BB93 SLRR - 2018 Java Update

BigSmoke
Hitman

Created this topic because I noticed that this hasn't been moved from the old forums and might not be included in the current main download as a result, and chances are new players hasn't picked it up yet. I'm trying to make this page to be foolproof and easy to understand to everyone, but of course JC and co. as admins and mods can edit this page as they see fit.

All the details here are taken straight from the old site's page. There are some issues that has been solved and answered by BB himself in the old page's comment section, so before asking here for troubleshooting, consider checking the old page first to see if your problems were already answered back then. And definitely, definitely, don't ask me about it, I'm just reuploading this patch for the community. Either BB himself or other experts/modders, as well as fellow players should be able to help as well.

Also, as this topic's name and locations suggests, THIS IS NOT THE FULL GAME. If you're looking for that instead, GET OVER HERE, then go back here. Bonus points if you read the 'GET OVER HERE' bit in Scorpion's iconic voice.

So, what are the new bits in this update?
  • You can now save your game using a button on the top bar. If you've played SLRR LE before, this should be familiar
  • On the parts shop, now you can see a rotating preview of the part you're going to buy
  • Now you can cycle between the latest 5 cars that you've build in the garage, saving the effort to go to the car lot all the time
  • As mentioned beforehand, some bits from SLRR LE has been included as well. Some stays the same, some has been refined by BB
  • Several UI improvements, mostly bigger fonts and pointers

What are the things I should have beforehand?
  • A copy of SLRR BB93, obviously. If you didn't have it, you clearly didn't read the warning on the top, so grab one now.
  • Benny's Garage track mod, since it is now the new default garage. If you don't have it, grab it now, or enjoy constant crashing because the game can't find the garage.

How do I install this?
Simple, really. Just drop it to your SLRR BB93 install, and overwrite when prompted.

Anything else?
Keep in mind that despite the premises, your SLRR is still likely to crash anyways. It's a 15-16ish y.o. game at the time I write this after all, and it's already known for constantly crashing all the time. That's how SLRR works.

Okay, so where I can download it?
It's time for the moment you've been waiting for. Make sure you've had a copy of SLRR BB93 and Benny's Garage track mod as indicated beforehand. If you haven't, you clearly skipped that bit. Next time, don't gloss over important details for god's and your own's sake. If you skipped it because you don't have a good grasp in English, it's okay, it's never too late to learn and improve yourself. If you skipped it because you don't understand English at all, uhhhhh...........how did you managed to go this far? Use google translate and get back to the top of this page so you can understand better.

Anyways, I'm sorry for blabbering too much.
DOWNLOAD THE PATCH OVER HERE.

Optionally, you can download a brand new UI update over here. You don't have to, but as BB said by himself, you might want to install this to fully enjoy the fresh experience. You can also download the UI without downloading the full patch, as these two are separate entities. But then again, if you download just the UI, it probably feels like eating a sandwich or burger without all the sauce. Or probably just gulping all the sauce instead of using it as a condiment.

Any preview pics?
Oh sure sure, of course we all need a preview. Seeing is believeing after all. Behold!

Credits
As quoted from BB himself............
I honestly dont remember all those who might've helped with this, my mind is a jelly so if i forgot your name just pm me (BB93) and i'll add you.

ALAN/HolyShitMan, Amilmand, Gorgoil, RedCarDriver - Scripting, ideas and what not.
Many people - Testing while work in progress.

Finally, repeating the point from the very top above, checking the old site's download page is recommended for initial steps for troubleshooting, since some issues has been solved and andswered by BB himself. In the end, have fun spicing up your BB93 copy! :D
Last edited by BigSmoke on 26 Apr 2020 18:58, edited 3 times in total.
Still following the damn train since 1992

Visit my RP HERE!
Or read it from the very beginning HERE!
Tuner25
Associate

BigSmoke wrote:
12 Apr 2020 04:53

Optionally, you can download a brand new UI update over here. You don't have to, but as BB said by himself, you might want to install this to fully enjoy the fresh experience. You can also download the UI without downloading the full patch, as these two are separate entities. But then again, if you download just the UI, it probably feels like eating a sandwich or burger without all the sauce. Or probably just gulping all the sauce instead of using it as a condiment.

it's the same link
BigSmoke
Hitman

Tuner25 wrote:
26 Apr 2020 18:33
BigSmoke wrote:
12 Apr 2020 04:53

it's the same link
Oh my god I didn't realize this, thanks for quoting! Links should be properly different now :D Or if you're too lazy to scroll back up, the corrected one is the optional UI

Also if you're wondering why the patch is just some kilobytes, java source files are small after all

Visit my RP HERE!
spgtwstd
Gangster

Hey. So I downloaded the patch for my game, and now my cars won't move. They are just stuck in place, only doing burnouts and that is it. What do I do???
Visit My Life. My RP
My Cars
► Show Spoiler
I'm back.....
BigSmoke
Hitman

spgtwstd wrote:
01 May 2020 16:51
Hey. So I downloaded the patch for my game, and now my cars won't move. They are just stuck in place, only doing burnouts and that is it. What do I do???
See this is why reading the article throrughly and checking the old download page is useful: BB himself already answered this question. In fact this is the first one he answered.

Or to save your effort, per BB's very own words.........
Need to either delete your save (the options one. Still don't get it? It's in [your game]/save/game) or go in the options menu and:

> enable drift mode
> save and close the game
> disable dfirt mode
> save and close the game
> it wont happen again
I suggest to do the latter first, and only delete the options file if the latter doesn't work

Visit my RP HERE!