadors club welcome welcome xD and back to advans i c. Really in love with the car :P
► Show Spoiler
-stallion-
Gangster

Boy oh boy does you R33 look mint af! Bro, now you makin' my R senses tingling, and you making me wanna work more on my daily! Keep up the good work on the machine! :oops:
BigSmoke
Hitman

I'm a fan of the two-tones but yeah, it looks quite tired. New paint definitely helps on refreshing the looks! And are you saying you're gonna wrap it in a livery? If you eventually do, can't wait to see the final result :D
alex876
Gangster

The r33 looks beyond amazing, great work
ROLEPLAY
Niatross
Gangster

ECR33 came along very nicely so far!
PS Duce kit rly does look very nice on these things :D
Nick Shovkin
Associate

OMG! Very cool R33!
Japonic
Associate

OMG.R33 is a lot better than I thought. :)
FranklinAnderson
Gangster

Your cars are lookin awesome as always, keep it up my boie <3
Current Money : $41073

Roleplay info below...
► Show Spoiler
Chill Life, Good Life ド陰の越
Hotboi Gang (テヂ椅)
Sieklo
Gangster

Damn, that 33 looks so good, BN fits it perfectly. Your build makes me wanna buy 33 :lol:
Soju
Gangster

Pony Car

It's been a few weeks and I worked my ass off in order to deal with my Japanese classic fleets.

I've been through several meaningless decisions and shady workarounds to get the maximum paycheck I could get from the workplace.

I thought using a yellow Skyline which makes it super weird some time as a daily, and I needed another petty excuse to add another car to my shopping list.

Also it was before a holiday season so I had to be quick to find the car I wanted to get as a secondary daily driver.

And I ended up with getting this, a '05 Ford Mustang GT which was once used as a rental vehicle for a pretty long time.

I got this American muscle for 8.5K with all the repair bills and the previous records. Neat!

At a first glance, it's a pretty acceptable, considering it was abused by countless number of strangers who just wanted a two-seater pony car for a special occasions.

The exterior was not good nor bad, the right side skirt was not its original pair, and the paint lost its shine and it looked rather bland and dull with lots of swirl marks.

It's been driven for a whopping 175K km (110K miles) and the engine needed to be reworked. Luckily as an ex-fleet car, most crucial parts (something like tires, brake pads) were already replaced.

However I am not sure those replacements were legit or even coming up to this car's real performance figure it used to have.

The interior was a typical American plastic from early 2000s, lots of cost saving measures and cutting corners. Well it's meant to be made cheap thinking about the base price of this car when it was new.

Pretty unusual for a rental vehicle in Korea, which is a manual transmission. Pretty weird choice but maybe the rental company wanted one or two manual vehicles for a promotion I guess?

Anyways, most people drive stick shift like a truck so the clutch should be replaced as soon as possible, I could feel the slipping even when I was trying to park it inside the garage.

One thing about the non-US spec Mustangs are, it sometimes came with different set of rear light relays or even a different parts like this one has.

The earlier batch had same US-spec lights but with bumper cutouts for the blinkers.

The law didn't allow cars being sold with the red blinkers (it's available nowadays) and Ford had to drill the bumpers and make relays different to comply with the law.

But this one is a later batch which has a EU-spec rear lights which looks much cleaner and Ford didn't have to drill the bumpers.

At least I can say I was lucky to get this one.

I probably have to spend another money to fix the basic stuff to make this run like a proper muscle car, not a barbie convertible.

Registering with a new license plate and probably replacing a near dead battery would work for now.
► Show Spoiler
marcus915
Associate

your Supra is insane as always, but that ECR33 is nuts!!

A Mustang is unorthodox, but i like it. Can't wait to see what comes of it.
hollywood's bleeding
c o o l d o w n
Niatross
Gangster

Like @marcus915 just said, the mustang is definitely an interesting choice
But you being the one who bought it, im sure it will turn to something very pleasing :D
SimplifyHerb
Hitman

Mustang?! Just be careful and try to not hit the peoples. :lol:

RP's My vehicle owned:
► Show Spoiler
BigSmoke
Hitman

Well I thought it'll be an import or ex-govt vehicle but nah, it's a rental car. And that means as Jeremy Clarkson would agree with, you've scored yourself the fastest car in the world! :lol:
Since it's been abused in many ways (though not as severe as Jeremy did to his Auris) repairing the Mustang might be difficult, but otherwise I'm looking forward to the progress of this American icon. South Korea is probably the next hidden muscle car heaven! :D
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
Lagano
Gangster

Woah a Mustang! Now that's what i'm talking about. Buying an old rental car can be quite risky but fortunately it seems like this one was well taken care of. Aside of the clutch, of course, that's inevitable since so many random people drive it. Now you reminded me i should try out some more muscle cars, being in their homeland!!

If you need any parts for it, let me know cause Mustangs from these years are pretty much ordinary in the States :lol: